Xbox Repair Needed

Tom Sawyer

I brought my Xbox from the States here, and like an idiot, didn't know it needed a power converter to reduce the voltage from 220V to 110V. So I plugged it in and within seconds there was a loud popping sound and it started smoking. :o

Does anyone know where I can get it fixed?

Thanks,

Tom

hopefully just the power supply. there are replacement power supplies, they should to put it in an test if that is all in an area called Klongtom or something like that, never saw the name of the are written. Thats also the area where they put in Modchips, maybe someone know how to spell that exactly.

In the worst case the XBox powersupply does not differ much from a computer power supply....

h90

• 6 months later...

Sorry to dig up an old thread but how are you playing your American Xbox in Thailand with PAL tvs and Pal software.

Excuse my ignorance but I hope it is true because Id much rather bring mine with me than go through the hassle of buying a mod box and all the games over again even if they are "cheap".

Did you need to get some sort of converter for the PAL Tv's? What about the DVD's you buy at the market, can you play them no problem on your American Xbox?

One other quick question, if I don bring my box with me is it easy to find a chip and have it installed?

thank you, MP

I've only some problems with DVD's playing on my XBOX but usually the Silom ones are fine. Also have had not problems with TV's but not sure if I played on multi-system TV's. Do you guys have XBox Live? Looking for deatmatches with local connections - also looking to trade some games. I'm not modding my baby or I may get locked out of Live and that means no more Halo2!

For repairs I'd take it to (sorry can't remember the name) but it's a small shop at Fortune Town on the 3rd floor in the corner at the bangkok bank end on the right hand side almost nextdoor to the cafe. They've successfully repaired and converted psu for notebooks, fax machines and a playstation for me.

Good luck.

Local electronics shops should be able to fix it OK, I had a SONOS box that I did exactly the same with and they fixed that fairly easily.

In regards to the PAL/NTSC stuff, All the TV's out here are multi-region (for want of a better word), So all NTSC, PAL etc... stuff will be fine.

I'm selling my modded X-Box with 40-50 games and 3 controllers if anyones interested, its in Phuket however.

Go to China town, at the end of the main china town road theres an underground market that runs alongside a canal, they fix all game consoles etc

The market is called Supan Lek, สะพาน เหล็ก

The market is on both sides of the main road, if your looking away from China town you want to be on the right side.

They also chip playstations etc.

Its advisable to stay at the shop as they fix it, as your box is from the States they are likely to strip it and replace the boards with cheap copies, TIT.