The 2010 Formula One Season

That's comforter I think for our American friends.

I don't understand........:huh:

Actually he means pacifier as one poster mentioned or Binky as it's also known..Ok so it's been fully explained and understood, I'm late on the throttle.... Oh well! I'm just going to throw my toys out of the pram to coin another distinctly English phrase :annoyed::sorry: ..

Edited by WarpSpeed

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As I said Shumie is not a great racer and he has proven it time and again on those rare occasions when he's had to "race" someone and is challenged his only tactic is to crash the challenger and in the past he was the "Champion" so he wasn't dealt with and now he's living like the rest of the pack and this penalty is well deserved and about 10 years late..

Unfortunately it seems that Vettel is taking too many comparisons to heart and heading down the same path of whining, pointing and blaming but before he's accomplished the same goals as Schumie had so now he's getting a label that will be hard to remove if he doesn't begin to turn that whining into wins and even more a Championship..

Another thing that was prominent in the interview was that both Webber and Alonzo were listening very intently to Vettel when he was speaking and usually the other drivers are wiping the sweat from their faces, looking at other people in the room etc. but both were fixed directly on him hanging on what he was going to say.. He was slouched in his chair like a pouting teenager and all I could think was how everything he was saying was his shortcomings as has been mentioned in spite of his blatant attempts at spinning it other ways..

He was obviously indirectly pointing fingers at who ever is supposed to be giving him radio instructions but he also has to be aware and on his game while in the cockpit and asking questions if no one is providing information, at one point he mentioned a possible malfunction of the radio but he was uncertain? What about a simple radio check? Maybe something like.... Errr ummm "radio check are you reading me?" Bottom line Seb point all you want, it still falls on your shoulders, grow up and take the bull by the horns (pun intended) and determine your own destiny and not leave it up to others..

Edited by WarpSpeed
  • Like 2

Well the last couple of races have reinforced my opinion as to why I dislike Schumacher & Alonso.

In the Barichello/Schumacher incident I dread to think what would have happened if someone had been exiting the pit road at the time!

I know there has always been bad blood between those two, but does anyone know precisely why? Brundle etc are always alluding to it but never going on to explain exactly why.

TBWG :wai:

And when Vettel ran into Webber I said "He Schumachered him".

Yeah, you may be right but this should not be about personalities ?

Sadly the cars of today are too safe and some of the drivers are more than ready to take full advantage of that. Years ago they would not have had such a platform as they would have died early

How many years ago? Schumacher knew as long ago as 1994 that crashing into another driver wouldn't hurt much. Ask Damon Hill.

Well the last couple of races have reinforced my opinion as to why I dislike Schumacher & Alonso.

In the Barichello/Schumacher incident I dread to think what would have happened if someone had been exiting the pit road at the time!

I know there has always been bad blood between those two, but does anyone know precisely why? Brundle etc are always alluding to it but never going on to explain exactly why.

TBWG :wai:

As I said earlier. Rubens has said driving at Ferrari partenering MS was like driving with a team of lawyers in your cockpit. May be that has something to do with it. Not that long ago some drivers would have stormed into Schumachers garage at the end of the race to punch his lights out.

As I said Shumie is not a great racer and he has proven it time and again on those rare occasions when he's had to "race" someone and is challenged his only tactic is to crash the challenger and in the past he was the "Champion" so he wasn't dealt with and now he's living like the rest of the pack and this penalty is well deserved and about 10 years late..

Unfortunately it seems that Vettel is taking too many comparisons to heart and heading down the same path of whining, pointing and blaming but before he's accomplished the same goals as Schumie had so now he's getting a label that will be hard to remove if he doesn't begin to turn that whining into wins and even more a Championship..

Another thing that was prominent in the interview was that both Webber and Alonzo were listening very intently to Vettel when he was speaking and usually the other drivers are wiping the sweat from their faces, looking at other people in the room etc. but both were fixed directly on him hanging on what he was going to say.. He was slouched in his chair like a pouting teenager and all I could think was how everything he was saying was his shortcomings as has been mentioned in spite of his blatant attempts at spinning it other ways..

