Two Wounded In Seven Bomb Attacks At Banks In Narathiwat

webfact

Its interesting though that only a selected number of banks are being targeted.

Bank of Ayudhya, Siam Commercial and few others have not been touched at all

SCB is highly unlikely to be bombed as the Crown Property Bureau is the main shareholder. If you want a safe ATM, use theirs.

Now there's a bit of reverse logic that could get your nuts blown off. The 'elitist royalist' bank is the safest ATM option in these troubled times?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i plan go to Thailand with my wife(thai) for vacation on August, but i need to change my plan now. Why? a happy and peaceful paradise become a bloody and violant hel_l!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!THAI! don't destory your beautiful motherland!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Might be too late. TS is still not in custody.

Instead of pointing your finger to a democratically elected person, you should point your finger to the very people that are responsible for this mess. The army. Surayud, Sondhi, Anupong. Be happy that Thaksin is not in custody if you are aligned to to the elite. The elite and the current thais system would not survive a revolution.

has anybody noticed the remarks of K Suthep?

He said: "There's nothing unusual about it" - these are the words of Deputy Prime Minister in charge of security affairs, Suthep Thaugsuban

In any other nation he'd get a big walking stick for such a comment.

I prefer wear a black shirt these days.. it does not show the dirt as much as a chickenshit yellow shirt or a blood stained red shirt... Red white and blue shirts are cool as long as they are not made of any flag like resemblance.. Earth tones are good..

Black is still the best.. I must admit I never would condone or favor a WWII German outfit.. but they sure had a great looks and the colors were wonderful..lovely uniforms in grey and black... The old US Marine corp uniforms and the British leather (or was that English Leather?) were also very nice.... yeah the Thai have a great series of good looking uniforms as well..

Okay, how about a pair of faded blue Levis and a tight black crew neck tee shirt.. Dress code of the day for all falongs in vogue..

Well Well very unfortunate mishap that some cretins have undertaken and killed some innocent people. RIP to those killed and speedy recovery to those injuried. A slow and hideous death to those involved with such violence.

I will not change my travel plans because of a few jerk offs. as long as the airports are open.

... THAI! don't destory your beautiful motherland! ...
My first post here - don't know, if it will come out or not .... I think, it's all about majority and minority: A few hooligans can stop a football match - but the media will focus on them. A few religious extremists don't want to stop fighting against other confessions - but they have influence on world politics. And talking about Thailand: The majority of Thai people are really peaceful, very friendly and don't want to see this kind of problems in their beloved country. But there are some people throwing granades in BKK and bombs in the South - and atonce they are becoming the talk of the day. Don't get me wrong - there's no reason to hide anything. Never. But most cities, most places in Thailand are safe and quiet. No reason to panic.

has anybody noticed the remarks of K Suthep?

He said: "There's nothing unusual about it" - these are the words of Deputy Prime Minister in charge of security affairs, Suthep Thaugsuban

In any other nation he'd get a big walking stick for such a comment.

Well he is not exactly the brightest light bulb in the batch, is he??

... THAI! don't destory your beautiful motherland! ...
My first post here - don't know, if it will come out or not .... I think, it's all about majority and minority: A few hooligans can stop a football match - but the media will focus on them. A few religious extremists don't want to stop fighting against other confessions - but they have influence on world politics. And talking about Thailand: The majority of Thai people are really peaceful, very friendly and don't want to see this kind of problems in their beloved country. But there are some people throwing granades in BKK and bombs in the South - and atonce they are becoming the talk of the day. Don't get me wrong - there's no reason to hide anything. Never. But most cities, most places in Thailand are safe and quiet. No reason to panic.

you got a point here. But thinking further this is exactly what happens here, a minority dictates the majority and thus creates further miseries and crime.

I feel safe and I tell all my friends its safe to travel to LOS.

But Im worried about the news media here in Europe , if it becomes headline news it will scare people off....

I feel safe and I tell all my friends its safe to travel to LOS.

But Im worried about the news media here in Europe , if it becomes headline news it will scare people off....

Wehther you feel save or not. Fact is that miseries are created. I remember the time when people got butchered and three meters around the corner people where smiling and "mai pen rai". Food for thoughts.

These bomb attacks don't worry me but I am concerned about being robbed when I go to the ATM this week. I understand Sterling is down to around ThB 48 today. Daylight robbery !!

Are you ready to see the pound drop to @ 35? No? Better get ready........

i plan go to Thailand with my wife(thai) for vacation on August, but i need to change my plan now. Why? a happy and peaceful paradise become a bloody and violant hel_l!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!THAI! don't destory your beautiful motherland!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good, stay away. I'll be enjoying my daily evening stroll around Chiangmai, seeing happy smiling faces, with nary a frown nor loud voice to be seen or heard.

"..bloody and violant (sic) hel_l!!!!" my a$$, you twit.

More moronic 'copy-cat' extremists with no brains. Another nail in the Thai tourist coffin - wait until the press blow it up "ATM BOMBING ACROSS THAILAND - Embassies warn against travel".... :D:)

Is it far from the truth? Would you not be a bit more wary if you are using an ATM?

The way the Pound is going we might get better value out of an exploding ATM!

