Things To Take Back...

vestalfleck

Hello,

Flying back to the States in a couple of weeks and was just wondering if anyone could recommend some things to take back (souvenires, things much cheaper here). As of now I have a couple pairs of fisherman pants (not for me), a small Isaan instrument and some hair clips for my niece. Would also like to take back some tea (for making cha yen)- is this possible?? What other things would you recommend? Boxes of smokes? Is that possible through customs (if so, how many?) ? I thought of DVDs as well but I don't think they will play on players back home.

Thanks in advance,

Vestalfleck

I thought you were talking about stuff like Sattahip, but it's probably best after reading your OP to just recommend a few copies of some of the recent newspapers as memorabilia, and a carton of smokes in the carryon, + two wrapped up neatly in the suitcase. Take the green exit.

The last time I went home I tooks loads of junk home with me. The one hit was the Chinese looking silk robes that all the tailors sell. I took a bunch of them for all the ladies I know, they only cost me 300 bht each, and the ladies loved them.

The last time I went home I tooks loads of junk home with me. The one hit was the Chinese looking silk robes that all the tailors sell. I took a bunch of them for all the ladies I know, they only cost me 300 bht each, and the ladies loved them.

The robes were very popular in my family, also. We found some that were reversible and we had names embroidered on one side for not very much.

And if the art work is fairly decent, you might consider some oil/acrylic paintings of Thai scenes. If really dry, they can be rolled up in card board tubes; but best if carried flat between kind of think cardboard.

Edited by noise

There is a store at MBK first floor that sells commemorative stamps and paper money. Most come in display folders.They are easy to pack. Very affordable and they make great gifts.

Edited by mizzi39