He was obviously indirectly pointing fingers at who ever is supposed to be giving him radio instructions but he also has to be aware and on his game while in the cockpit and asking questions if no one is providing information, at one point he mentioned a possible malfunction of the radio but he was uncertain? What about a simple radio check? Maybe something like.... Errr ummm "radio check are you reading me?" Bottom line Seb point all you want, it still falls on your shoulders, grow up and take the bull by the horns (pun intended) and determine your own destiny and not leave it up to others..

Have to agree with this - Schumi was a 2nd rate driver - which is why he is a legend in motorsport :whistling:. You may hate him, but don't post ludicrous comments.

Yeah, you may be right but this should not be about personalities ?

Sadly the cars of today are too safe and some of the drivers are more than ready to take full advantage of that. Years ago they would not have had such a platform as they would have died early

How many years ago? Schumacher knew as long ago as 1994 that crashing into another driver wouldn't hurt much. Ask Damon Hill.

Well pre-Senna, drivers were killed quite frequently but he realised the cars were getting safer and enabled such tactics. Schumacher then took it to the next level and as you correclty say won his first championship on the back of it.

10 place penalty for the next race for schumi,,,,,,,,,,,,'but I did nothing wrong' http://www.autosport...rt.php/id/85799

except maybe drag down the standard of driving in F1 to a lamentable standard for all future generations :ermm:

He did that many years ago with deliberately trying (and succeeding) to run other drivers off the track or using his double blocking manouvres.

Yes exactly........... and why Vettel's move in Germany went unquestioned !

I missed that! Where did you read it?

As for the incident itself, it was bad - Schumi pushed it too far IMO. But, watching it again in slow motion, I'm beginning to think its not as bad as I originally thought.

There wasn't a collision (unlike many other bad moves that have actually resulted in a collision and been unpunished) and Reubens could see that MS was moving to block him out. He continued nonetheless, even though his front wheels hadn't actually reached MS's rear wheels when he was forced to cross the white line.

Reubens made it clear in a subsequent interview he wasn't about to brake or give way....

How many times have I heard something along the lines of 'they only try that 'cos the run-off is on grass - if there was a wall, they wouldn't do it cos they know they couldn't get away with it'.

Reubens knew there was a wall there, and went anyway.....

AND p.s. Reubens DIDN'T crash into the wall - there WAS enough room

Trouble is, as soon as Schumi is involved in anything, people start demanding he be banned. As I said earlier - other drivers have made bad moves that resulted in serious accidents, but NOBODY suggested they be banned - its only Schumi who elicits this response.....

Edited by F1fanatic

schumis time is over-he should realise this an go home to his wife and children.

what he did was absolutely dangerous,

i want to hear him shoutimg, if another driver would have done this to him.

he still thinks, he is the best of all, but he isnt by far.

schumis time is over-he should realise this an go home to his wife and children.

Please read my last post.

But I do agree with you - Reubens was a far better F1 driver than MS, if it wasn't for team orders he would have won all those WDC's. No idea at all why EVERYONE (other than RB) thought otherwise.

Again too, of course he "isn't by far" the "best of all" - he's a mediocre driver that all the teams wanted 'cos they were too stupid to realise how mediocre he was.

There wasn't a collision (unlike many other bad moves that have actually resulted in a collision and been unpunished) and Reubens could see that MS was moving to block him out. He continued nonetheless, even though his front wheels hadn't actually reached MS's rear wheels when he was forced to cross the white line.

Reubens made it clear in a subsequent interview he wasn't about to brake or give way....

How many times have I heard something along the lines of 'they only try that 'cos the run-off is on grass - if there was a wall, they wouldn't do it cos they know they couldn't get away with it'.

Oh right so it was all Ruben's fault then for daring to attempt to pass Schumi on the main straight (as in the straightest and widest piece of track). After all Rubens knows full well what lengths Schumi will go to to protect his position :ermm: !!

