Tourist Visa From Within Thailand

Hi there

I'm a 25 year old Irish national. I arrived in Bangkok three days ago and was allowed in without a visa for 30 days.

My question is this: can I now go and pay for a tourist visa so that I can have 60 days in Thailand without leaving the country? I know that I can leave and come back and have another 30 days but that would be really inconvenient.

I've searched the web but can't seem to find a description of this particular situation.

Thanks for any advice!

Jo

Guest IT Manager

Jody, refer to what I asked...why would you want to. Axel and Tomy are a bit of a nuisance.. answer the question... why? That will focus Dr PP who will know.

B):D:o

Axel and Tomy are a bit of a nuisance.. answer the question... why?

No smilie?

The poster already answered your question in his post "that would be really inconvenient" so not sure what you want. As for Axel and Tomy; they answered the poster as best they can.

It is gonna be inconvenient Jodyanne. 20/20 hindsight vision is a wonderful thing. What you should have done is to get a 60 day Tourist visa from the Royal Thai Consulate in Dublin before you left. There is no way you can extend an arrival permit by an extra 30 days. You'll have to go and take a peek at another country if you want to stay on.

Thanks for the info guys, that's kind of what I thought. Can't believe I was so bloody stupid - I really thought I'd be able to get the Tourist Visa on arrival...

Anyway, live and learn - looks like I'll be getting a peek at Malaysia after all :o

Thanks again for all the help

Jo

You'll cope with a long weekend in Penang in Malaysia...quaint place but a bit dull

She really only needs to exit/return as am sure they will issue another 30 day stay for someone who seems to have a blank passport (Thailand wise). But Penang is really another world and not all that dull IMHO. For a one time visit highly recommend the city of Georgetown for a look at a life of yesteryear.

But Penang is really another world and not all that dull IMHO. For a one time visit highly recommend the city of Georgetown for a look at a life of yesteryear.

Right you are, as my friends say, "like Hong Kong, we have the island, we have the mainland and we have the ferry, no subway bu a bridge and no hectic".

Lovely but a little bit sleepy, well yesteryear.

Guest IT Manager
You'll cope with a long weekend in Penang in Malaysia...quaint place but a bit dull

Stay at the "White House Hotel" in Penang. Place is like a tired old lady but the staff are nice and very helpful.

Great Indian Food opposite if you like banana leaf type meals. Absolutely delicious and tukh makh as well.

Taxis can get you to the consul in 10 or 15 minutes. Pick up next day unless that has changed.

Say hi to the Samlor driver who sleeps in his vehicle outside the book/newspaper stand downstairs.

Have a good weekend. (avagoodweegend)

IT

And Jodyanne sorry about being so rude in my post. I thought there may heve been an underlining issue (job for example) behind the need. Then you are better off doing it properly.

Axel and Tomy are a bit of a nuisance

:o Hmmm! im just trying to help the poor guy.

Gee! everytime you try to be nice and help out, someone calling you nuisance, and when you don't feel like help and make joke, they say why ain't you helpingflash.gif:DB)

its all good and fun banana.gif

Question: do people down at Penang eat pork?

Question: do people down at Penang eat pork?

I found it was easier to get in Penang than in Hat Yai; at least at hotels. But English beans is the main course ABF. They do make good beans in Malaysia. Penang, and especially Georgetown, is very much Chinese so there is a mixture of good food available.