Frankfurters

HansBlinkers

Rim Ping has some reasonable ones. What's the one with the blue label? CFP or something; good and fairly affordable. And then there's the TGM brand of course.

I well agree the few that I can tolerate are in Rim Ping and Carrefour Deli they are not great just better than the worst.I was not aware that TGM made a frankfurter only sausage?

we have a guy here that makes great hot dogs ( the sausage bit ) ,,, l dont know what he puts in them and l dont want to know but they taste great for me ,,as good as what l have had back in Oz,,,,, 1 or 2 a week for me is OK ,,,,, sorry guys ,,, a long ways from Chiang Mai l know ,, :)

cheers egg

I think you will find that sausage is a generic term for any meat product inside a skin, we in Britain do occasionally call our German cousins Sausage Eaters after all. I have no issue with American English v British English, both have their advantages, cobberdiggerbloke Egg was just comparing is all.

Weenie springs to mind

"To Nobodies" is long gone but the owner of "Butter is Better" is about to start making and selling his own beef hotdogs!

How do you know that?

Hope it is not rumor. :)

It is true and the guy at Butter is Better knows his food (he will be a Thai Visa sponsor soon). I'm looking forward to trying them.

Also, Dave at the Duke's is working on making up some all beef dogs as well.

Edited by Ulysses G.

I was up to G and M German sausage this weekend and the you get all at Gunter place.

Still one from the old school and I tell his Frankfurters are super .

But as always the goodies are a bit out of the City.

Here is a link to a German Webb page there you can find a god map to get there

http://www.stammtisch-chiangmai.de/

Every Sunday he has a Buffet and you can Eat all you can for 200 baht per person and Children free.

And the place was packed this last Sunday so be there Early starts at 11 am.

Edited by SM7WGP

I was up to G and M German sausage this weekend and the you get all at Gunter place.

Every Sunday he has a Buffet and you can Eat all you can for 200 baht per person and Children free.

The best I've had here in town are at Duke's, they're on the kids menu. I think they're from a local German supplier but anyone know for sure?

I have had many a fine meal at G&M in Doi Saket as their name says "Sausage" they do not sell frankfurters. Dave at the Duke's is using the best substitution that he can find which happens to be GM saugsage. There is still not one good frankfurter in Chiang Mai. IMHO. :)

To correct you he does sell frankfurters and to a price 230 baht for 1 Kg

Can it be that you can not se the differences in sausage.

I will stick my neck out The only one that make horrible tasty food is yanks and britts and its still like that. They dont know what taste is

sweet like hel_l or taste less.

Edited by SM7WGP

To correct you he does sell frankfurters and to a price 230 baht for 1 Kg

Can it be that you can not se the differences in sausage.

I will stick my neck out The only one that make horrible tasty food is yanks and britts and its still like that. They dont know what taste is

sweet like hel_l or taste less.

It is so nice to see such a positive feed back. :)

Just discovered they sell chilli dogs at my local 7/11, chilli is in a cellophane packet that is nuked along with the dog, not bad with the slad loaded up.

Actually they are. It covers up that disgusting taste from what they say is a hot dog. :)

All sucks? I once tried a frank in Austria and it's not better than TGM or GM or even S&P.  In fact I think most of the food in even an upscale restaurant, take away in Austria and Switzerland are quite salty. 

NO where and thats a fact Jack. :) Every frakfurter in this town sucks. :D