Renting An Apartment?

kevbomac05

on the cheap end 2000 to 5000 baht per month. don't expect a lot of quality at those prices however.

there are lots of past threads on TV to harvest.

Try using a google search with a string like 'thaivisa rent apartment cheap'

that kind of search will get you up to speed.

Edited by CobraSnakeNecktie

Get a house or a nice condo and get some people to room with you. That way cost is split and you all live in a pretty place. lol

Now if someone found a nice place and had a room open... I would live there. Well, if its cheaper then my dorm. lol

Check the classifieds, top of every page.

Hundreds of listings.

thats about the height of it! theres a headline at the top of this page that reads 'affordable apartments' try clicking that old chap. Shold give you some good guidance

Get a house or a nice condo and get some people to room with you. That way cost is split and you all live in a pretty place. lol

Now if someone found a nice place and had a room open... I would live there. Well, if its cheaper then my dorm. lol

Hmm.. mid 20's female Asian student wants spare room. Hold on I will ask the wife.... :)

Actually, on second thoughts ....

(will ask around for you if you like, but need to know $$ figures - the woman I know does 'homestay' student exchange things.. so she may know)

so can any other people chime in

Try to check an apartement at Moonmaung soi 7 in the left side if you come from Moonmaung road, price about 2500 - 3500 baht per month contract 6 months, I am not sure about price you can check it there again.

It's pretty easy to find something. And what you get totally depends on the budget. Like has been said, you can find a studio room for as little as 2x00 baht per month. The adds here are the top end and they go as high as you want. Guessing you want to have a kind of decent room, aircon, hot shower, furniture, tv. I think you are looking at 4000-6000 baht depending on the location. If you really want a seperate bedroom or a kitchen or something like that, condo's are quite expensive and you are probably looking at 8000 baht and steep upwards.If you are planning to stay for a while, rent a guesthouseroom for a week and a motorbike and drive around and walk in any building that might interest you. You can use websites but my feeling is it takes time, and you end up paying more. Better drive around,see something you like, ask if you can see the room.

My advice is just come here and look around , if you're looking for something cheap and basic you will find it in Chiang Mai ,prices as low as 2000 baht for a month.

Good luck.

Emporium Residence Santitham Road, 5500 a month, min contract 1 month, security deposit 5500, utils and cleaning all in about 6300

(internet, cable TV, aircon, nice shower room, balcony with sink, fridge, king size bed)

2-3 bedroom house within 20km of Chiang Mai 5500-9000bht a month, min contract 1 year, security deposit 10000, utils another 1000 a month (inc broadband)

Plenty of condos around 2000-3000bht but not very nice IMHO

I have found the cheaper the monthly rental, the bigger the security deposit and the longer the minimum rental period. Emporium gave me the security deposit back without problems after 2 months although their internet connection was decidedly iffy (like many other condos sharing 1 line amongst 50 users)

Edited by sarahsbloke