90 Day Report - Another Strange One

The last time I went for a 90 day report, the Immigration officer noticed that my one year extension was up for renewal in about 6 weeks, so he gave me a report date that was the same as my extension renewal date. So I had a "90 day report date" that was effectively 45 days. :D

Then I went for my extension renewal about three weeks ago (about 3 weeks in advance of the actual expiration date). Everything was normal.

Then today I went for the 90 day report and he decides to give me a date that is 90 days from when I went for the extension renewal (about 3 weeks ago). So I get a "90 day report date" of 74 days! :D:D

Anyone understand the logic behind this? :o:D

It seems very logical to me. They are trying to get your report in sync with your normal trip for extension to save you an extra trip. You messed them up with the early renewal so they have tried to get it into sync next year.

I know: this sounds too logical. :o

It seems very logical to me.  They are trying to get your report in sync with your normal trip for extension to save you an extra trip.  You messed them up with the early renewal so they have tried to get it into sync next year.

I know: this sounds too logical. :D

I did actually think that that might be the case, but I guess they haven't taken into account the people like me who always do things as early possible. OK, so from now on I'll do my 90 day reports right on the day (or maybe just one day early :o ) and my extension renewal just one week early - so I should also be able to do the 90 day report at the same time as my extension. Phew! :D

Where was this RDN?

It is quite contrary to previous

proclamations that the 90 day reporting

"OF YOUR ADDRESS" is quite a separate

matter from Visa Extension ...

Bill

This was in the Phuket City office - Phuket Road. Has plenty of car parking spaces and they are well organised :D .

Woult it be more easy in Patong on Beach road? I'm lucky ( or sad as some may have it) bu my antsie not sit still never keeps me in any cfoutry for more that 90 days. Geting ready to explore the Viet Nam action will keep me from the reporting need!......Ting tong, yes but a nice side lite of keeping on the move!

Woult it be more easy in Patong on Beach road?  ...

No - I live in Chalong so it's a quick, flat drive on a recently widened road to Phuket City. Much better than the drive over the mountain to Patong, on a narrow, pot-holed, slippery road, with heavy lorries doing 20 kph, to be met by tuk-tuks blocking the beach road, doing U-turns in front of you, travelling at 15 kph beeping every walking farang in case he wants a ride and finally entering the immigration office to find three motocy's parked in the only car parking space.

So, I guess not :o

The last time I went for a 90 day report, the Immigration officer noticed that my one year extension was up for renewal in about 6 weeks, so he gave me a report date that was the same as my extension renewal date. So I had a "90 day report date" that was effectively 45 days. :D

Then I went for my extension renewal about three weeks ago (about 3 weeks in advance of the actual expiration date). Everything was normal.

Then today I went for the 90 day report and he decides to give me a date that is 90 days from when I went for the extension renewal (about 3 weeks ago). So I get a "90 day report date" of 74 days! :D  :D

Anyone understand the logic behind this? :o  :D

My 90 day check in was 5 days before my visa ran out. I heard that was normal seeing that 4 x 90 is 360. Why can't they make consessions in these cases. Or maybe they do,and I missed it.

Then today I went for the 90 day report and he decides to give me a date that is 90 days from when I went for the extension renewal (about 3 weeks ago). So I get a "90 day report date" of 74 days! :D  :D

My 90 day check in was 5 days before my visa ran out. I heard that was normal seeing that 4 x 90 is 360. Why can't they make consessions in these cases. Or maybe they do,and I missed it.

You have a plus/minus 7 day window for 90 day report; although not sure why you have to do a 90 day report if you are here on a visa rather than an extension of stay (unless it is O-A first year). If an extension of stay you do not have to do that on any set day AFAIK.

As I said in a different similar thread, in the past the local immigration here have not required me to do a 90 day report at the time I apply for my next extension. Apparently this has now changed (or the locals have now been informed of the rule). My next 90 day report is due on 23rd June 2005 and my visa expires on 27th June 2005. I will apply for my next extension on 24th June 2005 (Immigration is closed Sat/Sun) and, if required, complete the 90 day report then.

You have a plus/minus 7 day window for 90 day report; although not sure why you have to do a 90 day report if you are here on a visa rather than an extension of stay (unless it is O-A first year). If an extension of stay you do not have to do that on any set day AFAIK.

I'm on a marriage/business visa. Not many about,but that's what I got.

You are not on a visa, Lampshade. You are on a 'married to Dragon' extension. You would have had a period of 12 days to both apply for your next extension and to complete the 90 day report at the same time, i.e. 7 days prior to your report date and 5 days after. My opinion.

You are not on a visa, Lampshade. You are on a 'married to Dragon' extension. You would have had a period of 12 days to both apply for your next extension and to complete the 90 day report at the same time, i.e. 7 days prior to your report date and 5 days after. My opinion.

I've discussed it with the wife,and when she's done making the toast,she wants a word with you. :o

Lampard;

Was that at Cab Choeng ?

I have a whole lot of pre-signed and dated ones and the Mother-in-law drops them in when she goes to town.

He hasn't seen my passport for a while now.

Lampard;

Was that at Cab Choeng ?

He hasn't seen my passport for a while now.

Yeah,normally I let the girls know when they drop in for a steak. They're very friendly down there. Last week I went on Wednesday. There was only one girl there in civvies. She said it's a holiday and the office is closed, but she still processed my application for me. And she was only there to pick something up. Great bunch at Kap Choeng :o