Thailand really does want no tourists...

first mass protest and riot warnings

now bombings where you could lose your life or a limb just to get your money to spend here...

i guess an informed tourist is not looking thailand to come and spend their hollidays here

If this was a post about "tuk-tuk scams" or "bar girl scams" or some other tourist related post I could see your comment but COME ON. We are talking about bank bombings and TOURISTS are probably the last thing on the bombers minds.

I would say that TOURISTS are on the bomber's minds? If you want to screw up a government what better way than to put a dent into an economy that benefits tremendously from tourism whilst at the same time raising doubts about the government's ability to protect its citizens and visitors to the country?

That's how terrorists work they raise fear and doubts into everyone's minds who in turn attack the government for allowing such things to happen.

Which judging by the posts on this subject is succeeding?

Makes a lot of sense to me too!!

... according to an expert, GT-200s have no electronic detection mechanism, and they use technology similar to a dowsing rod, which is used to find water.

Ha ha ha! Explosives are my subject, and the UK 'expert' quoted here is a personal friend. He took one of these things to pieces. It is indeed based on magic, not science: a completely empty box and some bits of wire. More suitable as Harry Potter's magic wand than as equipment for an EOD unit!

What I didn't know before today was that Thailand had bought hundreds of the things. They have been utterly ripped-off.

This would be hilarious apart from the fact that people are now dying worldwide because of it's ineffectiveness: the marketing was so good that users have sometimes relied on negative readings; then the bomb goes off.

The 'manufacturers' (several have come and gone for this and similar 'devices'), who must have been killing themselves laughing, might not have foreseen the lethal consequences. They have blood on their hands.

Best to erase this place from your memory. Thais will continue destroying what's left of their not so beautiful country anymore on their own without any help from extremists. The aristocrats will do what they do best, suck dry the land of all resources, kill what's left of the little nature that's left, and expand their wealth on the backs of the poor, who they will continue to keep down and dumb with no chance for upward mobility. After all, if the poor get smart, who is going to continue grovelling at their feet?

There will be bad press, and Thaksin's minions will continue to create a bad climate,

But these small scale bombings aimed at impression rather than actual physical terror will

knock back the recent tourist gains, and also, it would seem, make some take a step back from Prem..

or considering the targets it seems pretty much aimed at his clique.

99.99% of Thailand will be poerfectly safe for families of tourists.

As safe as going to Egypt and see the pyramids etc.

If you travel there is always increased danger,

but common sense mitigates much of that.

I am MUCH more worried about falling asleep behind the wheel than getting hit by a bomb at an ATM.

I am MUCH more worried about falling asleep behind the wheel than getting hit by a bomb at an ATM.

I think it's the folks coming the other way who need to be worried animatic mate. :)

Post 1: After the bombings in Narathiwat early Tuesday, soldiers from a special unit used the GT 200 bomb detectors and signal jammers to screen all banks in Yala municipality. Officials are patrolling the areas although there has been no report of an attack in Yala so far. (TNA)

If I had of known the Thai government was that gullible I could have sold them a batch of my "Super Automatic Primary Explosive Seekers"!

post-63954-1267528809_thumb.jpg

Only $1999 for one pair of SAPES with a full set of instructions. :)

Thailand really does want no tourists...

first mass protest and riot warnings

now bombings where you could lose your life or a limb just to get your money to spend here...

i guess an informed tourist is not looking thailand to come and spend their hollidays here

If this was a post about "tuk-tuk scams" or "bar girl scams" or some other tourist related post I could see your comment but COME ON. We are talking about bank bombings and TOURISTS are probably the last thing on the bombers minds.

I dont thnk it matters whether tourists are the target or not - it is the perception that matters. People around the world are not queing up as if Thailand is the only destination offereing the same sort of holiday. Thailand was often the destinaion of coice (a) becaues it was perceived as a peaceful country ( :) because it has nice beaches and interesting sites © because it has a different culture and identity and (d) because for most western europeans it was a financial bargain

Now it still has the beaches and the interesting sites but is rapidly losing its financial advantage (amid al this chaos how is the Baht so strong?), its culture and idenity (in common with many places) is being subsumed by globalisation and since the original coup tourists are beginning to feel it is no longer peaceful. They are even now trying to discourage the people who would have braved these issues to visit a place that was, albeit unoficially, free and tolerant of pretty much any lifestyle.

Beg to differ only 16 million tourist will visit Thailand this year...How many will visit your country?

If you'r scared stay home, :D

just send ur wife,she wont be scared ! :D

.....joke ! :)

Think how expensive it will be ,AND dangerous ! :D

And dont try to lecture thai people ,they know everything allready ! :D

And they dont give a <deleted> about nothing ! :D

Verry happy people ,no stress ! :D

Best to erase this place from your memory. Thais will continue destroying what's left of their not so beautiful country anymore on their own without any help from extremists. The aristocrats will do what they do best, suck dry the land of all resources, kill what's left of the little nature that's left, and expand their wealth on the backs of the poor, who they will continue to keep down and dumb with no chance for upward mobility. After all, if the poor get smart, who is going to continue grovelling at their feet?

I think that your government probably does the same in your country.

<deleted>? Bombed banks in an already embattled southern province and within 23 posts, we have links to Thaksin and an obscure reference to Pattaya hookers.

The Farang Book of Thai Knowledge isn't very thick is it?

Firstly i personally really do not enjoy being called a fruit, but thats just me.

Secondly "The Farang Book of Thai Knowledge" is about as thick as Thai book of Farang Knowledge and Respect.