19k Electricity Invoice?

PTYfan

All this speculation. :D

It may be a number of things but the 1st logical steps would be to:

1] Ascertain if you are using appliances (air conditioners) sensibly or not.

2] Check the meter for fault/accuracy.

3] Check for all possible electrical problems (as I mentioned previously).

Once these things have been eliminated from being at fault, other possible problems may be looked into.

Everybody wants to hang someone whilst absolutely nothing is known about the OP's situation. :D

This is a SHOCKING situation. :D

Watt do you mean?

Megatwatt time........aka expensivo :)

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You say you are living in a high rise Condo.

They usually get one bill from the Electricity Company.

No they don't. There are seperate meters for each unit on each floor.

Do you live in a high rise condo in Bangkok?

I think it has pretty much been proven that with the sliding scale (more you use, the higher the rate) and most likely extremely inefficient A/C's he is not being overcharged.

That is assuming this is not the troll I suspect it is. The OP has not posted the bill, has not answered the question on previous usage that is shown on the bill (in Bangkok).

TH

Dear TH

I agree there are separate meters for each unit on each floor.

NO I dont live in a high rise unit in Bangkok, but I did live in a High rise unit in Pattaya for 2 years.

I own and live in a house on the Dark Side now.

However when I did live in the condo, we had separate meters also and they were read by management each month. They in turn wrote out an Invoice as stated by the enquirer, as he gets the same. Not a bill from the Electricity Company.

Only the Condo Owner/Manager got A bill from the Electricity Company, which they paid in total. They in turn then collected the cash from each rented or owned unit as per the meter reading at the rate you agreed to pay them, as per the Invoice.

Maby Bangkok condos are different, I don't know? :)

I live in a condo in Bangkok and pay rent and utilities on another. In both I get the Metropolitan Electric Authority bill. Neither the building management nor the owners of the units I rent add any amount to bill. Both are Thai owned.

The OP has already stated he saw the MEA bill and compared the reading on it to the actual meter. He shut his mains off and that same meter stopped.

From this one can deduce

It’s the right meter and nothing other then his unit is connected

The owner is not adding anything to the invoice

What he has failed to state is what his MEA invoice says was the prior usage, which it does.

TH

I live in a condo in Bangkok and pay rent and utilities on another. In both I get the Metropolitan Electric Authority bill. Neither the building management nor the owners of the units I rent add any amount to bill. Both are Thai owned.

The OP has already stated he saw the MEA bill and compared the reading on it to the actual meter. He shut his mains off and that same meter stopped.

From this one can deduce

It's the right meter and nothing other then his unit is connected

The owner is not adding anything to the invoice

What he has failed to state is what his MEA invoice says was the prior usage, which it does.

TH

Well, lets just see what comes from all of the informative information he has been given.

I doubt we will get a reply at all, as nothing to date.