Bangkok Highways Department Depot Hit By Bomb Attack

webfact

Highways Department depot hit by bomb attack

BANGKOK: -- A grenade attack occurred at around 10.30 pm Monday at a Highways Department depot in Bangkok's Talingchan area. No injuries were reported.

A security box located in front of the local Highways Department office in Taling Chan area was damaged. Bang Phat police said the grenade used was an M-67.

Pol Lt Colonel Prathan Jaemduang refused to comment whether the attack was politically motivated, but said a night guard was recently fired, and possibly responsible for the attack. No eyewitnesses were at the scene at the time of the blast.

The officer said there was a security camera located around 100 metres away from the scene, but the distance was possibly too far to catch details of the incident.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2010-03-22

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

A security box located in front of the local Highways Department office in Taling Chan area was damaged. Bang Phat police said the grenade used was an M-67.

So after he was sacked he just went down the road and bought a grenade, threw it at the security box and blew it up. :D Not a bad shot. :D O'Give me a break. :)

The government wisely continues to play down any and all explosive violence. Suthep is bending over backwards to minimize chaos and violent disruptions. At the 11th Infantry Barracks the army diffused that situation by a sophisticated strategy that had the Redshirts laffing then dispersing. Consequently, the Redshirts with a scatterbrained and weak leadership have lost control of the situation and the government is being overly cautious towards this sporatic and spastic rogue violence. :)

Or I guess the fired guy :D was a closet Redshirt anyway. :D

Hand-grenades of this type is available for purchase if you look round.

I doubt any responsible members here would want to purchase it. No need to look around.

Anyone whose brother in law knows a distant cousin in the police who knows a neighbor in the army who doesn't know a Redshirt rogue general but who knows someone who knows a Redshirt who knows the Redshirt rogue general or who knows some army commander who is on the payroll of the fugitive, who himself now has established some mob contact in a country on the Adriatic, can get hold of a rifle or rocket launched grenade (very different from a hand grenade) not to mention the the rocket launcher.

Seriously. Seriously it's easier than that. A lot easier.

I doubt any responsible members here would want to purchase it. No need to look around.

Anyone whose brother in law knows a distant cousin in the police who knows a neighbor in the army who doesn't know a Redshirt rogue general but who knows someone who knows a Redshirt who knows the Redshirt rogue general or who knows some army commander who is on the payroll of the fugitive, who himself now has established some mob contact in a country on the Adriatic, can get hold of a rifle or rocket launched grenade (very different from a hand grenade) not to mention the the rocket launcher.

Actually, it's so easy it's scary. Imagine buying such a lethal munition as a hand grenade in the West!

Edited by Fore Man

The government wisely continues to play down any and all explosive violence. Suthep is bending over backwards to minimize chaos and violent disruptions. At the 11th Infantry Barracks the army diffused that situation by a sophisticated strategy that had the Redshirts laffing then dispersing. Consequently, the Redshirts with a scatterbrained and weak leadership have lost control of the situation and the government is being overly cautious towards this sporatic and spastic rogue violence. :)

Or I guess the fired guy :D was a closet Redshirt anyway. :D

Both ideas have some credence.

I would . I had to pay 5000bhat to blow up a cow before , now I find out I could have blown one up for free :)

Actually, it's so easy it's scary. Imagine buying such a lethal munition as a hand grenade in the West!

you really think its that hard to buy that in the west.......you are really wrong,i am not around gangsters and i got that oportunity several times to buy stuff like that...btw not old world war 2 stuff but brand new stuff......i know its scary but as drugs weapons are big business and if you know the right people you will get it easy.

you really think its that hard to buy that in the west.......you are really wrong,i am not around gangsters and i got that oportunity several times to buy stuff like that...btw not old world war 2 stuff but brand new stuff......i know its scary but as drugs weapons are big business and if you know the right people you will get it easy.

not in england;

guns are available, but for explosives you'll need to hop across to ireland :)