Trouble is, as soon as Schumi is involved in anything, people start demanding he be banned. As I said earlier - other drivers have made bad moves that resulted in serious accidents, but NOBODY suggested they be banned - its only Schumi who elicits this response.....

Not true, Patrese was banned after Peterson got killed at Monza and there have been other instances over the years, it's just that Schumi was one of the first high profile drivers to regularly drive in this manner.

Oh right so it was all Ruben's fault then for daring to attempt to pass Schumi on the main straight (as in the straightest and widest piece of track). After all Rubens knows full well what lengths Schumi will go to to protect his position :ermm: !!

Not true, Patrese was banned after Peterson got killed at Monza and there have been other instances over the years, it's just that Schumi was one of the first high profile drivers to regularly drive in this manner.

Yes, IMO Reubens 'went for it', even though there was a wall there and MS was pushing RB out before he got by MS's back wheels.....

OK, so a driver that actually caused another to be killed got banned...... Not exactly usual.

Schumi WASN'T the first driver to drive in this manner, Senna was. Not that has anything to do with the case in point.

Edited by F1fanatic

Having said the above, I was not impressed by the move - I think MS took it too far and RB could have crashed into the wall.

Then again, RB took it too far too. He should have put his foot on the brake and realised he could not get past without going 'off track'.

Yes, IMO Reubens 'went for it', even though there was a wall there and MS was pushing RB out before he got by MS's back wheels.....

There was only a wall there because Schumi had forced Ruben's right up against it on the widest and straightest piece of track on the circuit !

To you that's perfectly acceptable, to others (thankfully including the stewards) it's an unacceptable and dangerous level of blocking.

OK, so a driver that actually caused another to be killed got banned...... Not exactly usual.

Schumi WASN'T the first driver to drive in this manner, Senna was. Not that has anything to do with the case in point.

In fact Patrese was exonerated of blame but it was you that said Schumacher was the ONLY one to be picked on. As I keep saying the cars are much safer now so the chances of a driver getting killed are very much smaller today. To some drivers that's an open book to drive others off the track, and yes your right Senna was the first, I never said Schumacher was. He did take it to a new level though and is seemingly intent to continue on that course !!

Then again, RB took it too far too. He should have put his foot on the brake and realised he could not get past without going 'off track'.

Please re-read and think about what your saying here. I can't believe you can write something like this and expect to be taken seriously as an F1fanatic :wacko:

Actually, Schumi says :Sorry, the stewarts are right.

(on his private homepage)

Yeah, I seem to recall he was quite contrite after he tried to force Villeneuve out of the 97 championship and came off second best.

Actions speak louder than words it would seem.

Have to agree with this - Schumi was a 2nd rate driver - which is why he is a legend in motorsport :whistling:. You may hate him, but don't post ludicrous comments.

It's no wonder you have the nik "fanatic" as your fanaticism blinds you to the reality in front of you. I never said "second rate" so don't attempt to put words in my post, and secondly the real facts from someone who actually races and has for many years is that he is NOT a good racer, he is and always has been a premadona who drives excellent with first rate everything until seriously challenged for position.. Nothing ludicrous about that observation it's based on professional empirical experience which you lack and just once you should do yourself a favor and listen to someone who really understands more then just the fanaticism of the sport and presents an educated and unbiased perspective...

Edited by WarpSpeed

10 place penalty for the next race for schumi,,,,,,,,,,,,'but I did nothing wrong' http://www.autosport...rt.php/id/85799

except maybe drag down the standard of driving in F1 to a lamentable standard for all future generations :ermm:

He did that many years ago with deliberately trying (and succeeding) to run other drivers off the track or using his double blocking manouvres.

Yes exactly........... and why Vettel's move in Germany went unquestioned !

I missed that! Where did you read it?

As for the incident itself, it was bad - Schumi pushed it too far IMO. But, watching it again in slow motion, I'm beginning to think its not as bad as I originally thought.

AND p.s. Reubens DIDN'T crash into the wall - there WAS enough room

I'm sorry but you really are clueless about racing aren't you?? What race exactly were you watching?? Certainly everything you mention was out of pure luck of the Gods and nothing more..

