Bangkok And The Reds

nonthaburial

With the news that Bangkok could be/may be/will be visited by a largish number of highly educated people who are potential bull fighters this weekend, it kind of screws a lot of people up, for example I need to go from Chaeng Wattana to Swampy early friday and then down to Pattaya for a meeting before returning to BKK later in the afternoon - all the time wondering will the Expressways to the Chonburi Highway be open/ closed etc or will there be a large number of chappies sipping tea in red deck chairs in the middle of the road around the next corner

I am sure many other people in BKK OR travelling through BKK will also be wandering whats going on.

With this in mind, can we ask tv members to post updates of the situation as they encounter them it would be most helpful

You can expect traffic jams and the inner city should be avoided as much as possible. If the situation warrents it, I'm sure we will open a thread where people can post traffic updates, with no political discussion allowed. Only traffic updates, with political discussion in other threads. Just like we have done in the past.

Not sure about other areas of Bangkok. But various Thai forums have pointed to UDD supporters converging on the Laksi area (Chaengwattana/Vipavadi intersection), which is not too far from the military base (11th infantry) on the inbound side of Phaholyothin Road. I understand this is where the government's 'war room' is being set up. Could lead to traffic problems on Phaholyothin Road in Bang Khen and Jatujak areas.

Not sure about other areas of Bangkok. But various Thai forums have pointed to UDD supporters converging on the Laksi area (Chaengwattana/Vipavadi intersection), which is not too far from the military base (11th infantry) on the inbound side of Phaholyothin Road. I understand this is where the government's 'war room' is being set up. Could lead to traffic problems on Phaholyothin Road in Bang Khen and Jatujak areas.

I have just heard something similar on one of the Thai TV channels. If the Gov had any sense it would make the tollways free on that day so as to alleviate possible traffic problems. I for one will have to drive to work on Fri and live in Don Muang, and that road that goes past the Grand Miracle will be closed.

I think Chaeng Wattana to Swampy friday morning may be ok. But I would take the elevated expressway and stay off Vibhavadi as much as possiable. From the map in this mornings Nation, the rally point at Thung Song Hong Police station has been moved to Laski Monumnent.

After getting out that area and past the Ding Daeng area, you should have no problems.

TH

One off-topic post and a reply have been deleted. Please stay on-topic.

There are people who need to travel around BKK for work. Please post information here.

There are numerous threads to speculate on "What if Thaksin...."