No Vehicle Identification Number?

JusMe

This is such a simple question I'm almost embarrassed to ask.

I've had my Yamaha Nouvo Elegance for about six months now, and love riding about. Did the nice slow break in, and keep all maintenance current.

I could ask at the dealer's, but I'd forget again, so I'll embarrass myself and ask here.

I've got the Key Identification Number, and the Engine Serial Number recorded - no problem.

But for the life of me, I cannot find the Vehicle Identification Number. The attached little picture shows where it *should* be, but I've got nothing there that I can see. Searched inside the rubber covering, around the edges, but still can't find that number.

Anyone help a silly ol' fart?

post-77830-1268890327_thumb.png

odd position for VIN. land transport department needed tools to check it when I transfered a Nouvo Elegance. Ting tong yammaha they said :)

You mean they had to unbolt that rear bracket? The one people hang onto, or we tie things to?

I notice there are the four bolts holding it, but I figured somehow the number would be more accessible than having to take bolts and a bracket off to find the number.

Maybe it's somewhere in the Thai in my green registration book. I notice the engine serial number is in there.

odd position for VIN. land transport department needed tools to check it when I transfered a Nouvo Elegance. Ting tong yammaha they said :)

You mean they had to unbolt that rear bracket? The one people hang onto, or we tie things to?

I notice there are the four bolts holding it, but I figured somehow the number would be more accessible than having to take bolts and a bracket off to find the number.

Maybe it's somewhere in the Thai in my green registration book. I notice the engine serial number is in there.

I dont recall what they removed, but at least the bracket. VIN code is in your green book, usually same last digits as your engine number

I dont recall what they removed, but at least the bracket. VIN code is in your green book, usually same last digits as your engine number

Curious. Don't think it's identifying self by posting this info (mods disagree, just delete) but my green book shows the Engine Serial Number as 5P0-536622 and there's another number in there, with of course Thai designation, 5PO600. Maybe that's the vehicle identification number?

Might just put a little note to myself inside there so I can ask the dealer to check next time I'm in for service. Really don't want to bother taking those bolts off myself. :)

Is that a second or only one ??

I belive its only one on these inexpensive scoots. at least thats the one LTD checks

and to ad to the list, TMax, Suz Burgman. Just to hard to find them on the neck with all those plasticpanels. Bikes arent what they used to be