What Is Your Budget In Thailand?

kevbomac05

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

living in a bedroom, and riding around on a moped. is not the life i want to live.

Exactly!

so say for a 18 year old who just wants to stay in a basic cheap apartmant or cheap hostels and doesent party muc

and rent a moped every now and then

it should be pretty cheap?

living in a bedroom, and riding around on a moped. is not the life i want to live.

Exactly!

= seen from a personal perspective! i know a few retired german chaps from my times as a tourist who are quite happy to live in a 3,000 Baht studio with their faithful thai partners, driving around on a moped and know each and every possibility how to make ends meet. in my home country they would lead a miserable life compared to their life in Thailand. i also assume that this does apply to other nationalities.

a Monthly 30,000 Baht-. in Thailand is perfect for a single person like me. What's all the fuss about? Lol This includes entertainment fees, drinking and eating out. :)

the fuss is that not everybody is "you".

you may need to elaborate for us to help please.there is help out there and understanding. :)

I am not always who i am.

Naam, you really do love a good spend up! Good on you my mush, keeps the wheels turning.

a Monthly 30,000 Baht-. in Thailand is perfect for a single person like me. What's all the fuss about? Lol This includes entertainment fees, drinking and eating out. :)

the fuss is that not everybody is "you".

I have a monthly income of 500.000THB. I have 5 Bedroom and 3 Bathroom Park view Penthouse where i do live with 3 of the most beautiful Nana Girls all year long in a 5m x 5m waterbed. I also have a 3.000cm FullHD TV hooked up on a 18.1 Souround Sound and the new Playstation 5000.
LOL. And a gardener that speaks 23 languages, a few extra terrestrial languages excluded + hyperbraggard Gibberish (not to mention the fact that the missus received the nobel prize eight days per week!? :D

Wait, wait, dont tell me she's an anthropologist as well..? :D

However, I live on the bottom of a lake, and I work 28/hours day, eating a fistfull of cold gravel etc. etc....you get the picture. :)

:D :D :D

you were lucky.!!......and tell that to kids today and they won't believe ya.................

I live near Carrefour in Ratchada:

Rent 12,000 / month

Internet 600 / month

Electric 1200 / month

Water 200 / month

The restaurants around here are great, so eat for 200 baht a day for loads of food = 6000 / month

What's that, erm, 20,000 baht for the main stuff - and 10,000 left to do whatever (I try and stick to 30,000 a month, just because it seems like a nice round number :))

Rent 12,000 / month

Internet 600 / month

Electric 1200 / month

Water 200 / month

The restaurants around here are great, so eat for 200 baht a day for loads of food = 6000 / month

What's that, erm, 20,000 baht for the main stuff - and 10,000 left to do whatever (I try and stick to 30,000 a month, just because it seems like a nice round number :D)

you teach where,oh sorry I do apologise why. get a life man some of us have to live here and survive. :)

I have a monthly income of 500.000THB. I have 5 Bedroom and 3 Bathroom Park view Penthouse where i do live with 3 of the most beautiful Nana Girls all year long in a 5m x 5m waterbed. I also have a 3.000cm FullHD TV hooked up on a 18.1 Souround Sound and the new Playstation 5000.

.....shit, i just woken up in my cockroached apartment. I guess a Nana Girl had me drugged yesterday with Xana.

Folks, it really doesn't matter how much money you have and where you come from. Just be a good buddy to your friends and family.

Well said.

Rent 12,000 / month

Internet 600 / month

Electric 1200 / month

Water 200 / month

What's that, erm, 20,000 baht for the main stuff - and 10,000 left to do whatever (I try and stick to 30,000 a month, just because it seems like a nice round number :D)

you teach where,oh sorry I do apologise why. get a life man some of us have to live here and survive. :)

What are you talking about? I don't teach. I go back to England twice a year, do some contract work then come back out here and live off the money.

Why the attitude?

Once the house and cars are paid off this will drop, except for the school fees.

But than u will be 80 years old, divorced, and your kids somewhere in a foreign university.

Hahahahaha!!! :):D

Edited by Lammbock

Well, we (wife and myself) live in Sukhumvit. Rent was 105,000/month until a year ago and now it's 125,000 a month (excluding electricity charges)

I really don't calculate this too often but it seems like we spend around 250 - 300,000 a month total.

