Anyone Thinking Of Leaving Thailand For A While During The Rally?

upinthesky

The OP is a bit dramatic - I do remember that ridiculous blog by some American describing how escaped from Bangkok durinG the last coup - that was hilarious. Are you by any chance related?

It's nice and peaceful up here in Kanchanburi - so I don't think I'll be fleeing the country yet.

The Baht is strong and the Thai stock market was up today. The people who control those also control what happens in Thailand. As long as both the Baht and the SET stay up nothing bad will happen.

Don't worry. Be happy

Truth be told. I am a little concerned about picking my folks up from the airport on Monday... But unless things go mental here over the weekend I guess they are still comin'...

Viva la revoloutione!

upinthesky.

re ... Thinking of leaving Thailand to the home country for a peace of mind, then come back once the situation is back to normal.

nahhh ... not in a million years ... im going nowhere !

i have many friends who i go to see every day and i look foreward to seeing them

if ( and its a BIG if ) the s##t hits the fan in chiang mai ( which i doubt )

ill lay low for a few days ( which im already organised for ) ...... my friends wont starve .

and ill see them in ? days when chiang mai is back to normal .

enjoy pic ..... dave2 : )

Ronald says he will stay, he has the attire for both sides, and he is polite, keeps his mouth shut and refuses to run.

What do you think about a thai woman speaking out on youtube? Is she a coward or brave ? Does she stand for her opinion taking any risk?

This is a question, your answer appreciated

The OP is a bit dramatic - I do remember that ridiculous blog by some American describing how escaped from Bangkok durinG the last coup - that was hilarious. Are you by any chance related?

It's nice and peaceful up here in Kanchanburi - so I don't think I'll be fleeing the country yet.

Wasn't that Nick Cage when he was shooting Bangkok Dangerous? :)

Ronald says he will stay, he has the attire for both sides, and he is polite, keeps his mouth shut and refuses to run.

What do you think about a thai woman speaking out on youtube? Is she a coward or brave ? Does she stand for her opinion taking any risk?

This is a question, your answer appreciated

Silk.

I don't see the relevance to my tongue in cheek posting about Ronald maybe leaving Thailand due to what is going on.

But the woman in the video ( it is still actual, even after a year) is absolutely right in my opinion. I think she absolutely stands for what she believes in and is willing to take a risqué. Not sure if that risqué is real or not.

Edited by Carib

Hey maybe this is the same guy I met in Phnom Penh who was afraid to leave the bar and walk 200 metres to the bookstore. Mind you it was 8pm and the boogieman was gonna get him!

I wonder how his PHD thesis on Cambodia is going. :)

Truth be told. I am a little concerned about picking my folks up from the airport on Monday... But unless things go mental here over the weekend I guess they are still comin'...

Viva la revoloutione!

Ah well, you got me worried, can you also pick me up Monday at What's The Name of that Airport (Suwannapoom or Suwanabumi?)

ETA 18.40 and drive me safely to my hotel on Ratchadapisek?

Thank you vely mut :)

Just go hang out on Rayong Beach for a few days or lay back on Koh Chang and you'll be fine. None of the excrement will fly your way and chances are, nobody will be talking about what is going on in Bangkok :)

Most of us, have the luxury (and the money), to take off for a few days. I do feel for all those poor people, who are stuck in Bangkok. but even most of them, can remove themselves from the affected areas.

Don't worry - Be happy! :D

"Thinking of leaving Thailand to the home country for a peace of mind, then come back once the situation is back to normal. Anyone?"

I think that's a great idea! Would you please pick up a large bottle of vodka in the duty free store on your way back? Thanks!

I'm reminded of all of the panic when the 2008 Summer Olympics torch went through BKK. Oh my! Many TVers posted that they were going to hide in their apartments for the weekend, just in case the Wu Jing or the Thai police went on a rampage. The torch relay went on without a hitch...

The Baht is strong and the Thai stock market was up today. The people who control those also control what happens in Thailand. As long as both the Baht and the SET stay up nothing bad will happen.

Don't worry. Be happy

Oh, is that so, Mr. Thai-ologist? Who is "controling" the SET? It must be foreigners, because foreigners were net buyers and locals were the ones selling. So, if Thai people are "controling" the market, they sell and the market goes up. Makes perfect sense to me... :D:D

Let's all wait for Obama, Goldman-Sachs, and Warren Buffet to make sure "nothing bad will happen". After all, they control what happens in Thailand... :)