Teacher Living With 12 Year Old Boy -

bambob

Private school teacher living with Thai boy makes plea deal

5/18/2005 11:25 AM

By: Associated Press

(KNOXVILLE, Tenn.) - In a plea deal with prosecutors, a former North Carolina private school teacher caught living with a boy in Thailand avoided trial and will be sentenced under a section of federal law involving statutory rape.

Gregory Alec Phillips, a former Tennessee resident, pleaded guilty Tuesday in US District Court to "engaging in illicit sexual conduct in foreign places."

Phillips is scheduled to be sentenced September 12th.

He admitted that he began an affair with a 12-year-old Thai boy who moved into Phillips' home in Bangkok. The relationship ended in October 2004 when Thai Royal Police raided Phillips' home.

Phillips moved to Charlotte in 1997 for a teaching job. A year later, he was convicted of an indecent act involving a minor and placed on probation for three years.

When his probationary term expired in 2001, Phillips moved to Thailand and took a series of jobs teaching at private schools

Private school teacher living with Thai boy makes plea deal

The Associated Press

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. -- In a plea deal with prosecutors, a former North Carolina private school teacher caught living with a boy in Thailand avoided trial and will be sentenced under a section of federal law involving statutory rape.

Gregory Alec Phillips, 35, formerly of Knoxville, pleaded guilty Tuesday in U.S. District Court to "engaging in illicit sexual conduct in foreign places."

Phillips is scheduled to be sentenced Sept. 12, The Knoxville News Sentinel reported.

Phillips admitted that after moving to Thailand to teach at a private school, he began an affair with a 12-year-old Thai boy who moved into Phillips' home in Bangkok. The relationship began in May 2004 and ended in October when Thai Royal Police raided Phillips' home, according to prior court testimony.

The raid was part of a joint venture with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, assistant U.S. Attorneys Charles Atchley and Will Mackie have said in prior court hearings.

Phillips lived in Knoxville until 1997 when he moved to Charlotte, N.C., to take a teaching job. A year later, he was convicted of an indecent act involving a minor and placed on probation for three years.

When his probationary term expired in 2001, Phillips moved to Thailand and took a series of jobs teaching at private schools.

After the raid last year, Phillips went on the run through several Asian countries before coming back to the U.S. and taking up residence with a doctor in Athens, Tenn. He was caught in Athens late last year on the federal indictment.

---

Otherwise who would TV's large collection of fat white plonkers be able look down on?

What an astute observation. :o

Have you ever been called a TROLL K.Boris?

Yes quite often though I think unfairly.I do try and point out unpopular truths, or what the "pack" sometimes least want to hear.

Otherwise who would TV's large collection of fat white plonkers be able look down on?

What an astute observation. :o

Have you ever been called a TROLL K.Boris?

Yes quite often though I think unfairly.I do try and point out unpopular truths, or what the "pack" sometimes least want to hear.

Just like what you seem to be doing here? :D

Your posts are just like Lampards old fob watch... a wind-up machine. :D

He plead guilty to "engaging in illicit sexual conduct in foreign places." Which, I guess is what he did. What was the "plea deal"?

Also, I agree with Boris. Every topic about a pedophile gets a long list of comments about castration etc. You guys(and gals) who make these comments, I have something to tell you. Pedophiles molest children every day....yes every single day....so I think we should have Pedophile Of The Day Forum and every day you can post the same stuff there. Perhaps some of you were molested by pedophiles in your youth and mention of this subject brings back bad memories and posting these things helps you to ease the pain...if so then I'm glad that you have some outlet...but I would suggest that you seek professional counciling to help you to come to grips with this evil and excoriate the demon.

Spelling Chownah ?

C - h - o - w - n - :D Oh, I see what you mean...

excoriate \ek-SKOR-ee-ayt\, transitive verb:

1. To express strong disapproval of; to denounce.

2. To tear or wear off the skin of.

:o

Spelling is always a problem for me. Where did I miss? I think my use of excoriate was not exactly correct but sort of what I meant. I thought it was more like exorcise.

On a side note, since this guy had a previous record in the States, even though it would make things personally more inconvenient, especially with the idiotic way the government here handles work permits and all, but I *really* think this shows that one simple background check for felonies could screen out a lot of rubbish from Thailand, of this type as well as others. Then again, I'd be happy to suggest the same for all *tourist* visas, nevermind us working types.

