Deposed Thai Premier Thaksin Now In Montenegro

george

"POOR DEVIL"....... hopefully literally speaking............... He must be drawing all of his hidden accounts down alot - with all of his relocating, and will soon be "poor" (as the poor in Thailand who he cheated out of a better life)............. Wouldn't that be a fitting end of the story?????????????

I would think twice before I would say Taksin cheated the poor, as he did help them indeed. Why do you think all the protests are for now in Bangkok???

2,000 THB

Edited by Tony121

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"POOR DEVIL"....... hopefully literally speaking............... He must be drawing all of his hidden accounts down alot - with all of his relocating, and will soon be "poor" (as the poor in Thailand who he cheated out of a better life)............. Wouldn't that be a fitting end of the story?????????????

I would think twice before I would say Taksin cheated the poor, as he did help them indeed. Why do you think all the protests are for now in Bangkok???

Oh ... please ... where have you been for the past month. In a hole somewhere? Certainly not reading anything on here!

Thaksin cheated and conned the poor farmers. They just don't know it.

AND ... they aren't ALL here. A very small percentage are here. Even though they were given a helping hand to get here. There are also plenty of relatives of poor farmers in Bangkok. How many of them went to the protests?

When was an arrest warrant issued for Thailand ?

Doesn't he have a 2 year jail sentence hanging over him? The only way they can get him here for that is to arrest him. Therefore, there would probably be an arrest warrant.

Did you mean an arrest warrant was issued for Thaksin ?

Yes. Is that incorrect?

Well I am not claiming to be from Montenegro-I AM FROM MONTENEGRO-northern part of it to be precise.If there is any of you who speaks Montenegrin(Crnogorski),Serbian(Srpski),Bosnian(Bosanski) ili Croatian(Hrvatski) I will be glad to prove my words.It is basicly all the same language.

:) to a new poster.

And the question we have for you, on all our lips, is do you have trolls in Montenegro ? :D

4) Why would Montenegro bother asking USA and EU about who they can and can not give citizenship to.

Becouse we have problems of our own and our main goals are to join NATO and EU as soon as possible.In order to do so we must follow USA and EU policies.For example-we sent unit to Avganistan,recognized independence of Kosovo thus coming to great diplomatic conflict with Serbia...We really had no need to do this things if we werent told to do so.I dont say that we must do anything,but it is wise to follow them for now.

Thus,I am sure that goverment consulted EU and USA prior allowing Taksin to gain our citizenship,becouse it was not ussual thing to do and it can have,well,even global consequences.Not something that little countries should normally be bothered with.

I dont know who started initiative.Maybe Taksin consider to spend big amount of money in Montenegro and thats the reason why he got our passport?Who knows-but one thing is for sure-either way,EU and USA were consulted by our goverment and gave their oppinion,I can allmost guarantee that.

:D

I can almost guarantee you're full of <deleted>.

:)

What is this Three Card Monte?

Keep hiding the truth until the sucker picks the wrong ace again?

Always have a few lucky appearing shills around the game too of course.

Hey Monte, follow the money, follow the money.

Thaksin has enough to bribe most ANY one of your bureaucrats handsomely.

And that is a way of life here, so no doubt he TRIED that early on.

Voila, citizen Thaksin

Well I am not claiming to be from Montenegro-I AM FROM MONTENEGRO-northern part of it to be precise.If there is any of you who speaks Montenegrin(Crnogorski),Serbian(Srpski),Bosnian(Bosanski) ili Croatian(Hrvatski) I will be glad to prove my words.It is basicly all the same language.

Hills behind Shinavatra on that picture are called Orjen and Rumija,btw.

I dont know,it seems to me that Sinavtras arguments are not that bad and no it is not translated to Montenegrin-I read it on internet(BBC profile of Sinavatra among others).

You also claimed you did a search for Sinavatra

and found this forum...

except that is not a spelling EVER used on this forum except by YOU...

And the only reference to Sinavatra is YOUR posts here now.

4 pages later on Bangkok Post ref,

and the next Thaivisa reference is.... is.... SEVEN 7 pages later.

After a long list of local sites he clearly has been PR blitzing his version of reality to.

He does have a well oiled PR machine... to bad it doesn't work well in Thailand anymore.

So how do you explain your sudden delight in defending Thaksin here?

And you heartfelt touchiness at being told other than what you want to post about?

And considering all that how can we think you are anything but another

PR blitzed believer of his spurious rantings?

