Fourth Airline For Ubon?

MeMock

http://memock.wordpress.com/2010/03/17/fou...on-ratchathani/

A new airline is expected to start servicing Ubon Ratchathani within the next few months.

Nakhon Chiangmai Air has received approval from The Department of Civil Aviation to begin flights as soon as possible between Chiang Mai and Ubon as well as other regional centres including Udon Thani, Phitsanulok and Nakhon Ratchasima with plans to add Burma at a later stage.

Nakhon Chiangmai Air will use Chiang Mai International Airport as its hub and will fly the French made ATR-72 which is what Laos Airlines currently use.

Edited by MeMock

Excellent news - it takes me the best part of two days to drive there and we go there to see my wife's first child a couple of times a year. Let's hope it's a bit cheaper than flying via Bangkok. otherwise it won't get off the ground. Even a couple of flights each week each way would be good enough for my purposes. I often mused that a flight Ubon to Kon Khaen to CM would make a lot of sense and there seems to be at least a dozen buses doing that journey each day.

It might give some CM residents a new holiday avenue. I can heartily recommend the southern part of Laos which is easily accessible from Ubon (250 baht international bus from Ubon bus station through the border to Pakse)

Does this mean the economy is improving in Ubon to warrant these flights, or do airlines and higher-end hotels come and go to isaan cities like errant profiteers (i.e. only to eventually fail and move on). btw i heard ubon has a new hotel complex to rival nevada, but didn't catch it's name...

The new complex is called Sunee Grand Hotel and City Mall. Do a search, there is a fair bit of info online about it. There are also other malls starting to take shape in Ubon as well.

Rival Nevada? Well that is putting it rather nicely for Nevada! That place has been dying a slow death for a while, not too many people who visit there anymore.

Edited by MeMock

Rival Nevada? Well that is putting it rather nicely for Nevada! That place has been dying a slow death for a while, not too many people who visit there anymore.

Toh Sang hotel for me.

It's greatest selling point or attraction is that it is a short walk from the 'N Joy Pub :)

The new complex is called Sunee Grand Hotel and City Mall. Do a search, there is a fair bit of info online about it. There are also other malls starting to take shape in Ubon as well.

I was told there's an even newer and bigger place than Sunee, but now looking at the search you recommended, they must have been mistaken. I don't know about Nevada, to me all of Ubon looks kind of rundown and shoddy, it's hard to point out Nevada as any worse than anywhere else. Btw, it was of great interest to my gf as we drove around the US the last few weeks as we entered the state of nevada and montana, both of which she thought were just hotels in Ubon! :)

Yes, they amaze, I took my new wife at the time to seaworld, whilst viewing the mangrove/wetlands exhibit she spotted a big crab, wat he eat? was the question, rather than explain crustaceans, I said prawns & oysters,to which she replied He eat expensive! bueatiful.

regards songhklasid

Yes, they amaze, I took my new wife at the time to seaworld, whilst viewing the mangrove/wetlands exhibit she spotted a big crab, wat he eat? was the question, rather than explain crustaceans, I said prawns & oysters,to which she replied He eat expensive! bueatiful.

regards songhklasid

:) Yeah, sao isaan seem to approach animal-viewing from the gastronomical perspective. I took her to the san diego zoo but she enjoyed the wild ducks roaming around more than the actual resident animals! 'why nobody eat them?'