Boddington's Pub Ale, The Cream Of Manchester

zaphodbeeblebrox

You don't know much about prices of imported beer in Thailand, do you?

Can you clarify the 'Happy Hour' times at Tropical Bert's?

Thanks! :)

I think it's 4-7pm but don't hang me up on it.

Better clear this up before I get Hung. We have happy hours every Friday 4 to 7pm, we have our golfers out on a Friday (small group) and some of the Legion guys started to come in Fridays late afternoon. I thought it would be nice to drop the prices for them on local beers, Singha, Chang , Leo, San Mig Tiger and so on (between 45 and 60 Baht). Now as regards my Cans, Magners bottles, Cider and Boddingtons, if I were to put the same % on those as I do bottled beer they would probably never sell. I charge 170 Baht for Boddingtons at any time, if I said 140 Phil then I must have had to many with the Old Soldiers!!!. Raro certainly seemed a happy man whatever he was drinking!!!

Cheers

Bert

Probably a misunderstanding, perhaps on my part, sorry about that. Still 170 in a pub for a pint that cost 140 in the Supermarket is still a good price imo.

There's a BKK distributor who got the exclusive importing license. Hopefully, there won't be too much price variations among retailers that decide to stock it.

UPDATE: March 9th 2010

I made a full inspection of the canned bitter beers available in Friendship Supermarket at 0815 this morning:

Boddingtons: 138 baht 568ml can (4.7%)

Marstons Pedigree: 110 baht 500ml can (4.5%)

Tetley Smooth Flow: 99 baht 500ml can (3.6%)

UPDATE: March 9th 2010

I made a full inspection of the canned bitter beers available in Friendship Supermarket at 0815 this morning:

Boddingtons: 138 baht 568ml can (4.7%)

Marstons Pedigree: 110 baht 500ml can (4.5%)

Tetley Smooth Flow: 99 baht 500ml can (3.6%)

We know that Boddington's is 2.75 GBP per pint now, but what would the Marstons and Tetley come to in GBP then?

It's always necessary to compare Thai prices w/ those in dear ol' Blighty.

Edited by JSixpack

We know that Boddington's is 2.75 GBP per pint now, but what would the Marstons and Tetley come to in GBP then?

It's always necessary to compare Thai prices w/ those in dear ol' Blighty.

Update of prices of canned bitter beer (sold at Friendship Supermarket): Quoted in GBP (see post # 37 for prices in THB)

Boddingtons Beer 568ml can: 2.81

Marstons Pedigree 500ml can: 2.24

Tetley's Smooth Flow 500ml can: 2.02

Exchange rate used (March 10th 2010) 1 GBP= 49 THB

A pint can of export retails for $1.79 in the U.S. and $6.49 for a 4-pack. In converted U.S. dollars, Friendship is selling a pint for $4.22.

Here's a U.S. price list for those who are interested in the cost of their favorite brew in the U.S.

U.S. beer price list

My next quest: Samuel Smith's Nut Brown Ale - I began drinking it when I was 12 years old (shhh! don't tell anyone). My first imported beer love.

Boddingtons001.jpgsam-smith-nut-brown-ale.gif

Edited by zaphodbeeblebrox

My next quest: Samuel Smith's Nut Brown Ale - I began drinking it when I was 12 years old (shhh! don't tell anyone). My first imported beer love.

Samuel Smith's Stout was available on draught, in the Sportsman's bar Soi 13 last time I was in there. (February 19th 2010).

I did not sample it, so I cannot comment on it flavour, quality or temperature.

Edited by syd barrett