Japanese Man Held In Thailand Over US$ 62 Million Fraud

webfact

Japanese man held in Thailand over massive fraud: police

BANGKOK (AFP) -- Thai police said Tuesday they have arrested a Japanese man accused of defrauding people of some 62 million dollars through investment scams in his home country.

Mamoru Nagano, 65, was arrested in the upmarket Sukhumvit area of Bangkok on Monday at the request of the Japanese embassy, said Colonel Wiwat Kamchamnan from the immigration police.

Nagano is accused of violating investment law in Japan, defrauding a large number of people of a total of 5.6 billion yen (62 million dollars) in Hiroshima city.

"He is under detention and will be deported to Japan," Wiwat said.

Nagano arrived in Bangkok one month ago on a tourist visa, and his arrest came after his Japanese passport was revoked by the embassy on Monday, the police officer said.

afplogo.jpg

-- ©Copyright AFP 2010-03-23

Published with written approval from AFP.

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

With this kind of money (possible stolen) in my back and the Japanese police behind me, I not walk around openly in Bangkok.

I hide for some longer time in a place far from the public eye and protected-with my money, from the local Politicans and Police in a forgotten corner somewhere in Asia. Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines?

1 Million would serve me well already. :)

maybe his passport had expired. same thing happened to someone else who had commited a crime back home. the police back hom ewaitedf o his passport to expire then they called the police in thailand and the police in thailand had to choice but to arrest him and send him home