A Warning About Stun Guns

LennyW

Is it an indication that people in Pattaya are more likely to buy stun guns, hence this topic is in the Pattaya Forum??? :)

No. It's an indication that the OP who saw this report lives in Pattaya.

I heard the same report on the radio when I was visiting my folks about 15 miles from Aberdeen. I was thinking on posting about it in the General forum. Then the sun came out so I f*cked off TV and went shopping!

They can be bought in Bangkok as well as Pattaya you know... just like hookers.

I wonder if he had tattoos?

And a shaved head?

BTW, throwing stars are easily made with some scrap metal and basic tools...

Also a simple 'stun gun' can be built from a car's ignition coil, a suitable battery and some very simple electronics; however the average thug's IQ does not run to such things as does their ability to fabric a throwing star.

I understand the heavy enforcement is to attempt to reduce the amount that 'they' miss being imported.

Why post this in the Pattaya forum? The streets of Pattaya are full of stalls selling such things because tourists buy them as there are copied DVDs etc. In my local market (Issan) I can't recall even seeing them, they sell big knives and axes - the farming folk buy them.

Shame the UK border control is not as fussy when it comes to people.......

Can't get an electrical tennis racket in the country but a person who can't speak english, no job, no skills to offer and claims benfits from the government can enter no problem...........................funny !!

This example only reminds me again why I am no longer in the UK.

Edited by loader80

Is it an indication that people in Pattaya are more likely to buy stun guns, hence this topic is in the Pattaya Forum??? :)

I heard the same report on the radio when I was visiting my folks about 15 miles from Aberdeen. I was thinking on posting about it in the General forum. Then the sun came out so I f*cked off TV and went shopping!

And a shaved head?

A few reasons why i posted this in the Pattaya forum, yes i live in Pattaya, i come from the Aberdeen area, i know the said items are readily available here in Pattaya, i know an awful lot of people here (Pattaya) from Aberdeen just now, and i know an awful lot of Aberdeen guys that travel here more or less every time they are home from offshore!

If it saves any Aberdonian lads in Pattaya from getting nabbed at ABZ - job done! :D

Edited by LennyW

Maybe they should ban kitchen knifes next.... one of the reasons i left Europe.... people don't realize what a 'police state' it really is ... For Gods sake, you need a license for a dog, !!

Dog licenses were scrapped in the UK in 1987.

Still required in Northern Ireland though.

Maybe they should ban kitchen knifes next.... one of the reasons i left Europe.... people don't realize what a 'police state' it really is ... For Gods sake, you need a license for a dog, !!

They were 37 pence. Reduced from 37.5 pence in 1984 following the withdrawal of the 1/2 pence piece.

Can't get an electrical tennis racket in the country but a person who can't speak english, no job, no skills to offer and claims benfits from the government can enter no problem...........................funny !!

Oh dear. Does that mean you are over here now?

And a shaved head?

A few reasons why i posted this in the Pattaya forum, yes i live in Pattaya, i come from the Aberdeen area, i know the said items are readily available here in Pattaya, i know an awful lot of people here (Pattaya) from Aberdeen just now, and i know an awful lot of Aberdeen guys that travel here more or less every time they are home from offshore!

If it saves any Aberdonian lads in Pattaya from getting nabbed at ABZ - job done! :D

I figured it had to be something like that, which is why I left it here instead of moving it off somewhere else. :D

If it saves any Aberdonian lads in Pattaya from getting nabbed at ABZ - job done! :)

Very public spirited chiel! Altho' the tube that was lifted at ABZ was... frae the Broch after all.

As ma mither wud say, 'They're mair tae be pitied than scorned.'

as I said previously, the UKBA and pigs are all over the AMS-ABZ flights, or at least, they have been in my experience.

I think it's coz ABZ UKBA/pigs aren't exactly spoilt for choice for targets. there's only really LHR, AMS, CDG and maybe copenhagen that would have possible passengers connecting from asia or other long-haul destinations.

