Personal Trainer Device (running)

Richb2004v2

I'm going to the Uk shortly and plan on buying a Garmin wrist worn personal trainer to assist my running program. These things operate from GPS. I just wonder if it will work ok in Thailand, and if anyone has any experience of them? I'm guessing that they are cheaper in the Uk than Thailand.

Move this is mods feel it's in the wrong section.

Thanks.

Like the Internet, GPS works in Thailand but is very slow. But if you dont run too fast, you should be fine. :)

Now without joking, yes the unit will work, no problem. GPS works worldwide. About the price, i cant help you, but Thailand is not cheap and as Garmin are imported you may even find a better deal back home.

• 2 weeks later...
I really respect runners in this climate. I just lift some weights and try to do some cardio (usually dont because i think its boring). What time do you runners get up to do your workout ?

I usually head out the door around 0830-0900. Yep, it is hotter than shit and humid as hel_l..keeping my daily at around 6 miles, 3x a day ( 1 am, 1 afternoon, 1 evening..stackin' :) )

The heat isn't so bad, it's the humidity that sucks the life outta me.

( and I use a army issue Suunto Vector, everything 'cept the GPS and H/R monitor ..love it. )

I really respect runners in this climate. I just lift some weights and try to do some cardio (usually dont because i think its boring). What time do you runners get up to do your workout ?

I usually head out the door around 0830-0900. Yep, it is hotter than shit and humid as hel_l..keeping my daily at around 6 miles, 3x a day ( 1 am, 1 afternoon, 1 evening..stackin' :) )

The heat isn't so bad, it's the humidity that sucks the life outta me.

( and I use a army issue Suunto Vector, everything 'cept the GPS and H/R monitor ..love it. )

Respect.. i tried training 2 times a day but i still havent got the dicipline for it. Actually i want to wake up and do some cardio then do the weightlifting in the evenings. But so far i just stick to weighlifting because i like it more. I just worry that when i don't like doing something and force myself to do it i will give up easy.

I just worry that when i don't like doing something and force myself to do it i will give up easy.

That motivation wanes as we get older for sure.

Like you say enjoyment has to still be there in some way or form.

I also mainly do the weights, and have for years. But I sporadically run and like to do an organized run in Thailand every now and then. Although I like the weights more I do get a great feeling of satisfaction from the running. I want the Garmin to help me work up to doing longer distances. I've done a couple of half marathons in Thailand and would like to do some more and maybe one day a full one. It's incredible how many organized marathons (and half marathons and 10Km's) there are across Thailand every week, especially in Bangkok.

www.jogandjoy.com