Ninja 650r Safety Feature Thoughts

Guys,

Is it true that when the headlights are on, only one headlight is lit unless full beam is on?

If so, can it be wired so that both sides are on?

I would also like to know if it's possible to connect up the horn button to the full beam relay in some way?

So that if I buzz someone with the horn, it also flashes full beam?

I remember years ago on my old VW Golf I used a direct connection via relay from my headlights to the battery avoiding the headlight loom. Before the headlights only received 10.5v, after this mod the 12v they got made them bright as hel_l!

Matt.

Yes it is true that only one side illuminates unless the high beam is on, in which case both sides are activated. This is a common design in sport bikes. I read somewhere in the 650R thread that you can swap the parts from a bike that works as you desire it to, but not sure which bike.

I'm sure there is a way to wire the horn in with the high beam, but it would probably be fairly involved as both need more power beyond what each circuit currently uses.

But why would you want to? There is already a trigger on the left controls which flash the high beams. Just use that in conjunction with the horn.

3-19-20107-16-30PM.png

Maybe it's possible to hook the horn up to that switch? I dunno. I wouldn't trust any Thai mechanic with getting that right.

yepp, one low beam is right side, one high beam is left side. on high beam, both are lit. right side projector is for high beam only, so rewiring doesnt change high beam pattern right side. Member Huskydog is trying something out to get dual low and high. In daytime I ride with both lights lit

improving voltage to light bulbs by directsupply from battery controlled by realys is something I do on every new car I get if they dont come with HID/xenon. Usually increases from 12,7 to 14,2 volt, which is approx 35% brighter lights. However the Ninjas projectors are very small, and such an increase in power produces much heat. I would rather go for 35w xenon/HID to get brighter lights, or 55w to get much brighter lights with same heat as halogen 55w as is standard.

yepp, one low beam is right side, one high beam is left side. on high beam, both are lit. right side projector is for high beam only, so rewiring doesnt change high beam pattern right side. Member Huskydog is trying something out to get dual low and high. In daytime I ride with both lights lit

improving voltage to light bulbs by directsupply from battery controlled by realys is something I do on every new car I get if they dont come with HID/xenon. Usually increases from 12,7 to 14,2 volt, which is approx 35% brighter lights. However the Ninjas projectors are very small, and such an increase in power produces much heat. I would rather go for 35w xenon/HID to get brighter lights, or 55w to get much brighter lights with same heat as halogen 55w as is standard.

Yep i did exactly as you katabeachbum, when i got my kawasaki 750 when i first arrived here, i got a purpose well made quality relay kit from a chap in japan, http://www.easternbeaver.com/Main/Products/products.html his gear is not the cheapest but great service and quality, it suited my 750 as it has a single front light...i`ll be getting one of his handlebar switches to control my HID kit when i get it fitted..HD

Just an update on hid`s i`ve gone with the 35w xenon h7 kit, as i know the lights will be brighter than stock with these anyway(projectors), and like you, slightly concerned about the heat issues with 55w xenons (damage to the assembly in the long run is a concern) AND not forgetting why i wanted to change them was purely for 2 lit lights on low beam..HD

Edited by husskydog