Missing Cell Phone

nevermore93

This is most likely an effort in futility, but I can at least say I tried. I lost my cell phone Saturday night somewhere near the intersection of Loi Kroh and Chang Klan Rd. The phone is just a cheap Motorola F3 that I got for making basic calls in Thailand, but it has all my local contacts and numbers in it. :)

I'm guessing that it was most likely due to either my own "butterfingers" or somebody else's "sticky fingers".

1274571030_fabe14d205.jpg

I tried that already. I just get the "call back service" message. It had a full charge when I lost it, so I'm guessing it has either been turned off or had the sim card pulled already

Or something heavy has driven over it. Bad luck. Its always the contacts are the worst loss.

Try ringing it. Someone might answer.

I tried that already. I just get the "call back service" message. It had a full charge when I lost it, so I'm guessing it has either been turned off or had the sim card pulled already.

It may be no consolation to you,as you cant get your Directory back,but if you are with AIS and DTAC just go along to a

Police station tell them you have probably had your mobile stolen. Ask them if they can give you a letter to that effect,so that you can get your number back.

Take the permission letter to either companies main office,they will sell you a new SIM card with your old number on the new card. Its all done by the Bar Code on the new Sim surround card which is computer swiped.

The bonus is you get your calling credit back as well, assuming the "Thief" has dumped your old sim before using up your credit. Police must have been generous with me,didnt even charge for the letter.

For damage limitation and text expense, some of your friends will ring you then you have their number.

I used to have a small key ring that you put your SIM card into, pressed a button and it copied all the data on it. If you lost your SIM you put in the new one, pressed the other button and it put it back on the SIM.Very handy. I would imagine you can get them in Pantip or similar ?

Try ringing it. Someone might answer.

I tried that already. I just get the "call back service" message. It had a full charge when I lost it, so I'm guessing it has either been turned off or had the sim card pulled already.

It may be no consolation to you,as you cant get your Directory back,but if you are with AIS and DTAC just go along to a

Police station tell them you have probably had your mobile stolen. Ask them if they can give you a letter to that effect,so that you can get your number back.

Take the permission letter to either companies main office,they will sell you a new SIM card with your old number on the new card. Its all done by the Bar Code on the new Sim surround card which is computer swiped.

The bonus is you get your calling credit back as well, assuming the "Thief" has dumped your old sim before using up your credit. Police must have been generous with me,didnt even charge for the letter.

For damage limitation and text expense, some of your friends will ring you then you have their number.

That's good advice - with AIS you don't even need the Police report you just have to be able to confirm your identity and be prepared to answer where you bought your most recent top up and how much it was.

A few months ago I lost my phone. I went to the DTAC office at KSK -- the only DTAC office I've ever dealt with and they looked up my most recent top-up purchase on their computer and transferred my phone number and balance. They even sold me a nice, basic phone for 1000 baht, so now I have a new phone rather than one of those used phones from one of the upstairs kiosks. The entire procedure was very quick and slick. They never asked for a police report.

Now I write down contact info every time I enter someone's number into phone.

Ill stand to be corrected here, but I'm sure the last time I lost my phone they were able to restore the part of the phone book that was on the SIM card as well as getting the credit back and my own number (that was AIS), obviously they couldn't retrieve data stored on the phone itself.

Ill stand to be corrected here, but I'm sure the last time I lost my phone they were able to restore the part of the phone book that was on the SIM card as well as getting the credit back and my own number (that was AIS), obviously they couldn't retrieve data stored on the phone itself.
, i

Maybe go to AIS, tell them ur number and they will give you new SIM. Anyway, asked them to print out call out history (not sure for prepaid number). Not sure but you may get some number you usually call. Let's try :)