Visa Runs

Thanks dr Pat Pong for your answer to my query,it's a big relief as I am returning to Thailand at the end of this month to visit a relative who is comming up to their 6th visa run and thought they were going to have to return to UK for 6mths before returning, leaving me in Thailand with my triple entry visa to my own devices for most of my 7-8 mths stay in the Kingdom. Thanks yet again.

Dr. Pat Pong. It seems that you were pretty casual in your response. From what you have written previously, I expected you to tell Roger that his days are numbered. Does this mean that the impending end to the 'walkers' is no longer a truth? Was it all just a lot of talk? Or maybe the government reconsidered? Are you bascially saying that there is no longer any problem with those who stay for long periods on 30 day stamps?

I'm on a non-im myself, but its still been an interesting topic for me to follow as I do have friends who are bending the rules.

I'm interested in this subject too, as on a trip to Laos last week I met an Australian who said that as of January 2004 anyone with 6 consecutive VOA's or 2 consecutive 60-day tourist visas (plus the one month extension at the immigration department) will not not be permitted re-entry for a period of six months. The man I spoke to claimed to have read this on a website called something like "asia-trading".

I'm interested in this subject too, as on a trip to Laos last week I met an Australian who said that as of January 2004 anyone with 6 consecutive VOA's or 2 consecutive 60-day tourist visas (plus the one month extension at the immigration department) will not not be permitted re-entry for a period of six months. The man I spoke to claimed to have read this on a website called something like "asia-trading".

There is no fixed rules! The Immigration officer in charge at your entry point are not likely to deny you entry.

Things will change, what we believe, in July next year. Better go for a long term visa, either multiple entry or make an extension to an existing NON visa.

To enter Thailand with consecutive 30 days entry stamps is not good, there is heavy talk about to limit the visa free entry to 15 days beacuse of feared misuse by long term "non tourists"..

Thanks to everyone for their input to my query. It seems to be the case at the moment that it is all a bit vague and depends which border you go to and the discression of the particular immigration officer at the time. I'm sure we would all like to stay in L O S for as long as possible and be legal. Maybe things will become clearer when new regulations come into force in July 2004.