"Steven"

Spelling is always a problem for me.  Where did I miss?  I think my use of excoriate was not exactly correct but sort of what I meant.  I thought it was more like exorcise.

There is another mistake in this sentence.....

but I would suggest that you seek professional counciling to help you to come to grips with this evil and excoriate the demon.

Counciling should be spelled counselling. Council is the spelling that refers to a "city council" or similar debate / management association.

Kinda tickled me when I read it... can imagine the pervert sitting in a council meeting while everyone "councils" him.

But - what the h*ll.... my spelling / typing isn't perfect either! :o

By using this service you agree;

1) You will not use thaivisa.com to post any material which is knowingly or can be reasonably construed as false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy , or otherwise in violation of any law.

A few posts deleted under the above rule.

Keep it civil, people!

Volunteers with knives form an orderly queue  :o

Its useful that these perves exist.Otherwise who would TV's large collection of fat white plonkers be able look down on?

sounds like the devils advocate with a hidden agenda .

these slimeballs teachers need exposing ,publicly humiliating, and locking up for good.

no doubt there are 100s more of these pervs operating right now in BKK .neighbours should snitch them up to the police .

I wonder if by deporting him for trial they limit possible civil action by the child or his family. Of course it's quite probable that the family 'sold' him into his current situation. Certainly they would notice their son living outside their home but I ask more out of concern for the child. You'd think there would be monetary demands during the course of his recovery that could be met with a civil action.

I wonder if by deporting him for trial they limit possible civil action by the child or his family. Of course it's quite probable that the family 'sold' him into his current situation. Certainly they would notice their son living outside their home but I ask more out of concern for the child. You'd think there would be monetary demands during the course of his recovery that could be met with a civil action.

Two or three years ago there was a report in one of the papers about a pair of paedophiles who had a couple of Thai boys living with them. The mother acquiesced in this arrangement, because at least the boys were getting fed and educated.

Yes, we are horrified by the sexual exploitation of children. What can we do to stop it? One way is to support the various charities that are working in places like Klong Toey to prevent it happening at source.

And, if you are a Thai citizen, search your heart about a society where women can be left destitute, with children, with some taking the horrible option of selling the kids, or putting them into moral danger, because they think that is better than having them starve, or beg on the streets.

Here's a story about a convicted pedophile which I copied from the web. Do you think after her conviction she should have been castrated, mutilated, tortured, put to death?

SEATTLE - Mary Kay Letourneau and her former sixth-grade pupil — the father of her two youngest children — will be married Friday night, "Entertainment Tonight" and "The Insider" reported Thursday.

Tents were being set up Thursday afternoon for the ceremony in a secluded spot in King County, according to the television programs, which obtained exclusive rights to cover the event.

A rehearsal dinner for bridesmaids, groomsmen and relatives was planned Thursday.

Letourneau, now 43, served 7 1/2 years in prison after she was convicted of raping Vili Fualaau, now 22. She was released last August.

The couple first met when he was in second grade. Their relationship became sexual when he was 12 and she was a 34-year-old married mother of four teaching at his elementary school.

Edited by chownah

Here's a story about a convicted pedophile which I copied from the web.  Do you think after her conviction she should have been castrated, mutilated, tortured, put to death?

SEATTLE - Mary Kay Letourneau and her former sixth-grade pupil — the father of her two youngest children — will be married Friday night, "Entertainment Tonight" and "The Insider" reported Thursday.

Tents were being set up Thursday afternoon for the ceremony in a secluded spot in King County, according to the television programs, which obtained exclusive rights to cover the event.

A rehearsal dinner for bridesmaids, groomsmen and relatives was planned Thursday.

Letourneau, now 43, served 7 1/2 years in prison after she was convicted of raping Vili Fualaau, now 22. She was released last August.

The couple first met when he was in second grade. Their relationship became sexual when he was 12 and she was a 34-year-old married mother of four teaching at his elementary school.

Isn't it amazing how things change when it's the other way around. Then again I suppose all the church going, do no wrong, torch carrying village folk on here will still want to storm the castle and burn her alive. :o