Sinavatra and TVF found on google; my left hemorrhoid it was... PR. BS. IMHO

I dont know,it seems to me that Sinavtras arguments are not that bad and no it is not translated to Montenegrin-I read it on internet(BBC profile of Sinavatra among others).

and found this forum...

don't get your paranoia spoiled by reality.

the spelling Sinavatra came up a couple of times in the now closed topic Deposed Thai Premier Thaksin Spotted In Montenegro

anyway, nice way to say hello. so our new member can quickly find out to who he can listen to, who he should ignore and who provides unintended entertainment to laugh about.

Hi,

I am from Montenegro and searching Google for Sinavatra I found this forum :D .

Two things confuse me.

First,It is obvious that he has people behind him,he won every elections fair and square.

I mean,you overthrown him by coup d'etat,than his allies won elections organized by military junta,you then overthrow his allies and installed government that has less than 35% of support and you are talking about democracy?!I dont understand why dont your goverment organize elections and win if they have people support.If not-they shoud not be goverment,dont you agree?

Secondly,you are calling him criminal based on conviction that has clear political background and issue warrant for his arrest that is not recognized by Interpol :D

Sorry,but strange things are going on.

p.s. my country surely didnt give him citizenship entirely on its on.We certainly didnt do this without asking USA and EU,because although we are not formally members of NATO and EU we follow their policies thoroughly.With our passport he do not need visa to enter EU countries,so it would be interesting to see what would happen if he tries to do that :)

Also,our law does not permit dual-citizenship except in special cases when national interests are at stake.

Dobrodosao :D. I guess none here noticed I am from MNE too xD.

4) Why would Montenegro bother asking USA and EU about who they can and can not give citizenship to.

Becouse we have problems of our own and our main goals are to join NATO and EU as soon as possible.In order to do so we must follow USA and EU policies.For example-we sent unit to Avganistan,recognized independence of Kosovo thus coming to great diplomatic conflict with Serbia...We really had no need to do this things if we werent told to do so.I dont say that we must do anything,but it is wise to follow them for now.

Thus,I am sure that goverment consulted EU and USA prior allowing Taksin to gain our citizenship,becouse it was not ussual thing to do and it can have,well,even global consequences.Not something that little countries should normally be bothered with.

I dont know who started initiative.Maybe Taksin consider to spend big amount of money in Montenegro and thats the reason why he got our passport?Who knows-but one thing is for sure-either way,EU and USA were consulted by our goverment and gave their oppinion,I can allmost guarantee that.

OK. That makes some sense.

Thaksin is probably not on some war-crimes list that stops people from going anywhere.

Thaskin is not in Interpol list (it was denied as it was thought that request for putting Thaksin on that list was politicly, not real). That's why he can go anywhere. Also our Ministry of Foreign Affairs stated that if Thaksin plans to do anything against Thai Government from Montenegro, that Montenegro wouldn't allow him, and will inform Thai Government of his moving if he is in the country, which Thai is requesting from all the countries.

and found this forum...

don't get your paranoia spoiled by reality.

the spelling Sinavatra came up a couple of times in the now closed topic Deposed Thai Premier Thaksin Spotted In Montenegro

anyway, nice way to say hello. so our new member can quickly find out to who he can listen to, who he should ignore and who provides unintended entertainment to laugh about.

Yes the very posts HE started dropping that name into.

Thanks for inadvertently making my point for me nudjen...

So I believe he was directed to this site to plug Thaksin.

Welcome join the merry band Monte.

and found this forum...

and the next Thaivisa reference is.... is.... SEVEN 7 pages later.

After a long list of local sites he clearly has been PR blitzing his version of reality to.

He does have a well oiled PR machine... to bad it doesn't work well in Thailand anymore.

So how do you explain your sudden delight in defending Thaksin here?

And you heartfelt touchiness at being told other than what you want to post about?

Originally I thought he said searching for Frank Sinatra. :)

Instead of talking nonsense you should realize that in my language his name is spelled Taksin Sinavatra and I hoped you understand who I was talking about.If not,sorry-I will start calling him Thaksin Shinawatra(unnecesary waist of to many letters :D ).

When I looked for him on internet,off course that I searched in English(try Shinawatra Montenegro Forum-I presumed that there is some disscusion board in English about him and thats how I ended up here).God,I feel like I am interrogated by KGB or something :)

Instead of talking nonsense you should realize that in my language his name is spelled Taksin Sinavatra and I hoped you understand who I was talking about.If not,sorry-I will start calling him Thaksin Shinawatra(unnecesary waist of to many letters :D ).

