Wifes Family Visit Visa

Hi ok looking into going back to the uk in late May this year we are now living in Thailand with our house in my wifes name before this we was living in England from 2006 my wife had a settlement visa and then extended it with flr for 2 more years which finishes 3rd of April 2010 but we moved back to Thailand end of 2008 and dont want to live in England anymore,at the end of last year we had a baby girl and so would like to go back to visit family and friends this year ok questions my parents will sponsor us but they have all their money in bonds and isas how can we show 6 month statements?

My wifes return to Thailand what do we show for owning the house as resason?any help Jim...

You presumably have obtained both a British and a Thai passport for your daughter, so her entry into the UK and back into Thailand wont be any problem.

As for your wife; as the spouse of a British national living in Thailand she should not have any problems, simply provide the documents on this list plus any others you think may help.

You need to show that there are sufficient finances for the trip, whether from you and your wife's resources or those of a third party such as your parents. These finances need to be immediately available, so bonds and ISAs wont do, I'm afraid; but any income from them will. Provide your bank statements or other proof of your income and finances and the same for your parents if their help is required.

Remember, if you are staying with your parents then you will not need that much anyway.

If you are staying with your parents then a letter of invitation from them is advisable; this should describe the accommodation available and if they own the property some proof of this is a good idea. If they rent, then a letter from their landlord granting you permission to stay there.