Buying A Larger Tractor

Can anybody please help me.

My wife and her friend want to buy a tractor to work on our land and to rent out with a driver in the area when we are not using it.

They are talking about a medium tractor but I have no idea of the brand.

Unfortunately I am in Pakistan and though I have googled about tractor sales in Thailand I generally get sent to UK or USA websites. Are there any Ford or whatever tractor dealers in Thailand with websites? :o

Ford have quite a visible presence here with their agricultural vehicles, but i cannot find a website with regard to it. I know there is a dealership in Hua Hin that sells medium to large sized Ford tractors, even though i know nothing about the subject myself.

Here is a link to the Ford passenger vehicle contact site. Id send them an email with a request for details of their commercial vehicle department.

http://www.ford.co.th/thai/contact.php

Bill here's a link for a place in Auattaya http://www.mitalai.com/EN_Main.htm

Virtually everywhere has tractor dealers there are about half a dozen here ranging form the smaller kubotas to the bigger fords.

You need to think what you want. If you are going to contract out then you have to get a big one. I'd go for the ford cos its easier to fix, cheaper and there are loads of them.

They are'nt cheap though a decent second hand one will set you back around 400,000 (you can get cheaper) plus blades, ploughs ect. It would'nt be cost effective for you just for your land. If you contract out you need a good reliable driver and as its not regular work its not that easy to find. Then you have wear and tear ect.

Put it this way I've got a nearly 70 rai and the cows and I'm better off contracting out rather than buying, there is just so many places that have their own there just is not the regular work to keep on going esp if you have to pay a driver, if may be different up near you but do your homework first. There are a few threads around on tractors if you do a search.

Cheers RC

When you are looking you might keep in mind that the price of diesel is up and will probably not go down and will likely go up even more over the years.....look for efficiency. It is conceivable that with an extremely efficient tractor you may...in the future...be able to undercut the competition if they have older rigs.

Just a thought....I have no actual data about this...I could be completely wrong!!

Thanks for your help guys.

So far RC link works but a lot of it is Thai which is tricky.

From Thai Normans link I found this thread which I started which I suppose makes me an international author though with a limited readership.

I suspect I will have to spend a day or so chasing it up when come back next month.

Cheers :D:o