Sign At English School

ray23

I used the bathroom at the english school, that my wife attends. There was a sign that said in Thia and english this is western style tiolet, plese don't stand on it. Can't help wondering if there was a sign in the Thia tiolet sitting don't sit on it.

I have no idea why this tickled me so much but it did. Now I have to think someone must have tried standing on it, must have had good balance and a heck of an aim. LOL

I used the bathroom at the english school, that my wife attends. There was a sign that said in Thia and english this is western style tiolet, plese don't stand on it. Can't help wondering if there was a sign in the Thia tiolet sitting don't sit on it.

I have no idea why this tickled me so much but it did. Now I have to think someone must have tried standing on it, must have had good balance and a heck of an aim. LOL

Asian people squat, rather than the western tendency to sit. I fly out of HK quite frequently and aircraft toilets are a disgrace within a couple of hrs of take-off. I wish we could stop squatting in mid-flight. :o

Back when I used to live in a guest house for a year, there was this northern english chap who stayed a few months, newbie in country and constantly trying to assert how thai he was...

by always squatting on the western style toilets.

I suggest putting a little vaseline, moisturizer or something else slippery on the seat. That might help cure those who squat on the western toilet - but then again, I guess I wouldn't want to sit on it then. Oh well.

Bryan

Edited by Bryan in Isaan

I've seen footprints on many western style toilet seats in the north(no signs though). It must be quite a balancing act.

I've seen footprints on many western style toilet seats in the north(no signs though). It must be quite a balancing act.

Before I actually retired here I was working at a private school in America, the up or down issue of toilet seats was a favorite subject of the female staff, there were only three men who worked in the school. I would tell them that at least in Thailand the ladies were grateful for a tiolet seat up or down. Hmmm!!!!!! it would appear that I was dead wrong

Edited by ray23

Its called kangarooing in oz, but no good of putting your feet on the seat and squatting cos ozzy crabs can jump 3 feet. :o

My wife originally came to the U.S. in Jan 76. She went back a few months later to get her two boys, ages 5 and 7. The first night they were in my house, I walked in to find the oldest doing the elevated bombsite maneuver! :o I walked out after positioning him, but then I heard some strange noises. I found him filling a glass from the sink and trying to flush the john with it. Seems like yesterday but now their kids are all over the house!

Reminds me of the Pelni ship I was on from West Kalimantan to Northern Sumatra for a few days some years ago... There were always so many foot prints on the toilet seat that instead of cleaning them off, my longer legs allowed me to squat over it all with my feet on the floor, not the seat :o

Reminds me of the Pelni ship I was on from West Kalimantan to Northern Sumatra for a few days some years ago... There were always so many foot prints on the toilet seat that instead of cleaning them off, my longer legs allowed me to squat over it all with my feet on the floor, not the seat  :o

The one post about the children new to America reminded me of just how lost I was when I got here. Probably the reason a lot of Thai think we are stupid. So many different new ways to do things.

Reminds me of the Pelni ship I was on from West Kalimantan to Northern Sumatra for a few days some years ago... There were always so many foot prints on the toilet seat that instead of cleaning them off, my longer legs allowed me to squat over it all with my feet on the floor, not the seat  :o

The one post about the children new to America reminded me of just how lost I was when I got here. Probably the reason a lot of Thai think we are stupid. So many different new ways to do things.

Yep, then there's the 'spritzer' in many Asian bathrooms. Unlike the States, it's not used in washing dishes....

It does take awhile to get the aim down.... I've sprayed stuff across walls many times :D