Sending An Html Email W/yahoo Mail

girlx

I have a cool little HTML email I wanted to send out to friends, and thought i could just paste HTML into my compose box and send it and it would show up... I did this a few years ago and it worked fine, but now Yahoo just interprets it as text. I have turned on the feature that says send as rich text, it's just not working. Does anyone have tips on sending out an HTML email?

nope, sends as plain text. i have tried with yahoo, gmail, and outlook now, and done some research, and it seems none of them allow the sending of rich text/HTML emails any longer....

nope, sends as plain text. i have tried with yahoo, gmail, and outlook now, and done some research, and it seems none of them allow the sending of rich text/HTML emails any longer....

How strange... I got one today in my Yahoo inbox

The HTML graphics in this message have been blocked. [show HTML Graphics - Edit Preferences]

If they are blocking the sending of HTML in preference of plain text...then I think it's a good idea.

Just to cut down on all the rubish that gets sent , it would all be faster in plain old TXT

However I'm quite sure that they are not blocking HTML,if they did then no one would be able to read their email via webmail...maybe I'm misunderstanding something ????

Can you point me to the reserch you did, that leads you to believe thay have blocked HTML ?

as far as i know they are not blocking the receiving of it, but the sending of it from their mail programs. there is no longer the option to send an html email... the best you can do is format your fonts and colors.

there is no longer the option to send an html email

Well then send it as an attachment, it works !!!!!! I tried it myself just now from Gmail to Yahoo and Yahoo to Yahoo.

Do you have a yahoo.com email address or one of the regionalised Yahoo.co.???

address's ? maybe it's something to do with that... no one else here seems to be having your trouble. :o

:D:D

Trash those hotmail and Yahoo accounts and go for Gmail. I have a few invitations left if you want try a trouble free webmail with POP3 and forward. Email me at admin[at]thaivisa.com and I will send you an invite.

Gmail is still in Beta.

It looks nice but where do you complain when all your e-mails are gone.

For a little money Yahoo works great. Also with POP3.

When Gmail starts to ask money for it and drops the "beta" i will be their customer.

Edited by Khun Jean

i have gmail as well but it doesn't allow html... johnq i tried sending as an attachment and it still comes through as plain text! how weird that it works for you!

• 3 weeks later...