Singapore Hotels

willyumcr

Hotel 81 on the east coast. 115 minute drive into the city and 15 minute drive to the airport

cheers

I wouldn't fancy a two hour drive each time I go to town.

A Singaporean friend of mine recently recommended me the Value Hotels

http://www.valuehotel.com.sg/

They have three in different locations. I've not stayed here myself so cannot recommend from a personal visit, but if recommended by a local it must be worth looking at.

Best to say what you want to spend in US dollars or baht. Anything under 60 US dollars generally means a tiny closet sized room in the red light district of Geylang or a hostel. The pricing structure is much higher than Bangkok. If you are willing to spend over 100 USD then you can start to get something decent, 150 even better.

Edited by Jingthing

i always stay at the Hotel Phoenix on Orchard Road, right in the heart of the city.

TimeKeeper! always doesnt mean tomorrow or even today.Your Phoenix is no more - demolished,there is no trace of it.You will find BIG place called OrchardCentral instead.

But! nearby - around the corner on LLoydsRd there are two charming places:LloydsInn and ShahVilla;I recommend both,but LloydsInn is more homely,not expensive at all,considering

location(120S$).If you are after something better - ParkView HolidayInn is available 5 mins. walk away with very nice roof pool.YMCA on 1 OrchardRd have roof pool as well,for less then 200S$,you can stay in very good dorm there,for much less(40S$).The best and not expensive hotel with pool is called "VIP" in the vicinity of NewtonCircus.(100S$?).

Geylang is not bad nowadays - anti-vice crackdown is going on,girls are not visible,hotels are empty and you are all welcome.Plenty of good restaurants and good public transport.