Where's The Best Place To Buy A Battery For A Pick-up?

JetsetBkk

My battery is about 2 years old and no matter how often I charge it up using a charger, starting the pick-up is worryingly slow so I'm going to buy a new one.

I was wondering what manufacturer's battery is recommended by people here and where's the best place to get one.

I know of two places: Cockpit on Mae Luan Road, Phuket Town and there's the small shop about 400m up on the right from Chalong circle on Chao Fah Road East, but I don't know which manufacturer they supply or what's the best value for money.

Any thoughts?

2 years seems to be the standard battery life regardless of brand. A couple of years ago I used the guy on Chao Fa East (recommended by a friend) & he came to my place with the battery & installed it. You could consider a sealed battery as they never need water but not sure if their lifespan is longer.

Yeah 2 years is about it I'm afraid.

I'm on my 3rd one in 5 years.

I don't think it really matters where you buy it.

I go to the same guy all the time as he knows me and doesn't charge me if I come in to get it charged or any maintenance. (He even tops off the water in there for free for me)

He is on the left going from Chalong towards Phuket town on the Choafa east road, about halfway and just after the Siam bank intersection traffic light.

I have used Panasonic batteries in my Ford Ranger. Lasted about 3 years. Buy my batteries at the battery shop near the traffic light at the major intersection of the road to Patong and Viset Road, diagonal from the Caltex service station but a bit further away from the Patong side. Just pull in and they do all the work. Woman in charge is capable and can speak a little bit of English if conversation is needed.

Yeah 2 years is about it I'm afraid.

I'm on my 3rd one in 5 years.

I don't think it really matters where you buy it.

I go to the same guy all the time as he knows me and doesn't charge me if I come in to get it charged or any maintenance. (He even tops off the water in there for free for me)

He is on the left going from Chalong towards Phuket town on the Choafa east road, about halfway and just after the Siam bank intersection traffic light.

second this dealer. next to seven/11 at the south entrance of Villa California. Their best battery is Boliden, maintance free swedish brand name with 1,5 or 2 years warranty. approx 3k baht for diesel pickup

we change our battery every 2 years,,after one failed on us at the night market,,bt 3500 fitted,its the air con drains the life out of battery's,

Sorry but that's completely un-true. The air-con compressor is belt driven by the engine therefore mechanical. The only electronic draw/load is the magnetic clutch to engage the compressor and the interior fan both use little current and are generally on only when the engines running and therefore being supplied by the alternator.

What causes short battery life here is a combination of poor quality batteries and the temperature here.

we change our battery every 2 years,,after one failed on us at the night market,,bt 3500 fitted,its the air con drains the life out of battery's,

Sorry but that's completely un-true. The air-con compressor is belt driven by the engine therefore mechanical. The only electronic draw/load is the magnetic clutch to engage the compressor and the interior fan both use little current and are generally on only when the engines running and therefore being supplied by the alternator.

What causes short battery life here is a combination of poor quality batteries and the temperature here.

Yes, when I have my air-con on I usually have it on lowest temperature and lowest fan speed - so I use maximum diesel but minimum electricity. That's the intent, anyway. :D

However I usually don't have it on, but have all the windows open (unless I'm following a bus or Isuzu :) ).