Its Also Illegal To Overstay Your Visa

Very quick to shut down the last thread regarding bootleg products.

Okay, I will rephrase.

Some terrible bottom feeders, leeches of society and the like, have been known to peddle in the trade of bootleg goods. Some of this trade takes place on the internet. I have made it my life's aspiration to hunt these people down and put them behind bars. Where on the net should I begin my search? (Apart from ebay, of course).

While I'm at it, here's a few other illegal topics that are openly discussed on tv.com and in many cases openly supported my some members, withou admin shutting down the thread:

Working in Thailand without a WP

Prostitution

Using the internet to make phone calls

Buying a university degree

Stealing UBC

Stealing satellite television

Any others I'm missing?

Edited by Bob Chittie

From before...

...Or is your topic not really about wanting to find the place to sell but is actually just an opening line in wanting to discuss the topic of intellectual property...is it privately owned or does it belong to the public?

Now, that sounds like a much more interesting topic, but this angle wouldn't fullfill your agenda, I guess. :o

I feel that if the prices came down closer to actual production costs (which includes the intellectual labour), then maybe the companies like MS could change their marketing approach of short term profits, which limits sales due to high-pricing, to a more consumer-oriented marketing approach of reasonable prices to increase sales, market share, ....and new markets.

The main problem you will have will be retaining your revenue - online trading poeple will want to pay by things like paypal and online credit cards - it gives them protection from <deleted> selling counterfiet goods online - paypal and the CC companies will make the repayment chase you for the money then **** up your life by destroying you credit ratings - and if you are in the UK report you to trading standards.

Good luck

Edited by alex100

TREASURE TROVE OF FAKES SEIZED

BY CIARAN FAGAN

10:30 - 16 May 2005

Trading Standards officers have taken one of their biggest-ever scalps after catching a man with fake goods worth around £250,000.

A haul of watches, perfumes, handbags and sportswear with designer nametags including Gucci, Luis Vuitton and Nike, were discovered at Hanif Daud's warehouse in November 2003.

However, despite their luxury labels, the goods turned out to be fakes.

Consumer watchdogs in Leicester believe it is one of the biggest seizures since they launched a crackdown on rip-off merchants in 1999.

John Fox, head of Leicester City Council's Trading Standards team, said: "This was one of the largest seizures we have had in Leicester. It is a very significant size.

"There was a huge range of goods. We had the best part of 30 brands and we think it was items he had ready for the Christmas period.

"We would say they have a retail value as counterfeits of around £250,000.

"Since we launched our campaign, we have done more than 60 raids and some businesses have closed down because we have made life too difficult for them to trade in counterfeit items.

"If you are in business, you have to protect yourself by making sure you deal with honest traders. Mr Daud has been in business a long time and he should have been more careful."

Daud, a wholesaler who owns HS Fashions in Western Road in Leicester's West End, ran a previously legitimate business selling to small shops across the Midlands.

Daud (45), of Dale Street, Highfields, bought the fakes from other suppliers and had no role in their manufacture.

He appeared at Leicester Crown Court last week where he admitted 13 offences under the Trademarks Act 1994. At another hearing at the start of May, he was convicted of 12 offences under the Act for a haul of designer sportswear he bought from strangers for £22,500.

He said he did not realise the goods were fakes.

However, he was convicted at the first hearing after he failed to convince a jury he had made "reasonable" efforts to establish authenticity.

Dermot Breen, chairman of Leicestershire Chamber of Commerce's city centre committee, said: "Leicester had a reputation as a prominent centre of counterfeiting but the efforts of the police and trading standards have alleviated that in recent years."

Mike Roylance, of sportswear brand Adidas, is also chairman of the clothing and footwear section of an industry anti-counterfeiting group.

He said: "Counterfeiting damages firms' reputations and also confuses the customer, who ends up with shoddy goods.

"We are trying to get these fake goods off the streets so people can buy in confidence."

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/displayN...me=filtersearch

Edited by alex100

I know a guy that was selling knockoff football shirts on the net in England and was just caught. He was nowhere near the level of this Daud bloke but what will happen to him. What kind of fine or jail is involved.

I have no idea as to the penalties involved. But I do know that if you look at the overall problem, 250,000 pounds is a drop in the bucket. I've been duped into buying counterfeits on ebay before and I know that those people are still selling. I reported it to ebay, but they didn't do anything.

[...snip]

While I'm at it, here's a few other illegal topics that are openly discussed on tv.com and in many cases openly supported my some members, withou admin shutting down the thread:

[...snip]

[...snip]

huh? :D

is that illegal in Thailand?

:o

why?

:D

I must admit - that did occur to me too !

We discuss tons and tons of things that are illegal in Thailand without breaking Forum rules.

Discussing illegal things is not illegal in Thailand.

I have no idea as to the penalties involved. But I do know that if you look at the overall problem, 250,000 pounds is a drop in the bucket. I've been duped into buying counterfeits on ebay before and I know that those people are still selling. I reported it to ebay, but they didn't do anything.

If you pay by CC or Paypal or paypal linked to a CC then they have a legal obligation to act under Uk consumer credit act you can insist they freeze or reverse the payment. If you bought from a seller in the UK you know through e bay what the address is ring up their local constabulary make a complaint and get a crime number they will then act on that.

Edited by alex100

Working in Thailand without a WP

Prostitution

Buying a university degree

Stealing UBC

Stealing satellite television

None of which are condoned by ThaiVisa.com (even though making phone calls via the internet isnt illegal)

Now im going to close this thread also, if you want to continue this debate Khun Bob Chittie, i will begin to issue warnings and suspensions... Khow Jai mai?