When I looked for him on internet,off course that I searched in English(try Shinawatra Montenegro Forum-I presumed that there is some disscusion board in English about him and thats how I ended up here).God,I feel like I am interrogated by KGB or something :)

Good save, maybe...

Of course you said a different name,

and it just didn't come up on Google like you said.

Bear in mind then it often feels like the Thaksin has hired Ex KGB types

to try mind control on the TVF members too, so newbies get a bit more scrutiny

when coming in wildly in favor of him....

Don't you find it curious that he has suddenly such a BIG presence in Montenegrin forums.

I really, really, doubt it's because he's just so interesting EVERY body there

wants to know ALL about him.

He's got too much money, has a big Public Relations team and loves to get his ego stroked.

I tell you-there is no way my goverment would give passport to Sinavatra if USA and EU said no.Do you have any other logical explanation why we gave him passport.Maybe he gave money for it,but then why Montenegro and not some other country?However,if USA and especialy EU said no,there is no way he could get our passport.I am serious!

Well, I guess they're looking for a clarification now:

//link to Bangkok Post deleted//

pls read posting guidelines

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/News-Clippin...es-t327489.html

Thai Visa is an English language forum. Please post in English. Posts in other languages will be arbitrarily removed.

(Except for the Thai Language section.)

Sorry,just wanted to say hi to my countryman ICE and asked him if he lives in Tajland.

I will write strictly in English from now on.

@animatic

For some reason I cant post direct links,but type cafe montenegro forum taksin,and you will see that he got considerable attention on MNE forums.

Thai Visa is an English language forum. Please post in English. Posts in other languages will be arbitrarily removed.

(Except for the Thai Language section.)

Sorry,just wanted to say hi to my countryman ICE and asked him if he lives in Tajland.

I will write strictly in English from now on.

@animatic

For some reason I cant post direct links,but type cafe montenegro forum taksin,and you will see that he got considerable attention on MNE forums.

Of course he get considerable attention on your forums, the guy is filthy rich. Consider for a second that most of his fortune was allegedly amassed during his time in office by making sure a considerable amount of government funds went to his companies. At the same time he made small handouts to the poor and ignorant people who don't know any better than to see him as a generous giver.

Edited by Phil Conners

As far as I understand, he is reputed to have not only a passport and citizenship in Montenegro, but also in Nicaragua, Central America, from his pal, Daniel Ortega, who seems to have a similar value system as that of Thaksin.

Additionally, it is reasonable to assume that he has a number of other "banana Republic" type passports from other similarly situated such countries that he acquired from his vast "investment" activities in those countries.

I doubt he is at a loss for friendly places to hang out and drink coffee and eat cake at 5 star hotels....

I tell you-there is no way my goverment would give passport to Sinavatra if USA and EU said no.Do you have any other logical explanation why we gave him passport.Maybe he gave money for it,but then why Montenegro and not some other country?However,if USA and especialy EU said no,there is no way he could get our passport.I am serious!

Well, I guess they're looking for a clarification now:

//link deleted//

Great.

"we will take the matter under advisement." as someone said in comments will be the most likely answer.

You may think whatever you like,but we did not give him passport without approval from EU.There is no doubt about that.We have visa-free travel to EU and you dont seriously think that we would risk it over Thaksin?

Montenegrin : Visa free travel would not be unduly compromised by the Sovereign State of Montenegro providing a diplomatic or traditional passport to a national of another country.

You have endeavored to ask a number of questions, a few of which I'll attempt to answer.

Khun Thaksin was under investigation and subject to trail before becoming Prime Minister first time in 2001. In that case, he called his actions 'an honest mistake' [which some might view as an acknowledgment of guilt] and we now know, because some the Judges have stated publicly that they decided that his electoral majority should be considered in his favour. They therefore acquitted him so he could continue as elected PM.

During his period in office a number of events occurred @2,500 people killed during a self described 'war on drugs', a prominent human rights lawyer disappeared off a street and is believed to have been murdered, probably by members of the Police. [note both PM Thaksin, and his deputy expressed that this was the most likely reality]. This along with actions resulting in deaths in the south of Thailand, led to a position where the actions of the security services was given latitude by silence [at best] or deliberate encouragement [at worst]. The point here is that a state can and often does reflect the moral compass of the Head of Government.

Further, Khun Thakisn returned to Thailand after the coup and attended the trail. However, he asked and was given bail to attend the opening of the Olympics in Beijing, from which he never returned, hence the description of his being sentenced in absentia, not tried in absentia which some people mistake this for.

