Accident

Forkinhades

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One question:

How did she contact you to make this new claim?

Get her to meet you with some of her family members late one night in a dimly lit location. See if you can't re-enact the original mess for scientific purposes and produce a more favourable outcome? :)

Reading some of the comments here I am not sure if the OP did drive into a Human or a Buffalo. :)

This Woman has every right to get compensated for what happend to her. And no, I would also not go to a cheap hospital if I would know that a proper Insurance is covering the cost.

powderpuff, that is a fanciful post you make there. Lawyers can "AND HAVE BEEN" retained for much less! And with a slamdunk farang rip off I am sure the paper trial could be even thinner...

Reading some of the comments here I am not sure if the OP did drive into a Human or a Buffalo. :)

This Woman has every right to get compensated for what happend to her. And no, I would also not go to a cheap hospital if I would know that a proper Insurance is covering the cost.

Precisely. You ran into the back of her, the accident was your fault. Why should she do you, or your insurance company, a favour by going to a cheap hospital?

The Bangkok Pattaya is well known for its exorbitant prices, also would like to point out, that if it was thai/thai accident, they would have gone to a much cheaper hospital in the local area.

Added to which, she is entitled to compensation as she has been unable to work due to your negligence . . . why do you consider it 'trying it on'?

Put yourself in her shoes, would you act differently or do you have this 'all Thais are out for my money' attitude?

Again I echo, the thais see a fralang in an accident, and go straight to the most expensive hospital. They all think we are millionaires, and have an attitude of go forth and multiply the fralang.

Find out from your insurance what was actually paid for. If it was only the hospital bill, she may want compensation for lost pay due to time lost at work. This is only fair, since you ran into her from behind. A LOT of people in Thailand are "running just above empty" financially.

However as this is Thailand, there is always the element of "trying one on" to any negotiations like this....

Show your generosity whilst pointing out that if it was a Thai who hit her, he probably wouldn't have stopped. Don't go to the police station. Just give her a little money......

I don't see what the point of having insurance if you are made to pay out of your own pocket...? Why are so many people suggesting he fork out his own cash?

Sure the women should get some compensation...but surely that's why he pays an insurance premium...?

Yup. Wot Dave said.

or put another way...

If she is coming to you direct, its probably 'cos the insurance co have already told her she doesn't have a leg to stand on. (no pun intended!)

tell her to get on the good foot and do the bad thing!

signed: James Brown (SuperBad)

I don't see what the point of having insurance if you are made to pay out of your own pocket...? Why are so many people suggesting he fork out his own cash?

Sure the women should get some compensation...but surely that's why he pays an insurance premium...?

Yeah, pay some 10, 20, 30 000 ฿ p.a. and than go out maiming people, that's not how it works :) .

In your country he would get his dl revoked and probably sentenced for reckless driving.

Forkinhades, speak with the lady and show some responsibility :D .

OK the medical is take care off, but maybe she can;t work with her injurys and has no income, maybe she has dependants, it's just an assumption that she is trying it on.

If her situation is that she cannot work due to your negligence then I should imagine she is entitled to some compensation either from you or your Insurance company.

Yeah, pay some 10, 20, 30 000 ฿ p.a. and than go out maiming people, that's not how it works :) .

In your country he would get his dl revoked and probably sentenced for reckless driving.

Dont think so, as the motorbike taxi did not have a license, so his insurance would be null and void, and he would need to have a taxi license. Open and shut case, also the motorbike pulled out on me, and I did not have a chance to stop, this is why we went to police in the first instance to determine whose fault it was. As I said before the police was not interested. The local police even showed up at the accident, again they was not interested and drove off. Even the highway police showed after, and again they was not interested, so all in all THREE different police groups was not interested. I am now just going to let my Insurance deal with it, thats why I got A1 insurance, with cover of 1 Million per person, and 10 Million per accident.

What are you on about?

Edit; i did write start to write a lengthy retort, but then realized you are just not worth it :D

the motorbike pulled out on me, and I did not have a chance to stop,

Slightly different from your OP:

Recently I has an accident (hit a motorbike taxi from behind)
I am now just going to let my Insurance deal with it,

The best way to deal with it, or have it dealt with

Thanks guys very good answers, and from top posters here.

I will tell her to speak to my insurance, and not to me, obviously trying it on.

From what I can make out, she had a broken right leg, and the hospital fees were 100,000 (not 100% on this though), por ror bor covered 50,000, and my A1 the rest.

My A1 insurance has cover of 1 mil per person, and 10 mil per accident

Hang on forkin!

"Trying it on..." Sheesh. :)

The hospital bills should be the end of it?

Ever had a broken leg? Ever been hit from behind whilst on a motorbike?

The broken leg can interfere with her ability to work at least temporarily.

A little sympathy is in order here. 'specially since it won't be coming out of your pocket.

Thanks guys very good answers, and from top posters here.

I will tell her to speak to my insurance, and not to me, obviously trying it on.

From what I can make out, she had a broken right leg, and the hospital fees were 100,000 (not 100% on this though), por ror bor covered 50,000, and my A1 the rest.

My A1 insurance has cover of 1 mil per person, and 10 mil per accident

Hang on forkin!

"Trying it on..." Sheesh. :)

The hospital bills should be the end of it?

Ever had a broken leg? Ever been hit from behind whilst on a motorbike?

The broken leg can interfere with her ability to work at least temporarily.

A little sympathy is in order here. 'specially since it won't be coming out of your pocket.

I think you have missed the point.

Taking money from his pocket is exactly what she is trying to do.

I love the way that some people automatically blame the OP.

That's because in his OP he simply says that he ran into the woman from behind . . . and only later states that she pulled out in front of him.

Changing goal-posts , perhaps? Perhaps not.

I love the way that some people automatically blame the OP.

That's because in his OP he simply says that he ran into the woman from behind . . . and only later states that she pulled out in front of him.

Changing goal-posts , perhaps? Perhaps not.

It's quite easy to run into the back of somebody after they pull out in front of you.

I have had to slam my brakes on many an occasion because of erratic behaviour in front.

you pay insurance for this very reason , tell her to p**s off !

Why should she piss off? Is this the usual behavior you have? Why not tell her polite that she should contact the Insurance Company? Maybe even give her the Name and Phone Number of the Person working on the case? It may be also the moment to ask her if her leg is better and so on.

Thats what I would do in my Homecountry and thats what I would do over here.

She has a legal claim and she could sue you, you have insurance coverage ,Let your insurance agency take over from here.

You hit the taxi from behind, you are at fault, plain and simple.

This is not a Thai against Falang case, that is how the law reacts in Thailand regardless of who you are.

Cheers: :)

She has a legal claim and she could sue you, you have insurance coverage ,Let your insurance agency take over from here.

You hit the taxi from behind, you are at fault, plain and simple.

This is not a Thai against Falang case, that is how the law reacts in Thailand regardless of who you are.

Cheers: :)

ditto