Sky Show Tonight - Amazing Magnetic Display

serpentine

Sorry no photos, but millions must have seen it. 2 am tonight full moon by 1 day after, of what appeared to be solar activity. It was not cloud or pollution or light reflecting.

We are way out in the Gulf and the rift tranversed the whole sky for a least 15 min. It appeared to be in the stars, may have been an illusion created by some incoming object, terrestrial or not?

What did you see?

:)

This sounds interesting.......could you describe it in more detail, please ? Did it look like the Aurora Borealis ?

Wasn't any kind of aura I have seen and I am a sky watcher.

This linear light transversed the entire sky, horizon to orizon, although my own field of vision obscured the length. It seemed to be arced on a different radius to earth and it did have a kink in it at one point. It ran right next to the almost full moon by perhaps 5 degees. I know it was visable for 20 mins. And I can find no other accounts of this spectacular sky anomaly.

Although I had been drinking and am probably clinically mad, I did have the sense to ring a friend who also observed the phenominan from his home perhaps 2 km away.

Anyone here heard of HAARP?

HARP was a lager we drank in the 70's other than that no....but if it was something extra-ordinary i am sure we will read about it tomorrow?

HAARP

http://www.haarp.alaska.edu/

It was phenominal although it was the night before yesterday, 2 am the followind day of full moon. We may have witnesses a gravity wave from an exploding star, thus explaining why it was only visable for a short time.

I don't think it was HAARP although it looked eerily like something sinister. It was huge, engulfed a band across the entire night sky, runnin north south.

HARP was a lager we drank in the 70's other than that no....but if it was something extra-ordinary i am sure we will read about it tomorrow?

HAARP

http://www.haarp.alaska.edu/

It was phenominal although it was the night before yesterday, 2 am the followind day of full moon. We may have witnesses a gravity wave from an exploding star, thus explaining why it was only visable for a short time.

I don't think it was HAARP although it looked eerily like something sinister. It was huge, engulfed a band across the entire night sky, runnin north south.

Does sound amazing, shame you did not get photo's. Watched a documentary about the Sun 2 days ago. I could not help to be amazed at the influence magnetic fields verses gravity have on the Sun. All the black spots on the Sun are caused by magnetism, that's like amazing these cool areas are caused by an invisible field.

I am no-one to give a recommendation on what this could be, let us know if your research narrows it down. Why not contact HAARP via email and ask if there has been exceptional magnetic field behaviour over the last week. As with the NE blackouts in USA it may have been plasma blasts entering our atmosphere. As far as I understand plasma intering our atmosphere at the poles is a major contributor the Aurora Borealis.

Anyway, this is all above my pay scale, but a fascinating area of science.

Do you think it might have been sunlight reflected off the international space station or perhaps a geostationary satellite ?

Even at 2am, if the thing is far enough out or at the right angle to earth, sunlight will hit it......

Edited by Latindancer