Have You Seen The Currency Exchange Rates

The Pound has gone down due to fears in the UK that there will be a hung parliament at the next election there.

Agreed, but the Euro is being hit also.

Like most people living here on pensions or other fixed incomes, I've had to cut down on eating out and changing restaurants to the more economical ones.

It seems that a lot of bar/restaurant owners put their prices up to retain their profits, but they forget that when the tourists go home they will have lost the 'locals'.

Like most people living here on pensions or other fixed incomes, I've had to cut down on eating out and changing restaurants to the more economical ones.

It seems that a lot of bar/restaurant owners put their prices up to retain their profits, but they forget that when the tourists go home they will have lost the 'locals'.

Well it is time to go home and look for another place for the next winter.

Lamai beach road has one new optical store, all the other are always empty and thai people seems not in need of glasses....

I haven't seen the usual price increase on restaurants/resort but after 5 year with 15% increase every december and the bath very strong it seems that Thaialnd is not compatible anymore with the current level of pension payed in Europe.

At least after all these ATM bombings the banks will understand that 150b fees are too much :)

The Pound has gone down due to fears in the UK that there will be a hung parliament at the next election there.

There are many bars & restaurants I avoid now, because of this policy of upping the price to compensate falling business.