How To Cancel Membership In Here?

Jirayu2204

You can check out, but you can never leave...

It's not possible cancel your membership on Thai Visa. All you can do is sign out and never sign in again. And before you do that: edit your membership profile to remove all private data about yourself.

What if someone wants to cease posting under their current ID and start afresh under a different one, I think that's the question that's maybe really being asked here. Since it's against the rules to have more than one login, how can that be managed since you seem to be saying that the first login can never be revoked unless it's requested but then there's still the issue of the same IP?

What if someone wants to cease posting under their current ID and start afresh under a different one,

And why would they want / need to do that?

I don't know, but if its just a namechange they are after, i believe admin can accomodate those sort of reasonable requests, without the need to cancel the membership and starting again.

What if someone wants to cease posting under their current ID and start afresh under a different one,

And why would they want / need to do that?

I don't know, but if its just a namechange they are after, i believe admin can accomodate those sort of reasonable requests, without the need to cancel the membership and starting again.

I'm just trying to think outside of the box on this one and anticipate what posters might need - on the one hand it's not possible to cancel posting membership under a specific ID and it's not possible to have two ID's.

If you want to change your user ID them please email support[at]thaivisa.com

Do note that your old posts will automatically be attributed to your new user ID, you can't distance yourself from them.

If you want to change your user ID them please email support[at]thaivisa.com

Do note that your old posts will automatically be attributed to your new user ID, you can't distance yourself from them.

And that's appropriate,

I've just noticed, you're from Cirencester, I have a home in Cranham, small world. :)

That Jirayu2204 might really want to change his member name looks like a far-fetched assumption to me but while we are on the subject it is as Crossy said. Names cannot be changed at a whim but if a name puts the member's life at risk, like goons or an ex-wife hunting him down, an email to Support is in order.

--

Maestro

:D
your posts will remain forever.

Not strictly true, 3,000 of my posts disappeared completely. :)

I was under the impression that the posts remained, only the individuals post count was re-evaluated regarding the posts in certain forums.

I was under the impression that the posts remained, only the individuals post count was re-evaluated regarding the posts in certain forums.

Not an impression, a reality - there all still there even if you can't see them all. :D Some members just won't let it go though. :D

Not an impression, a reality - there all still there even if you can't see them all. :D Some members just won't let it go though. :D

:D & this just keeps going on and on :D

As noted above, you can't cancel your membership, if you don't want to post, don't post!

If you really want we can disable your account, but your posts will remain forever.

So where did ET's posts go?? :)

I wanna delete this profile account..... :)

As previously stated, a member account can not be deleted. However if you have an issue with your member name then you can request a name change by emailing support[at]thaivisa.com.

Jirayu2204, here’s a multiple-choice question for you. What exactly do you want?

a. Stop posting but continue to log in and read ThaiVisa.

b. Stop logging in on ThaiVisa but continue to read ThaiVisa.

c. Stop reading ThaiVisa altogether.

--

Maestro