Good Hotel Near The Suan Lum Night Bazzar

Isabellla

Thanks Dino and DJ Pat.

How far is MBK to Suan Lum as I was offered a good package deal?

By the way which is better Pinnacle Lumpini or Pathumwan Princess (fitness/swimming pool and eatery neraby)?

Pathumwan Princess is definitely a better hotel.

You can easily access Suan Lum night bazaar from Pathumwan Princess/MBK by BTS skytrain (from national stadium station) and subway (change of train at Asoke station). But it's a relatively short distance it shouldn't cost you a whole lot more even if you take a taxi from Pathumwan Princess (about half an hour, less than B100).

[Thanks Nordlys.

HAve you ever visit the night bazaar?

S it air-conditioned?

I'm afraid this is an open air night bazaar, Isabella, hence not much air con but these days the temperature seems to be on the way down, especially in the evening, so should be OK.

And anyway, plenty of beer to cool you down there. :o

I used to stay at The Pinnacle Lumpini. It was OK ten years ago, but last time I walked by it seemed kind of shabby. There is a tiny wading pool on the roof and a very small fitness room. There are a few places to eat near by, including a night market. But, if you're visit Suan Lum, there's tons to eat and drink there.

If it were me, I'd stay near a subway station and just ride the train to the Night Bazaar. There are many choices in the vicinity of Asok. One very nice one is the Rembrandt on Soi 18. It has a nice pool, a good workout room, several nice restaurants in the hotel and some good on the same soi.

Edited by mgnewman

are many choices in the vicinity of Asok. One very nice one is the Rembrandt on Soi 18. It has a nice pool, a good workout room, several nice restaurants in the hotel and some good on the same soi.

The Rembrandt is quite nice and not that expensive but there are probably cheaper alternatives in the area.

Depends on your budget...

Rembrandt Hotel

How would you guys rate the suan lum bazzar? I have heard mixed things. How many stalls/vendors would you say are there? I have heard it is decent for a night out but how about the prices on items? I would do the obvious and head down there myself but am currently in the US. Any replies appreciated........

How would you guys rate the suan lum bazzar? I have heard mixed things. How many stalls/vendors would you say are there? I have heard it is decent for a night out but how about the prices on items? I would do the obvious and head down there myself but am currently in the US. Any replies appreciated........

I would say at least 30% of the stalls are vacant. You might find the odd one of thing worth buying, but nothing really special. The market aside, I like the surrounding area for a quiet stroll, meal, drink. Its a very quiet place with almost nil traffic. Very much a Thai family night out.

Rate the Night Bazzar...... not bad for a look around and some nice outdoor restaurants.....

drawback with the Pinnacle is the steep stairs to the lobby , you dont want to be climbing these too often in the heat . The lobby is on high level to accomodate the parking area . it looks a tad shabby these days .

I would say at least 30% of the stalls are vacant. You might find the odd one of thing worth buying, but nothing really special. The market aside, I like the surrounding area for a quiet stroll, meal, drink. Its a very quiet place with almost nil traffic. Very much a Thai family night out.

SEAtramp is pretty much right on with this post. My addition would be to estimate its overall size as about 1/4 the size of Chatuchak weekend market. It is newer and cleaner, and doesn't have a lot of the stuff Chatuchak does, such as the extensive pets and animals area. Prices are not as good as Chatuchak either.

But as mentioned it does offer a nice environment for something different on an evening out- good parking, good food, good beer garden without the crowd or sweltering temperatures at Chatuchak.

I would give it rating of 7.5 out of 10.

^ 1/4 the size of chatuchak? Really? That is a lot bigger than I thought. Chatuchak is pretty dense in quantity of stalls. Seems like replies here mirror about what I have heard previously from friends. Thanks for the info, I'll give it a look see in a few months when I am back in town..........