Revocation Of Janot Land Title

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I "word problems" in school. Whether the problem was related to English or math, the student needed to sift through all of the provided information, and decide what was needed to properly solve the problem. I've read through the OP's explanations several times, and then...an epiphany. In this entire scenario of ownership-switcharoo, title diversion, and smoke and mirrors...he's the only non-blood relative involved and, surprise, he's left holding an empty wallet.

Ahh I can help here there is an expression that sums this up "Blood is thicker than Water"

I "word problems" in school. Whether the problem was related to English or math, the student needed to sift through all of the provided information, and decide what was needed to properly solve the problem. I've read through the OP's explanations several times, and then...an epiphany. In this entire scenario of ownership-switcharoo, title diversion, and smoke and mirrors...he's the only non-blood relative involved and, surprise, he's left holding an empty wallet.

Not really - my four kids are the grand-children of the old lady... :)

<br />If your wife died without a will you are her heir if you were married to her. The parents are not statuatory heirs.<br />When her father died if he did not have a will your grandchildren had a claim equal to the claim of your wife.<br />I cannot understand your mentions of farang having no rights.<br /><br />I would scare her to death by getting a lawyer to claim on the grandfathers estate on behalf of the grandchildren....after all it is by law their inheritance.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

If find this a good hint.... in fact - my children did receive no inheritance from grandfather's death . . . the family blocked it... first we did not care.... but having second thoughts.... how much would be their share according to Thai law??

Start reading on page 34 here,

http://www.thailawonline.com/images/thaici...l%20code%20.pdf

Good luck.

Thanks a lot.... :)

Ahh I can help here there is an expression that sums this up "Blood is thicker than Water"

Yeah - that's the Thai proverb... in our case: Money Talks.... :) . . . . there maybe more into it...(Rom 8.28) :D

get a new thai wife, one with a lot of brothers...

Done :D It takes some efforts to restrain them... :)

I still say you should fight this in order to try and keep the land that you paid for, but the above may have a lot to do with why the Grandma is being so difficult...

If you have a "new girl", she is sure to be unhappy about some other women living on her daughter's / husband's land. She also may be getting pressure from other family members (or feeling herself) to find a way to keep the land "in the family". Since their daughter has passed away and you have a new GF, you are no longer "In the Family". I am not saying that this is a correct attitude for her to have, but it is likely the root cause of her bad attitude.

I think it is reasonable for the party still living to find a new partner at some point and they should not be forced to live alone for the rest of their life, but not all people feel the same way. In many cases, especially family members of the deceased party.

If this is the case, she is bound to be completely"emotional" about this issue and I do not think "reason" will ever enter into the process.

Edited by CWMcMurray

It's been an interesting read, though sometimes difficult to follow.

I think I've grasped it and it looks as though there may be hope.

Along the way, there has been mention of selling or bulldozing the bungalows built on the land.

Is not the ownership of the bungalows also an issue?

It may be different up country, but down here, there would have been a planning application, which can only be made by the owner (grandfather in this case) who then becomes the owner of the bungalows. They could then be sold, or in this case inherited, regardless of the land ownership issues?

In other words, my Q to the experts is as to whether there is a backstop compromise whereby the land title does pass to the grandmother but the bungalows and the right to use them, pass to the grandchildren.

Just a line of thought that entered my head, but in any case I don't think you can assume that the OP has the right to bulldoze them.

Hi - I had a good talk with the old lady . . . took a humble position - begged for mercy . . . :) Thai style...

now 2 weeks past and no news.... don't think she is going to court....

My kids went to court and asked for information on our case... it seems we have a good chance, since our sales contract mentions that the chanot shall be transfered to my kids if the time comes up.... court says that is probably enough... in any case.. she must fight against her grand children...it does not paint her in a good light... anyway we are preparing - and we have some surprises up our sleeves as well...

Someone recommended the book "Your Investment Guide To Thailand" - I bought this book from silkworm.com - - - I am still reading.. GOOD BOOK

99% Thailand is a great place to live... :D

Can you explain exactly why the contract was illegal? (Must have gone over my head.)

Because the Chanot was stamped "cannot be sold" - but we bought it....

She admits that the court will ask her to repay the money....(and she is willing - just to get us out of here)

My kids and I want to keep the land...

I am looking for a similar case... I would like to know how courts decided in the past....

If you do a deal with her, make sure you get the cash in hand at the time of the transaction. Not the next day, not deferred. If she can cheat you in one way, she'll have no qualms about cheating you another way. People can justify anything. I say; call her bluff. Get a good lawyer and tell her you're in it for the long haul.

Back-up plan, arrange to move the improvements and get the payment from her, but make sure money's in your hand when you hand over the pseudo chanod.

BTW, though farang cannot own property in Thailand, farang can own improvements. In other words, all infrastructure and all buildings which you pay to have built are YOURS - legally. I was told this by a Thai realtor who speaks perfect English - who is also a local politician in my town.

Edited by brahmburgers