Yes and despite some here who think I have it in for Shumie because they are blinded by their own fanaticism I for one am disappointed to see it as I was rooting for him to make a top come back at his age proving it can be done but he's been bested by his team mate in all but one race so far. I was hoping he could follow in Mark Martins foot steps of NASCAR fame who had several wins last season and was in top running for the championship at 50 years young showing the young bucks how to do it. Shame, I had high hopes and his seat could go to someone climbing the ladder now but this last weekend made me see the light about the end of his storied career coming to an end....

Edited by WarpSpeed

Having said the above, I was not impressed by the move - I think MS took it too far and RB could have crashed into the wall.

:cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: I guess that's why he gets the big bucks and you don't...

Edited by WarpSpeed

I was interested in your Patrese comments and did some research. The accident you refer to with Peterson was in 1978. Patrese was cleared of wrongdoing and continued to race until 1993, which was then one of the longest F1 careers on record. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Riccardo_Patrese . Not that important, but just clarifying the facts.

I was interested in your Patrese comments and did some research. The accident you refer to with Peterson was in 1978. Patrese was cleared of wrongdoing and continued to race until 1993, which was then one of the longest F1 careers on record. http://en.wikipedia....iccardo_Patrese . Not that important, but just clarifying the facts.

Anyone defending that move Schumacher made on RB is making themselves look a fool. There's no place for that kind of stuff in F1. The fact that it was Schumi is irrelevent. Anyone, at any stage of the season should recieve the same punishment and some. I you think otherwise you're simply living in dreamworld. fact is, he's not on the pace and is being made to look a chump by Rosburg who has out qualified him in ten of the last twelve races, and has been on the podium atleast twice. He also can no longer have total control of the team and should retire asap.

(Just for the record, as much as i loved to watch Senna race, that move that he made on Prost at the start of the race, i think at Aida, Japan, was totally premedited and warrented a years ban. What Senna got away with was outrageous.)

I was interested in your Patrese comments and did some research. The accident you refer to with Peterson was in 1978. Patrese was cleared of wrongdoing and continued to race until 1993, which was then one of the longest F1 careers on record. http://en.wikipedia....iccardo_Patrese . Not that important, but just clarifying the facts.

Yeah, the ban was for the following race, the USGP.

Irvine also got banned for 3 races in 94 and Senna was sanctioned a number of times. I was replying to F1fan's stance that only Schumacher is picked on in this regard which is totally incorrect.

Anyone defending that move Schumacher made on RB is making themselves look a fool. There's no place for that kind of stuff in F1. The fact that it was Schumi is irrelevent. Anyone, at any stage of the season should recieve the same punishment and some. I you think otherwise you're simply living in dreamworld. fact is, he's not on the pace and is being made to look a chump by Rosburg who has out qualified him in ten of the last twelve races, and has been on the podium atleast twice. He also can no longer have total control of the team and should retire asap.

(Just for the record, as much as i loved to watch Senna race, that move that he made on Prost at the start of the race, i think at Aida, Japan, was totally premedited and warrented a years ban. What Senna got away with was outrageous.)

You're 100% correct, the fact that Senna and then Schumacher were allowed to get away with it is why we have the appalling driving standards of today where for example it's the 'norm' to drive into your opponent away from the startline. We saw that in Germany when Vettlel put a vicious chop on Alonso but no-one batted an eyelid !

Please read my last post.

But I do agree with you - Reubens was a far better F1 driver than MS, if it wasn't for team orders he would have won all those WDC's. No idea at all why EVERYONE (other than RB) thought otherwise.

Again too, of course he "isn't by far" the "best of all" - he's a mediocre driver that all the teams wanted 'cos they were too stupid to realise how mediocre he was.

It was the car that made MS World Champion so many times and the teams nous about the rules and strategy.

So long as he was out front he was easily capable of passing back markers that were getting flagged to allow him to pass, but when he had to actually race another driver he would resort to running them off the road, or his infamous double maneouvre blocking tactics.