Powerhouse Gym

sabaijai

Yes very nice good equipment Go check it out the first workout is Free. If i recall its a bit expensive on a monthly basis.

Its better cardio equipment than fitness Thatiland

Only a short time ago the only game in town was the Orchid hotel and what a dump that place is!!

There will be a few more opening soon of the same caliber as Powerhouse/Fitness

Good Luck!

Yeah, they've got some good equipment and it's a new and spacious building. Price is the drawback which includes an administration fee. Also has saunas in the changing rooms, and the sound system is pretty good.

No, it was cheaper than 15k.  I think it was about 5000 for the year or you could buy a lifetime membership.  I think the lifetime was about 8000 plus a monthly fee of about 800 (guarenteed never to change).

Hillside is about 8k and it's crap. They wouldn't make anything on only charging 5k. 800 per month is 9,600 plus the admin etc. I think if you pay per month, 15k would be more realistic. When I enquired just before it opened, the guy there mentioned 12k plus, and there were other charges on top. Aren't you sure what you paid?

• 1 month later...
Platinum Fitness on the Mae Rim road opposite Lana Golf Course is better!

:o

Better? Wow, Platinum has just opened, pilfered staff from Fitness Thailand, sauna a good trek from the changing rooms, walk through reception to reach the gym, narrow and cluttered gym, crowded when I went (admittedly only once). better how?

I go to FT as I figured it was the best of a bad lot. I'm not particularly happy with it - music from the classes is constant and annoying, locker room, is uncomfortable, sauna a joke, carpet will soon deteriorate - but, as I said best of a bad lot. Platinum a gamble as it's new, Powerhouse out of my budget range, Hillside a dump.

Confusing response to say the least!

Pilfered staff from FT....so what? Obviously had more to offer either in cash or benefits. It happens everywhere, everday.

Sauna a good trek from the changing rooms....WRONG....there are two changing rooms...one is just outside the sauna door....but heaven forbid you should have to trek in a FITNESS CENTER!

Walk through reception to reach the gym.....I don't get that one at all so I can't respond.

Narrow and cluttered gym....never seems that way to me. Cluttered with what? I go every night between 7 and 7:30 and I am usually one of less than 10. The sauna is beautiful and seats 30 with a cold plunge pool. The outdoor pool and jacuzzi are beautiful and sparkling clean. They offer yoga, massage, pilates, aerobics, water aerobics, cycling classes and more. Very Professional staff....a cafe, barber shop, full time nurse, snooker, ping pong and foosball.

Most important....good equipment and good trainers. Better.....YUP!

I bought the most expensive membership because I work and I can't go until evening. I paid 12,000 per year. They offer memberships for people over 50 and also memberships valid only between 7 am and 4 pm. A friend paid 6,000 per year for limited membership. They also offer daily and month to month.

:o

Fair enough, just throwing some observations your way. Hadn't realised you loved the place so much. Good for you.

I just felt Platinum seemed a bit of a hotchpotch, that's all. Now I understand it is the ultimate.

Check out the Duangtawan I work out there regularly. I paid around 12k for the wife and myself for a year. Its not powerhouse but it has everything you need and a great pool with always nice scenery as your working out!!!

• 4 weeks later...

I just joined Powerhouse this week. Great equipment, very well designed. Good staff. Great workout view of Doi Suthep. Wish they had a pool.

Expensive: Monthly plan is 3000 first month and 2000 after that. Monthly costs are lower for other plans with larger up-front fees.

I don't know about the evangelical connection, but this is a larger American corp with a 40+ location presence in China. This location is their first in Thailnd.

Thats around 75 US dollars a month and then 50 dollars

Wow ! what a deal!!

They should have a pool and a free buffet and get your car washed and your laundry done all while you workout included in for those fees!!

Gyms in The US arent that expensive!!

No wonder there are only 100 or so members

I wonder what Thai's pay?

I just joined Powerhouse this week. Great equipment, very well designed. Good staff. Great workout view of Doi Suthep. Wish they had a pool.

Expensive: Monthly plan is 3000 first month and 2000 after that. Monthly costs are lower for other plans with larger up-front fees.

I don't know about the evangelical connection, but this is a larger American corp with a 40+ location presence in China. This location is their first in Thailnd.

• 1 year later...
bump for some current info... anyone?

any elaboration on where to find this place too?

It's just west of Neimanheiman, maybe Soui 8 or 10. There are plenty of signs.

I tried Powerhouse on a one day free pass. I wasn't impressed at all.

Check out the Duangtawan I work out there regularly. I paid around 12k for the wife and myself for a year. Its not powerhouse but it has everything you need and a great pool with always nice scenery as your working out!!!

Does Duangtawan have good free weights and weight machines? Is there normally queues for them?

Does Duangtawan have good free weights and weight machines? Is there normally queues for them?

Been a lazy bugger I haven't been for a while but there were never queues for any of the eqipment when I was using it regularly and the pool is excellent