Eukeka! Best Buffet Hands Down

khunopie

I highly Recommend The Awesome:

The all u can eat Sizzler salad bar buffet is finger lickin good value!! >

For 149 baht, all in, you can gorge yourself until flatulent on a selection of lettuces, croutons, soups, pasta, carbs, little baby chicken eggs, bacon bits, green peas, baby corns, dressing, virgin olive oil, fruits of all flavors, salt and pepper and yogurt and celery and beets. Beverages are extra and the service is great.

Highly Recommended (4 out of 5 stars)

Is it just me or does the Sizzler Salad Bar Buffet rock?

Those are quail eggs.

Agree fantastic value for money.

Eurotrash WILL NOT LIKE IT.

Trailertrash on the other hand have real good taste and love it :)

I really like the salad bar at Sizzlers.........too bad the rest of the menu sucks.

I think that might make me 1/2 trailer trash :D

For the price, the salad bar is good.  It is hardly haute cuisine, but then again, it's 149 baht.  I don't care too much, though, for their menu items.

On another tack, has anybody been to Ginger at the Centara Grand?  THey are advertising a Wagyu Beef buffet every Wednesday.  I loved the Grand Hyatt Erawans' wagyu promotion they had last year, and I wonder if this one is any good.

For 149 baht, all in, you can gorge yourself until flatulent on a selection of lettuces, croutons, soups, pasta, carbs, little baby chicken eggs, bacon bits, green peas, baby corns, dressing, virgin olive oil, fruits of all flavors, salt and pepper and yogurt and celery and beets. Beverages are extra and the service is great.

I like the image of baby chickens laying eggs.

What color are the carbs?

Are there banana flavored fruits?

Bacon bits: made from textured vegetable protein, artificially flavored to resemble bacon. Yummy !

"....dressing, virgin olive oil..."

I can rearrange those words to be much for fun.

Sorry, I'm sure the place was great. I used to eat at a Thai buffet for 99 Baht that bumped up to 115 but was still good value with DIY BBQ fish, rock lobster and big prawns as well as the normal mystery cuts of pig and beef, noodles etc. and enough ice cream to drown a camel - that was outside Pattaya and I sure miss it.

When I was in the States, I considered Sizzler a low end place to get steaks and whatnot. I've actually eaten at Sizzler more times in my five or so years here in Thailand than I had ever eaten in my 20+ years in the States. From what I can remember, the salad bar was a lot better in the States. It was more than just salad. You could get pizza, chicken fingers, and a variety of other food. I only go to Sizzler cuz the gf likes to eat salad. Plus we just order and entree and fill up on salad so we can take home the entree as another meal. It is a cheap buffet and so it's good value for the money. I sometimes like to order a baked potato and fill it up with cheese, sour cream, the fake bacon, and other stuff to have a hearty baked potato like back home.

When I was in the States, I considered Sizzler a low end place to get steaks and whatnot. I've actually eaten at Sizzler more times in my five or so years here in Thailand than I had ever eaten in my 20+ years in the States. From what I can remember, the salad bar was a lot better in the States. It was more than just salad. You could get pizza, chicken fingers, and a variety of other food. I only go to Sizzler cuz the gf likes to eat salad. Plus we just order and entree and fill up on salad so we can take home the entree as another meal. It is a cheap buffet and so it's good value for the money. I sometimes like to order a baked potato and fill it up with cheese, sour cream, the fake bacon, and other stuff to have a hearty baked potato like back home.

That's nice. if I want a salad I buy the ready made ones from the supermarket (60 baht), potato (10 baht) and have it at home.

I like the image of baby chickens laying eggs.

What color are the carbs?

Are there banana flavored fruits?

Bacon bits: made from textured vegetable protein, artificially flavored to resemble bacon. Yummy !

"....dressing, virgin olive oil..."

I can rearrange those words to be much for fun.

Sorry, I'm sure the place was great. I used to eat at a Thai buffet for 99 Baht that bumped up to 115 but was still good value with DIY BBQ fish, rock lobster and big prawns as well as the normal mystery cuts of pig and beef, noodles etc. and enough ice cream to drown a camel - that was outside Pattaya and I sure miss it.

I love those baby chickens! And the fact that they give birth to baby chicken eggs is a miracle of nature. Proof of GOD? Well I don't know. I'm just happy the farmers didn't abort the delivery of the baby eggs before they were delivered to sizzler.

Bananas are indeed a banana flavored fruit but my favorite has got to be a watermelon flavored fruit called watermelon. Fantastically flavored carb of the pale red carb colored interior with green shell. The carbs in sizzler come in every color of an artists pallet so come on down.

• 4 weeks later...
When I was in the States, I considered Sizzler a low end place to get steaks and whatnot. I've actually eaten at Sizzler more times in my five or so years here in Thailand than I had ever eaten in my 20+ years in the States.

Different packaging here, back home it felt more like a truck stop diner (and sometimes it indeed was part of some trucker stops on major highways). Wouldn't call it the best, but at least they keep their veggies relatively fresh.

:)

For the price, the salad bar is good.  It is hardly haute cuisine, but then again, it's 149 baht.  I don't care too much, though, for their menu items.

On another tack, has anybody been to Ginger at the Centara Grand?  THey are advertising a Wagyu Beef buffet every Wednesday.  I loved the Grand Hyatt Erawans' wagyu promotion they had last year, and I wonder if this one is any good.

The one to beat is The Sukhothai. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Mrs Q and I had dinner there a while back, its was very nice but no wagyu steaks, bits of it in salads etc.

The wagyu itself was not especially well marbled and the rest of the buffet was, for the cash, just so so.

Edited by quiksilva

The wagyu at 55, the Centara's new steak house, is excellent, best I've had in Bangkok. The chef is Canadian.

Sizzler buffet is a good deal for the money. The chicken and pork is decent, and the baked potato is too small, but the salad bar is great. They have GREAT blue cheese dressing, which is almost impossible to find in Thailand, especially at that price. I eat enough blue cheese alone to make it worth the money

Still the best buffets in Thailand are the 99 baht moo kata bbq places

Sorry, but the buffet at the Grand Sothern hotel in Thung Song win hands down!! 99 Baht which includeds soup, salad bar, sushi bar, western food, 5 or 6 thai trays of Thai dishes, noodle stall, somtam stall, Thai yam salad bar................ all for 99 Baht :)