One Step Up Alternative To Staying In A Guest House

ThailandLovr

We've been going to Jomtien Beach for a couple of years, staying anywhere from a few days to a couple of weeks. We would stay at the A&A Guest House on Soi 4(?) just off the beach road. It is clean and priced at only 450-500 baht/night.

But it isn't nice enough for me to want to stay there for a couple of weeks. I'd like to split my time two weeks upcountry, two weeks in Jomtien Beach, but my budget is not very large. Can anbody recomment a somewhat nicer hotel/resort just a bit more expensive, but still less than 1000 baht/night? Somewhere with a little relaxing patio area for example. More living space is not a concern. Small is fine.

Thanks.

Try RICHMAN POORMAN, TEQUILA BAR or POPPIES... all on Soi 9. Might even have some luck at a couple of nicer places on Soi 4- NIRVANA SUITES & NIRVANA COUTURE. Down the beach, after Soi Chaiyapreuk, you can check RS SEASIDE, the new BLUE HOUSE or DOLPHIN PLACE.

Good luck!

Any wisdom to renting a nice apartment or condo (complete with pool) for about 13,000 baht/month then leaving it sit empty half the time? Seems like a waste, but that's about the same cost as paying 1,000 baht/night for 2 weeks. Being right off the beach road isn't important but we'd want to be somewhat near people and the bustle of activity.

P.S. Thanks Chicken, Michael and Aitch. I'll check those out when we go for Songkran.

Edited by ThailandLovr

Check out Chef@Home, it's a relatively new boutique type hotel and restaurant. It's near Soi 5 in Jomtien. It's done up really nice and the staff is very good too. Sea view rooms are 1200 a night include 2 ABF and rear rooms are 900 a night with the ABF. Here's their site - http://www.chefathomepattaya.com/

Happened upon the place the other night and we stopped in for drinks, highly recommended!

Edited by kicking