More recently, as you noted a PM [Khun Samak] was disbarred owing to his hosting a cooking show [for payment]. The late Samak had also been found guilty of offences which would prevent him from being the PM, however these matters were still under appeal [having already lost at least one appeal hearing] and after his death the cases did not proceed. In other words the cooking show issue was the least of the issues he had. One last point here, the law is very clear, the Prime Minister may not accept payment for services whilst serving the country. I don't know if this translates well, but the court view was that his position was like being a little bit pregnant. Equally, can it be reasonable that the PM of the country openly and deliberately flouts the law of the land, whilst being, in principal the centre of such authority?

On another point, the parliamentary system here works on the election of the PM by the house of representatives, as is the case in many representative democracies. In most cases people don't see it, since the largest party or group appoints the head of the largest party to be PM and the vote is a formality. The process is described as first among equals.

Lastly, Khun Thaksin has never argued the legal basis for his conviction, though he has argued the court was biased against him [Note the positive bias shown in 2001].

Hope these pointers help in you ascertaining more about Khun Thaksin and his time in office.

Regards

Montenegrin : Visa free travel would not be unduly compromised by the Sovereign State of Montenegro providing a diplomatic or traditional passport to a national of another country.

You have endeavored to ask a number of questions, a few of which I'll attempt to answer.

Khun Thaksin was under investigation and subject to trail before becoming Prime Minister first time in 2001. In that case, he called his actions 'an honest mistake' [which some might view as an acknowledgment of guilt] and we now know, because some the Judges have stated publicly that they decided that his electoral majority should be considered in his favour. They therefore acquitted him so he could continue as elected PM.

During his period in office a number of events occurred @2,500 people killed during a self described 'war on drugs', a prominent human rights lawyer disappeared off a street and is believed to have been murdered, probably by members of the Police. [note both PM Thaksin, and his deputy expressed that this was the most likely reality]. This along with actions resulting in deaths in the south of Thailand, led to a position where the actions of the security services was given latitude by silence [at best] or deliberate encouragement [at worst]. The point here is that a state can and often does reflect the moral compass of the Head of Government.

Further, Khun Thakisn returned to Thailand after the coup and attended the trail. However, he asked and was given bail to attend the opening of the Olympics in Beijing, from which he never returned, hence the description of his being sentenced in absentia, not tried in absentia which some people mistake this for.

More recently, as you noted a PM [Khun Samak] was disbarred owing to his hosting a cooking show [for payment]. The late Samak had also been found guilty of offences which would prevent him from being the PM, however these matters were still under appeal [having already lost at least one appeal hearing] and after his death the cases did not proceed. In other words the cooking show issue was the least of the issues he had. One last point here, the law is very clear, the Prime Minister may not accept payment for services whilst serving the country. I don't know if this translates well, but the court view was that his position was like being a little bit pregnant. Equally, can it be reasonable that the PM of the country openly and deliberately flouts the law of the land, whilst being, in principal the centre of such authority?

On another point, the parliamentary system here works on the election of the PM by the house of representatives, as is the case in many representative democracies. In most cases people don't see it, since the largest party or group appoints the head of the largest party to be PM and the vote is a formality. The process is described as first among equals.

Lastly, Khun Thaksin has never argued the legal basis for his conviction, though he has argued the court was biased against him [Note the positive bias shown in 2001].

Hope these pointers help in you ascertaining more about Khun Thaksin and his time in office.

Regards

Excellent and very informative post .... thanks

Does anyone ever wonder if Thaksin is reading this forum? Most likely he is. :)

I think he sometimes makes posts. :D

I've only paid attention to his last two called pep talks he gave the reads. Based on that, even the worst trolls here on TV are too coherent to be him.

Edited by shawndoc

Regards

Excelent post....

I do with you would have included Khunying Pojaman however....his wife of many years, who was really the power broker behind Khun Thaskin...was sentenced to 3 years in Jail for tax evasion just before his conviction. Her attornies (also relitives) were sent directly to jail from the courthouse after trying to give a candy box with 2,000,000 baht to the judge hearing her case. Then was disbared.

Oh and lest we forget he just lost another case for abuse of power and had 40 billion baht forfeited to the government.

So you can see what a upstanding family we have here :) All just devoted to the poor under privliged and down trodden Issan people.

So if you do not find a lot of simpathy for him here, there are reasons that go back many years.