Another Fine Resident

nonthaburial

Hats off to the guy for creating such a successful business.Sure many are jealous at him.

What a silly comment basjke.

Would u say the same if you were one of his victims I wonder.

He is a fraudster and a crook and deserves to be jailed

The making and selling of fake goods is a serious crime.For example look at all the fake medicines flooding the market.

I find your remark about "hats off to the guy" to be offensive.

Criminal activities are to be discouraged.

Oh come on, if you find new golf clubs for sale at 1/3 of the normal price it isn't rocket science to know it's a fake.

People are greedy. They know it's going to be a fake but they want the real thing for nothing.

The only ones who have a problem with making and selling fake goods are the fat cats who earn money doing nothing.

Edited by Phil Conners

Sentenced to 4 years and 3 months for selling fake golf clubs.

That's the worst bit.

There are terrible violent crimes committed everyday in the U.K. against old folks, children, disabled etc. and those criminals often escape without a custodial sentence.

:)

Hats off to the guy for creating such a successful business.Sure many are jealous at him.

What a silly comment basjke.

Would u say the same if you were one of his victims I wonder.

He is a fraudster and a crook and deserves to be jailed

The making and selling of fake goods is a serious crime.For example look at all the fake medicines flooding the market.

I find your remark about "hats off to the guy" to be offensive.

Criminal activities are to be discouraged.

So I may assume that you NEVER buy a copy dvd,shirt,jeans or any of the goods Thailand is flooded with.Only the real thing which cost up to 50 times more and might be of same quality.

So I may assume that you NEVER buy a copy dvd,shirt,jeans or any of the goods Thailand is flooded with.Only the real thing which cost up to 50 times more and might be of same quality.

I think anyone who purchased fake goods would still be upset if it did not work, or falls to pieces when first used, and there are many genuine bargains on Ebay for a fraction of their recommended retail price, only last I purchased via Ebay a Citizen Divers Watch for 55% of it's official list price, so somebody who saw and purchased golf clubs on Ebay could understandably believe and expect these golf clubs to be genuine, well at least be fit for purpose.

Ebay is full of "Scum" ripping people of so I have no sympathy with those ****'s being sent down, this was not a one of opportunist but an organised syndicate who were out to defraud the "Manufactures of the Genuine Brand", the purchasers, the tax-man, probably others as well.

That's the worst bit.

There are terrible violent crimes committed everyday in the U.K. against old folks, children, disabled etc. and those criminals often escape without a custodial sentence.

Any examples ?

I think 4 years plus is about right for a multi-million pound scam with thousands of victims.

Londo

Thailand's not really the right country for anyone who's a bit uptight about buying or using counterfeit goods. Living here, you can't avoid coming into contact with the stuff.

As for counterfeit goods, it may be a scam to sell low quality fakes as the real thing, but IMHO it's no less of a scam to sell the real thing at vastly inflated prices. Think "genuine" branded football shirts for example. How much do you think it costs to manufacture them in some third world sweatshop ?

That's the worst bit.

Any examples ?

I think 4 years plus is about right for a multi-million pound scam with thousands of victims.

Londo

Check out this link: Londoedan :D

Violent Offenders Released

theres a shock the real thing for 300% more are made where? China proabably from same sweat shop factory.

2 Matching results Ping G15 iron - accept paypal

Country of Origin: Made In China Product Description: Gender: Men; Club Type: Irons set; Dexterity: Right handed; Include: 3-9,PW, SW(total 9clubs); Shaft: TFC 969 or true temper steel shaft; Condition: New, sea...Keywords:golf clubs , ping G15

The laugh is that most of the time the goods are identical.

Once upon a time quality goods lets use Prada handbags as an example were hand made in Prada's factory in Italy.

They were made by time severed artisans and they cost say $1,000 to make but that was OK as they sold for $2,000+.

Then about 10 years ago some bright spark decided they could be made at similar quality in China for $100. Accordingly the Italian factories were shut down and the the next generation of artisans not trained.

