A Sick Mate

egg

When people make the decision to retire in Thailand why don't they accept the fact that they are going to grow old , get sick, and eventually die here ?

Why all the talk of running back to the home country

because the health care is better, more honest and cheaper, if its the UK

Try Queen Sirikit Hospital in Satahip

Good quality and low cost. Take and show money, and he will get a more seasoned doctor, good care, and also good food and a good room.

I got bad food, a old room with AC not working, angry nurses who called me a Pattaya bum (I don’t live in Pattaya or even close to Pattaya) and young intern type doctors. I paid 2000 baht per day for the room and food that I didn’t eat and some minor medical care. Maybe Sirikit used to be good but I have heard many of the good doctors left. I got a rash on my back from the bed and no one there knew what it was. I had to go to another hospital to have it cured.

I would be interested to know if your experience is recent and if you actually stayed in the hospital for more than a couple of days?

I have been told that If I return to UK because I am sick with eart and lung problems my wife would nort be able to go with me. That is the British Goivernment for you caring for OAP who served their country and paid contributions for fifty years. May God curse them

i do feel sorry for you, and if you have paid NI insurance for all your working life you should get all the health care you need, also agree your wife should be able to accompany you as long as you can provide for her.

When people make the decision to retire in Thailand why don't they accept the fact that they are going to grow old , get sick, and eventually die here ?

Why all the talk of running back to the home country

because the health care is better, more honest and cheaper, if its the UK

Still shows a lack of forward planning. Thai private health care didn't suddenly turn crap and more expensive overnight. Same as forex rates are not guaranteed to be beneficial forever.

How many are hanging out for a positive decision today on the current freeze of pensions paid overseas?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/8568970.stm

Yes I agree:- He along with the rest of us, no matter how well off we may or not be are responsible for the inevitable and to have the necessary contingencies in place.

I, for one, could live with myself even thinking that my local Farang friends would have to worry about me as the OP's position is.

Not to derail the thread but you have to admit that the freezing of pensions which have been bought and paid for over a lifetimes working if you move to county X but not if you move to country Y is just F**%ing outrageous.

Know a lot of teachers in UK who are watching this case very closely.

Edited by Tarqin

just to bring this thread to a conclusion ,,, my friend died last sunday ,, l would like to thank those people who responded and gave some ideas for me ,, in particular Bert in Pattaya ,, who was extremely helpful ,,,,,,,,,

a couple of lessons learnt from this ,, 1 ,,, dont leave things until it is too late ,, and 2 ,,, if you have a choice , die in hospital ,, it will make things easier for your wife/partner ,,, if legally married , it will make it more easy ,,, thanks again

cheers

egg

Very sorry to hear that sad news egg.

As nothing more can be added to the thread now, I will close it, thank you for the help and advice you have given on it.