Drowning On Chaweng Beach

don't get me wrong. people do not deserve to die because they are stupid if that was the case there would nb no one here. Don't get me wrong if i sore some one drowning i would not be contimplating to myslef if he or she knows the under toe and the rights and wrongs to decide weathere i shoudl save them. i would like most people react. The problem is that sometimes people do not use there brains and rely on rescue people to save them. then the rescue person gets caught up in the mess and goes down with the person.

Anyway as they say in Thailand up 2 u. If you want to help then help if u do not then do not. if u want to jump of a cliff then do if not then do not.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"i come from a country where we have a lot of (well, 35 per cent from the last elections) right-wing people remembering me of the nazis in germany back in 1938."

do u reckon that Hitler was really onto the search for the Holly Grail or was that proper bit of gander.

i herd that it was berried in Glastonbury where they have the rock festival. so with the technology now days maybe they could use some jcs and do some digging. i would put my hands up to be the first to drink from the cup.

shit dorry been swept off topic. been a long day i have completly forgetten what this forum is about. time for nap zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Edited by BigC

Maybe I don't get it but here's a person who had a horrible experience and who posts some rather sane posts with interesting questions and the only thing we can come up with is to blame him or her for his or hers own problem.

What can be done to make Chaweng beach safer, since each year people die there, mainly South from Centara and it's one of Samui's/Chaweng's best kept secrets.

Anybody some positive input and some ideas on how things on Chaweng beach can be improved? The only visible warning sign that I know of on the whole beach was in front of Malibu resort, but it's been over a year since I've been there and as the recent poster mentioned, the centara signs are all on Centara's premises and I can see the point that you don't necessarily go looking for them inside a resort.

Over to you.

Maybe I don't get it but here's a person who had a horrible experience and who posts some rather sane posts with interesting questions and the only thing we can come up with is to blame him or her for his or hers own problem.

What can be done to make Chaweng beach safer, since each year people die there, mainly South from Centara and it's one of Samui's/Chaweng's best kept secrets.

Anybody some positive input and some ideas on how things on Chaweng beach can be improved? The only visible warning sign that I know of on the whole beach was in front of Malibu resort, but it's been over a year since I've been there and as the recent poster mentioned, the centara signs are all on Centara's premises and I can see the point that you don't necessarily go looking for them inside a resort.

Over to you.

clap2.gifTotally agree. Replies to her were unecessarily aggressive and insensitive under the circumstances in which the poor lady found herself.

Over to you.

A4 sheet of paper handed out on check in at appropriate times.

Containing a map of Chaweng beach. Dangerous area shaded in. Simple. Effective. Unlikely.

Rouge / freak waves are very much a reality .... a visiting friend standing a the view point between Chawang and Lamai yesterday, was very fortunate not to be swept away by a freak wave,,,, She was standing on the rocks at the bottom .... fortunately ended up just getting soaked rather than swept out to sea...

Coming back from the Marine Park the day before yesterday, it was probably the second worse & roughest trip I have ever made, with very choppy seas in the afternoon... until then it had been pretty calm all day... good enough for smooth kayaking, in the park. Things can change very quickly....

Sorry to hear of the loss of life to the victim on Chawang Beach, sad indeed....