Leading Thai Movie Star Arrested For Drugs

webfact

Channel 7 actor tested positive to drug use

BANGKOK: -- A Channel 7 leading actor was arrested early Friday for having crystal amphetamine in possession and tested positive to the drug use later in the day.

Kornsake Kronin, 25, was seen with tears in his eyes once he learnt the result of the urination test at the Bang Khen Police station at 12:45 pm.

He was arrested inside a room of Palm Sweet Condo in Bang Khen district at 3 pm.

Acting on tip-off that a group of teenagers was having a drug party, police raided the room and found Kornsake, better know as Andrew, inside the room alone.

Police searched the room and found a small bag of the drug.

He was taken to the Bang Khen police station but when police saw an army of reporter waiting there, the actor was taken away immediately.

Kornsake later surrendered at the police station at 11 am and denied that he had used the drug.

He said the drug belonged to his friends and he went to stay at the room while his room was under renovation.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2010-03-05

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

"Acting on tip-off that a group of teenagers was having a drug party, police raided the room and found Kornsake, better know as Andrew, inside the room alone."

He must of been having a pretty good time with himself if he was mistaken for a group of teenagers :)

Wow big crime doing some drugs.. come on the guy did not harm anyone to pay for his habit.

But ok this is Thailand and drugs are bad.

Well if hes a TV Star he could be seen as some kind of Role Model for the more impressionable masses - and its not like he was toking on a Joint or something, hes doing a serious class-A Drug (where i come from)

Prosecute according to the law, if the press coverage is enough to make at least one teenager NOT start taking drugs - its worth while.

Wow big crime doing some drugs.. come on the guy did not harm anyone to pay for his habit.

Yeah this isn't America where it will help his career. A community service order from the court so there's a photo op of picking up litter or helping the homeless and quick vacation in rehab then endlessly selling tear jerking stories to the press and tour of chat shows, all guaranteed to raise your profile.

Here in Thailand he's likely to go to jail, and spend quite a bit of time there

Eejot, everywhere illegal 'drugs are bad'! Not just here!! Prat.

I just believe people are free to take drugs (talking recreational use here). Where i am from weed is legal and taking xtc you wont get prosecuted if you have a lil bit of the stuff.

Anyway i don't take drugs here.. im just a liberal and see that people who don't harm others while taking drugs should be left alone if recreational use.

This is just my view of it, however if your killing stealing..ect to maintain a habit its a totally different ball game.

Its not like Thaivisa users are such angels look at how many do drunk driving.. i think that as a lot more dangerous then taking some drugs in your room.

So this supposedly famous guy was found alone in a room where other people thought they had heard a group of teenagers having a party and his lawyer has advised him to defend himself by claiming that the drugs ended up in his urine sample via a dodgy sofa and some invisible friends.

So who really took the drugs? The actor, his friends, a sofa dressed up as an invisible friend or the reporter?

Great story!

I just believe people are free to take drugs (talking recreational use here). Where i am from weed is legal and taking xtc you wont get prosecuted if you have a lil bit of the stuff.

Yes and take a close look as to in what a mess your country is yet.I thought I read somewhere that they would try to tighten it up again as they see it runs out of hand.

He's been "on the pipe" so I guess he would look a bit out of it :)

What will happen to him? Fine? Jail?

RAZZ

Hi,

They don't say what will happen to him in the article.

The actor just says that the drugs weren't his and there's also an impassioned piece from his mum saying he's not a drug user, and is a good son.

Edited by katana

Hope he enjoys he 20+ years in BKK Hilton or is there dual punishment one for rich and famous and then for Mr average. He is a druggie and no room for him on earth.

Yes agree. I have delt with more than my far share of these idiots and seen the destruction they cause.

Yes and take a close look as to in what a mess your country is yet.I thought I read somewhere that they would try to tighten it up again as they see it runs out of hand.

.... then Switzerland is about our liberal drog laws also in a mess? :)

Strong drog laws may kill ...... !? http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/journal...phome/home.html

Edited by Somrak

Sounds as though someone had some sort of score to settle with him.

Report a teenage drug party, guaranteed to get the Police to his room pretty smartish.

Someone obviously set him up good. Tip called in was bullshit as he was alone and 25 (not a pack of teens), they just wanted to make sure the cops hurried over there to catch the guy. Then when he gets to the police station shortly after there is already an "army" of reporters? They were tipped off way too fast. Whole thing was set up to burn this guy.... maybe another actor or jilted ex girlfriend.

Sounds as though someone had some sort of score to settle with him.

Report a teenage drug party, guaranteed to get the Police to his room pretty smartish.

Or sounds like someone went to the press with the story

and the reporter said, it's a bigger story if we drop a dime on him.

Either way a disgruntled or scared. 'friend' in his entourage is likely.

If he was smoking a spliff this wouldn't have been news,

but speed is another matter entirely. He was on the downward spiral for sure,

if this was nipped in the bud, and his being made a very public example of stops

a few kids from going the same route, then good.

You liberals should take a closer look at the crime reports. I'd guess that 3 out of four thieves that are caught reported that they were stealing in order to support their drug habit. Not hurting anyone? Thailand needs another big drug dealer purge.

You liberals should take a closer look at the crime reports. I'd guess that 3 out of four thieves that are caught reported that they were stealing in order to support their drug habit. Not hurting anyone? Thailand needs another big drug dealer purge.

And with that comment you are willing to become judge, jury, and executioner based on a 'guess'. Shame.

Edited by way2muchcoffee

Anyway i don't take drugs here.. im just a liberal and see that people who don't harm others while taking drugs should be left alone if recreational use.

This is just my view of it, however if your killing stealing..ect to maintain a habit its a totally different ball game.

Its not like Thaivisa users are such angels look at how many do drunk driving.. i think that as a lot more dangerous then taking some drugs in your room.

What you do in private is up to you, but when:

- There's the possibility that you (movie star) influence impressionable teenagers to think that drugs are 'cool', etc, or

- If anybody drives while until the influence of drugs or alcohol, and hits my car and injures my kids,

then i'll demand jail forever.

And just for the record, I don't drive when i'm drunk.