LHR passengers may have had their bags scanned in london beforehand too.

both times I've been stopped by the ABZ pigs have been bizzare to say the least - along the lines of:

pig: alright? how you doing?

game: not bad, yourself?

pig: fine thanks, can I have a look at your passport?

game: aye, no bother.

pig: you just coming back from work?

game: no, holiday.

pig: ok, where were you?

game: thailand.

pig: ok, good holiday?

game: yeah, fine thanks.

pig: how long were you away for?

game: about a month.

pig: you been in trouble with the police before?

game: no.

pig: ok, that's fine, have a good day.

no more questions, no bag checking, nothing.

:)

Oh dear. Does that mean you are over here now?

Hi,

I understand your question but in what context are you asking ?

If it is a serious question then yes I am over here and have been for sometime.

Thanks

Stun Guns are classified as a 'Prohibited Weapon' in Aust. Restricted Import in USA , but local manufacture is OK. Some States are Banning Taser even for Law Enforcement at this time.

UK , Japan , Scotland , & many Countries regard them as Firearms under the Weapons Acts & Customs Acts.

Irregardless , most Countries Prohibit Weapons being smuggled in.

Same applies for OC - Pepper Spray as it is a "disabling" Agent by the way NO Airline will Transport "pepper spray" under IATA . All by Ship & Road.

Malaysia & Singapore Instant Jail for bringing in any of the above. ISA (Internal Security Act ) allows for up to 2/3 years before charges heard

They were 37 pence. Reduced from 37.5 pence in 1984 following the withdrawal of the 1/2 pence piece.

That's about 115 quid in todays money then.

I may not be the smartest but idiot is a little strong..... having not lived in the UK for over 20yrs I had know idea that these were classed as firearms. This was my first ever offence..................... was remanded I think because I live abroad. I know that ignorance is no excuse but in this case thats what happened..

If it saves any Aberdonian lads in Pattaya from getting nabbed at ABZ - job done! :)

Very public spirited chiel! Altho' the tube that was lifted at ABZ was... frae the Broch after all.

As ma mither wud say, 'They're mair tae be pitied than scorned.'

aye the chiels fae the broch, or maybe could be one of the many lads bidin there noo, ye ken, the eens thats cum up fae sooth tae sell the crack and sh,,t, tae the young eens that dinna ken ony better, population in broch swelled by aboot 2000 eastern euros (courtesy of the uk govt handoots), an a few hunner soothies in he last 10 years, anyway farever he is he's still a sily b-gger

aye the chiels fae the broch, or maybe could be one of the many lads bidin there noo, ye ken, the eens thats cum up fae sooth tae sell the crack and sh,,t, tae the young eens that dinna ken ony better, population in broch swelled by aboot 2000 eastern euros (courtesy of the uk govt handoots), an a few hunner soothies in he last 10 years, anyway farever he is he's still a sily b-gger

heh min, I ken fit yir sayin but yil hae ti mine that nae abody here wull.

translation: excuse me sir, whilst I understand your dialect, you must remember that not everyone here will.

Feel Cheils, or Glaikit Loons - same same!

And please, no comments about Doric, English or whatever as it is widely known that the Best and most proper English is spoken in Inverness!

Bit jist nae fan am there! :)

Edited by LennyW

And a shaved head?

Have we met yet?

Possesion of any part of a firearm carries a mandatory five years, key word part, he is screwed, will spend some time on remand and will serve 2 to 3 of the five.

Edited by tatt2dude

as I said previously, the UKBA and pigs are all over the AMS-ABZ flights, or at least, they have been in my experience.

I think it's coz ABZ UKBA/pigs aren't exactly spoilt for choice for targets. there's only really LHR, AMS, CDG and maybe copenhagen that would have possible passengers connecting from asia or other long-haul destinations.

both times I've been stopped by the ABZ pigs have been bizzare to say the least - along the lines of:

Why refer to the Police as Pigs?

Why refer to the Police as Pigs?

?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_slang...police_officers

Pigs

This term was widespread during the 19th century, disappeared for a while, but reappeared during the 20th and 21st century. It became especially popular during the 1960s and 1970s in the underground hippie and anti-establishment culture.[5] It has also been used in anti-authoritarian punk and gangsta rap circles. Oz magazine showed a picture of a pig dressed as a policeman on a front cover.[6]

if you mean why do I use what could be considered as a derogatory term for the police then I do it partly in jest and partly coz - in my experience - grampian police are f*cking useless!!