Best Place To Dine...

vestalfleck

Here's the deal...

I'll be leaving Thailand for a couple of months and would like to take my girlfriend out for a nice meal. We are both in our early 20s and have shared many meals together but mostly at food stalls and whatnot. We live in Central Isaan and as far as I know there are no upscale joints where we live. Looking for a place in Bangkok which is a bit classier and with a romantic ambiance. Cash is not an issue as it's a one time thing (at least for the near future) yet I don't want it to have an arrogant, hi-so feel to it. She likes foreign food as well. Please list any recommendations/info (dress code/average price per person/reservations/etc..)

Thanks in advance,

Vestalfleck

i like JE NGOR’S KITCHEN (SI-PHAYA) call to JE NGOG SEAFOOD, look at this link

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Je-Ngo-Restaurant-t332835.html

one other place i take friends at time is ... (doing a search) ...... here it is

http://www.tawandang.com/eng/home.html

perhaps note romantic enough, a brunch is nice as well in sukhothai or four season or the indian buffet in rambrant hotel

For something nice & romantic, try The Deck www.arunresidence.com small and charming restaurant by the river with a wonderful view on the Wat Arun

Or the Mahanaga in Sukhumvit Soi 29 is also a good choice www.mahanaga.com

For great Italian food in a very cozy and romantic settings, go for the Enoteca Italiana in Sukhumvit Soi 31 www.enotecabangkok.com

And the list can go on and on...

Me again !

A poster mention chiangmai, why i am back with a new suggestion, they are a Bangkok restaurant call <Once Upon a Time Restaurant> , perhaps that will fit into what you looking for.

I ever try the one in Bangkok, but did with the one in chiangmai, i think they have ferry lights garden as well.

http://www.bangkok.com/pratunam/where-to-eat.html

Longtable restuarant is nice as well

http://www.longtablebangkok.com/menu.html

Edited by simcity

How about one of the dinner cruises which depart from Shangri-La hotel. These are on old teak rice barges converted into floating restaurants which cruise for a couple of hours up the river. Good ambiance on board and not crowded at the moment.

i went to JeNgors on suk soi 20 Tuesday night and food was great. The deep fried sea bass was nice and crispy on outside, but still tender and moist inside. They also have abalone for about 4k if you want to try something a bit more exotic

I don't want it to have an arrogant, hi-so feel to it.

erm........

Red Sky at the Centara sounds like a good choice- nice food, great view of the city and a good romantic ambience. Plus a good selection of cocktails etc.

http://www.centarahotelsresorts.com/cgcw/restaurant.asp

34612_story_images.jpg

Red-Sky-Bar-Bangkok-600x400.jpg

maybe not rumblecat. I've had experience of these rooftop joints, state tower etc - pretentious &lt;deleted&gt; springs to mind.

For great Italian food in a very cozy and romantic settings, go for the Enoteca Italiana in Sukhumvit Soi 31 www.enotecabangkok.com

And the list can go on and on...

if this is the place I'm thinking of then I recommend it - small authentic italian restaurant. been twice and wasn't as expensive as I was expecting.

Supatra River house

www.supatrariverhouse.net ....

...is one of my favourites for Thai food. It is on the far side of the river and claims to be the only riverfront restaurant from where you can see both the Golden Palace and Wat Arun.

They will pick you up on their boat from Sapahan Taksin BTS. This used to be a complimentary service but I think they may try to charge 200-300THB per person now.

Edited by bkkbarnstormer

maybe not rumblecat. I've had experience of these rooftop joints, state tower etc - pretentious &lt;deleted&gt; springs to mind.

Yeah, one man's pretentious &lt;deleted&gt; is another man's romantic night out. But fair enough, I'd missed the part about him not wanting an arrogant hi-so style place. :)

i used to like face restaurant in suk soi 38 (i think) but last time i was there about 3 wks ago, the food was below average (especially the soft shelled crab), although the ambience is still top notch for romantic stuff, plus they have a decent wine selection if you are prepared to pay the premium (cost me 8000 for 2, but wine was over 3k of that). personally, I had a better time and better food at Jengors suk soi 20 for less than quarter of the price (although no wine that time, just some singha beers).