Meanwhile the Chinese set up two factories the one you see that sells products to you and the one you don't which sells on to the fake markets.

The companies concerned know this is happening but its all too late. They have burned their bridges with their own production facilities and ANY criticism of the Chinese is dealt with harshly. Basically the Chinese have got them by the short and curlies.

I was at the big anti-counterfeiting conference in Hong Kong last year. All the big names were there and they were all towing the party line that buying fakes funds the drug trade (nonsense) and that the fakers are violent criminal gangs (nonsense they know who they are). One journalist piped up and asked a question about Chinese fakes being made by their own suppliers and there was a big embarrassed silence until he was thrown out.

Love the fakes...

Guy here in Saudi has a load of Chinese fake golf clubs says theyre identical in size weight and materials used, could have got half a set or a full set not sure which for 100USD along with the bag, looks like there has just been a place in the market opened.

That's the worst bit.

Any examples ?

Londo

Hmmmm burglars and muggers, whilst reprehensible, are hardly 'violent, terrible crimes', plus the Daily Maily is hardly an unbiased news source. IMHO the UK justice system may not be perfect, however it gets things right in the vast majority of cases.

The laugh is that most of the time the goods are identical.

Once upon a time quality goods lets use Prada handbags as an example were hand made in Prada's factory in Italy.

They were made by time severed artisans and they cost say $1,000 to make but that was OK as they sold for $2,000+.

Then about 10 years ago some bright spark decided they could be made at similar quality in China for $100. Accordingly the Italian factories were shut down and the the next generation of artisans not trained.

Meanwhile the Chinese set up two factories the one you see that sells products to you and the one you don't which sells on to the fake markets.

The companies concerned know this is happening but its all too late. They have burned their bridges with their own production facilities and ANY criticism of the Chinese is dealt with harshly. Basically the Chinese have got them by the short and curlies.

I was at the big anti-counterfeiting conference in Hong Kong last year. All the big names were there and they were all towing the party line that buying fakes funds the drug trade (nonsense) and that the fakers are violent criminal gangs (nonsense they know who they are). One journalist piped up and asked a question about Chinese fakes being made by their own suppliers and there was a big embarrassed silence until he was thrown out.

Love the fakes...

Will check this out with my chinese/thai wife,unless she is a fake too

as some of the above posts mention, if he was selling fake goods and the real retail price, then yes its a Con, but if he is selling them at 1/3 off, you would have to be stupid to think they are real !!!, its like going along Sukhumvit, buying a $5 dollar Lacoste polo shirt and then kicking off thats its not real !

i buy a lot of fake goods, as half the time they are as good as the original, you are just not paying the price.

Selling fake golf clubs on Ebay is hardly fraud and with reported prices less than 1/3 of original clubs buyers should know they were not original. Sensationalism.
Mmmm better take mine back to the Outback bar.

That's the worst bit.

Any examples ?

Londo

Hmmmm burglars and muggers, whilst reprehensible, are hardly 'violent, terrible crimes', plus the Daily Maily is hardly an unbiased news source. IMHO the UK justice system may not be perfect, however it gets things right in the vast majority of cases.

Erm, in what way is mugging a non-violent crime? I think you'll find burglary and mugging are considered extremely serious crimes. And as someone who worked for a decade within the UK "justice" system, let me assure you our approach to law and order is risible.

It is a very sobering day when a chap wakes up and realises odious rags like the Mail may actually have a point. UK justice stinks because of the insipid, pervading dogma of the chatterati.

That's the worst bit.

They could arrest 1/3 of the Chinese population for selling fake goods. What's the deal? Not worth a big story. Demand and offer.

I suppose that everybody is aware that the mark up on golf clubs is 100%?

A fellow member at my UK golf club told me that he had just purchased a set of Ping irons for GBP 1K - some 15 years ago. I asked him why he had bought them and he said he wanted to improve his handicap. Answering my inquiry he answered 28. I suggested that he would have been better served by investing in a course of lessons from the club professional. Made me wonder how he managed to acquire that much money in the first place.