I guess that would be on the lower price range of rentals in sukhumvit area and only having 175000 left after rent you must find it hard to afford a good night out.

Dont think i could live in a slum area,with dirt cheap houses.

I spend when i need too,enough info for you people.

you may need to elaborate for us to help please.there is help out there and understanding. :)

i have lived in a room and used a moped to get around, it can be fun for a short time. with not a care in the world

but how long can you live like that.

I was discussing this topic with a friend last night and we both came up with very similar numbers, we're both married to Thai's and don't have children and have lived in Phuket for some years, neither of us do the bar scene etc., we live well, do grocery shopping at Tesco/Carfoo (sp) and similar, both own cars and both have sports/fitness memberships of some kind. Monthly living costs including all factors excluding rent and vacations, between Baht 50,000 and 55,000 a month.

Yep, pretty much the same as that. All my infrastructure spending (about 8 million) was done at 75.75 to the quid. Now it's time to chill and watch the recession amongst my orchids. I keep costs as practicably low annd sensible as possible. Got the ropiest moped in the village too, but it does have character.

ive got 2million in my bank, but i use 10,000 a month, which includes rent,power, internet as well. ya feel me?

i live in the city aswell. ya feel me?

ive got moped but do not wish to own a car. ya feel me?

Once the house and cars are paid off this will drop, except for the school fees.

But than u will be 80 years old, divorced, and your kids somewhere in a foreign university.

Hahahahaha!!! :):D

In fact the house will be paid off in 5 more years. You are correct that the kids will go to a foreign university in either Australia or UK as they have 3 passports. I reckon my last day of work will be around my 50th birthday. Sabai sabai. I was actually flat broke 7 years ago.

ive got 2million in my bank, but i use 10,000 a month, which includes rent,power, internet as well. ya feel me?

ya i feel you, 10,000 a month how do you live on that?

I've felt you on three occassions.

Not Bangkok you're riding around that moped on I hope, if so be careful mate :).

It's possible, if you do it, the Thai way...

To be realistic you can live on what ever you'v got. You will get the fat wallet guy's frightening you off who want to live like millionaires in LOS but take no notoce. If you have little cash then the north east is for you but if cash is no problem then take your pick. :)

North in general, Chiang Mai and Chiang Rai are exceptionally cheap as well.

Im pretty sure anybody who arrives in Bangkok realises it's possible to spend vast sums of money here. It aint big and it aint clever.

Kudos goes to those who are happy here and spend the least amount of money! In other words, have integrated somewhat with the majority of Thai people!

Now if i sold my motorbike, i could buy a paramotor, but the rainy season is coming.. what a dilemma! - then again, I could die flying, but then again i could die on my bike... choices choices.

I used to live on about 15 - 20,000 a month, but then the wife went behind my back and bought a new car on finance, now of course she realises that she actually has to find 7,000 extra a month, for the next 6 years. Silly bitch. She did explain to me that she couldnt sell it, - because... what would the neighbours say!

Edited by whiterussian

Well i don't have a budget, no idea how much i spend per month.

What i do know is that i spend less than i earn so as long it stays that way i do not feel the need to count.

I came here for a "ben Gunn style" Life changing experience. Slowly but surely I have made my life a little more comfortable but I still am spending a fraction of what I used to pay in tax on a monthly basis. I love the simplicity of life here and don't feel the need for conspicuous consumption that I used to induldge in. I've been teaching here nearly 4 years and with the odd exception that covers most of my expenditure. Sometimes I have surplus sometimes I dip into UK funds. As long as the well is not empty, everything is cushdy.

Of course I am single and not into the bar stuff so golf and graduate study are my main luxury spends. If I lived near the seedy sides I would doubtless get seduced more often and doubt the teaching monies would cover it all. Well would take a hit. But I chose to live here and still enjoy it. Horses for courses...

By not drinking or smoking. Easily.

Well, we (wife and myself) live in Sukhumvit. Rent was 105,000/month until a year ago and now it's 125,000 a month (excluding electricity charges)

I really don't calculate this too often but it seems like we spend around 250 - 300,000 a month total.

You spend 5,000-6,000GBP per month in Thailand....yeah i'm sure you do.... :)