The Book Of What, Where And How In Chiang Mai

rebo

Today I can't imagine how I could have survived my first years in CNX (1993 ...) without this book. Just now I found a fully revised 2010 version, available at GECKO's (1 copy remaining). Heard that normally D.K. book shop also has it (Map department, but unfortunately out of stock yesterday).

A must for every CNX freshy! And also old hands will find latest information about anything what may be in need. Similar to Yellow Pages but much much more detailed, and much more CNX info (E.g. flight-/train schedules, weather statistics, docs needed for immigration a.s.o.). The map: Beats by far even GARMIN's v.10.0 or ThinkNet's latest version of Thailand --- Never saw anything more precise. Every mentioned shop has its reference in the map and a little comment.

200 THB --- Can't be invested better!

This is not an advertisement at all. I'm simply a captured fan of the great work the author made. I'm sure - You'll love it, too.

:D This book is a tremendous resource of information. What further amazed me is how it could be offered for only 200 baht.

Makes one question how/why other books have to cost two or three times that amount? :)

I bought a copy of this book, way back in the early 90s. Cost than was 90 baht.

At the time it was a God sent, don`t know how I would have survived in Chiang Mai without it.

But these days with so much information available on the Internet, I just Google in my enquiry and it`s there. Details and Thai law are constantly being updated, so I prefer to take advantage and make use of the Internet in this day and age.

The Thai Board of Trade web site gives a wealth of information and of course so does good old Thai Visa.

Edited by BigWheelMan

Thank you for all the positive comments on the Book of What. It was quite a lot of effort and to know that the readers find the book useful makes the journey worth the time spent.

I have a list of locations selling the book on my website thebookofwhat.info, however Gecko books is easy to find and is sure to have a large supply on hand.

Thank you for all the positive comments on the Book of What. It was quite a lot of effort and to know that the readers find the book useful makes the journey worth the time spent.

I have a list of locations selling the book on my website thebookofwhat.info, however Gecko books is easy to find and is sure to have a large supply on hand.

Hi - yes I got mine at Gecko - thanks for the effort and very worthwhile!

• 3 weeks later...

I just had a look at the book's website (thebookofwhat.info) and now you can see before you buy what you can expect, especially a sample of its unique map work but also how the other chapters look.

Now its even possible to add your own information / business for further editions.

Forget the yellow pages --- Look in the blue ones ...!

Edited by rebo

Hi BOW, my friend and i bought a couple of your books from the fabulous June (im sure you know who i mean :))..my friends book is fine, but mine has a few pages missing and some index pages in the wrong order. Looks like just a one-off misprint. Can it be exchanged someplace, or?

Thanks!

..and it IS a great book! If it wasnt so resourceful (as in, i use it) then i likely wouldnt have noticed the problem.

• 2 months later...