Reds In Cm

Donnyboy

donneyboy.

re .... about 100 redshirts on motorbikes tuktuks.

i know your only reporting what youve read .... but .... this is what i saw !

ive been keeping an eye on red shirt hq for over a week to see what was happening and in the last few days the activity / red shirts / food vendors / shirt sellers etc has dropped off a lot ... so much so that its almost deserted !

i was surprised when this noisy horn blowing / shouting / chanting / whistle blowing / hand clapper waving lot arrived at chiang mai gate ( see pics 1, 2 , 3 ) yesterday morning .

they seemed to be very organised with marshals / stewards with walkie talkies in the front , middle and back and headed off towards thapae gate so i went round the back sois to moonmuang road to get some more / better pictures ( see pics 4 , 5 ) and they stopped again opposite loi kroh road let to the back catch up and headed off towards thapae gate.

i didnt count the people but with many twos on bikes , fours in tuk tuks , four to six in cars / trucks , 4 x 4s etc i think there were more than a hundred of them

im only reporting what i saw here .... nothing more !

dave2

It has been a huge relief to see such peaceful - though at times rather odd! - protests. This is definitely the way forward, let's hope all sides keep their cool. p.

AGREE..... :D ...chucking some blood is one thing .......but spilling it :)

Lets have an Election.....ASAP

almost forgot..... we hiv one coming up as well.... :D

My only regret on hearing this is that Thaksin was not inside "trussed up" so he could feel the pain.

They should start a "green shirt" movement with the stated goal of elimiating this family form the worl.

The time will come...

Hitler has gone

Amin has gone

Pinochet has gone

Arafat has gone

Ceauşescu has gone

Pol Pot has gone

The TV cooking show PM has gone

None are immortal

Does Thaksin think he is (immortal) well a 9mm slug wil prove him wrong :)

He was responsible for the deaths of more than 3,000 people why should he be the one left standing.

Get him "offed" or back to the realm to face a firing squad. Treason is still a crime on the Thai statutes punishible by death by firing squad.

Why are they dicking around wirh this despot. Off him and "problem solved" once and for all. :D

I don't get this fixation on Abhisit anymore than I get a fixation on Thaksin.. Seriously.

Call yourself an expat? Call yourself an old Asia hand? You can't even call yourself a farang until you've taken sides in this dispute!

Get out and buy your shirt NOW. :)

Edited by sceadugenga

I don't get this fixation on Abhisit anymore than I get a fixation on Thaksin.. Seriously.

Call yourself an expat? Call yourself an old Asia hand? You can't even call yourself a farang until you've taken sides in this dispute!

Get out and buy your shirt NOW. :D

:D Right, good point.

Just in case someone took my statement as not having an opinion, or not caring either way. That's not the case at all. I believe there are FAR bigger forces in play than Abhisit or Thaksin. They're squabbling about the day-to-day of who gets to take care of the shop. That was kind of where I was going with not understanding either praising either one of them sky-high, or vilifying one or the other.

I've sent some of the more reasonable people above a PM.

It's hard to have a wider discussion. Especially when there's characters like one or two above, not getting much further than comparing someone to Attila the Hun and then suggesting he should get shot, typically right after blaming the red shirts for advocating violence. :)

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

Oh no, am flying to Chiang Mai from Bangkok today. Was hoping to escape the traffic-stopping zombies but it sounds like it's the same situation up there.

I don't think a hundred protestors in CM are gonna affect the traffic that bad!