Seh Daeng In Chomtong Today

earlofwindermere

My staff just returned from Chomtong. Apparently Seh Daeng was in Chomtong today recruiting people to head to Bangkok this weekend. He told the people that if Thaksin is Prime Minister again, he promises that everyone will get a 150,000 baht loan from the government. I'm sure that this would be incentive enough for many people to make the trip.

Qualitication: This information is verified by my staff only. I trust them but I would understand if others choose not to.

Edited by earlofwindermere

did your own staff not explain further that....

the loan is interest free.... and....

the repayment is.... a life time loan,

furthermore, everyone in the family is entitled....

it is truly a super deal for all the northeast and northeasterners....

farangs and bangkokians.... need not apply.... the boss said so.... :)

and according to thai news channel this early morning around 5 am....

many village heads were told to try to bring as many of their villagers to bkk....

and if the funds is not there yet, they should pay their own way and keep all the receipts....

and just as soon as the govt is removed and replaced, each villager would be repaid in full plus incentives....

many poor villagers would believe with all their hearts and their souls.... just because.... poo-yai-baarn promised them that....

Edited by nakachalet

did your own staff not explain further that....

the loan is interest free.... and....

the repayment is.... a life time loan,

furthermore, everyone in the family is entitled....

it is truly a super deal for all the northeast and northeasterners....

farangs and bangkokians.... need not apply.... the boss said so.... :)

....however if you do not repay the loan......... the lifetime may be considerably shorter

Hello Nakachalet

I guess that I've worked in the rural areas too long. I had assumed that most people would know most of the points that you made.

It astounds me on how much money poor rural farmers can borrow from government programs. Every few years, there is a debt forgiveness or moratorium program. It's no wonder that debt is a major problem with many Thais. (Gonzo - I'd agree with you if the money came from the moneylenders or "helmet men" as they're called around here. Two helmet men with thick jackets ride on one motorbike. They are the collectors and scare people because they never take their helmets off so you never know who they are).

In any case, it disturbs me that financial services and programs are used for political gain. Both sides are guilty of this. Short-term gains have shown to cause long-term problems for the same people.