Frankfurters

HansBlinkers

Where can I get decent frankfurters in Chiang Mai?

Hans -

Here in Chiangmai you can find good sausage at RimPing supermarket in the produce section.

Note: that is not the deli counter.

The best quality brand I've found is "Bei Otto" -- a famous, German restaurant in Bangkok which makes its own sausages.

The closest to a frankfurter is Bei Otto's Vienna Sausage.

assorted_grill_sausage.jpg

Not always in stock at RimPing, but if you can find it, I think you'll be pleased with the quality and flavor.

(It is German style, not American "ball park" or kosher style.)

But bring money: Bei Otto sausages are expensive, just like the restaurant.

Bei Otto web site.

-- Oneman

Chiangmai

Edited by Oneman

He intends to use beef for American style hotdogs. I for one can't wait as I usually only get beef hotdogs at the US Consulate on fourth of July!

Hurry up. Hurry up. Hurry up. :)

Those not familiar with the US may not recognize this product, but, FYI, the only frankfurter for which the US FDA requires a health warning label is the "Barny Frank".

NO where and thats a fact Jack. :) Every frakfurter in this town sucks. :D

Pinky's has good ones but they get a bit carried away with excess garnishing unless you request them to keep the toppings to be only the ones that you specify. They are on Chong Moi Rd at N18.79047 E98.99388. Their burgers are good too but are enormous and probably add up to more than an averege day's worth of calories for anyone who aspires to weigh less than 100 kg.

This should be the GPS coordinates to Gunter's

N 18.4792 E 099.0830

Those coordinates are near Mae Tha, roughly 50 km SSE of of Chiang Mai city. Is that correct? Seems like a bit of a long way to go for a hot dog.

Coordinates are correct. They are not hot dogs but great sausages and German food. You need to give them a ago. :)

Yes thats true Guenther is way out on the country between Sankampang Road and Doi Saket

But the place is loaded with Thais that not like farrang food :)

And they come in hordes on Sundays so the parking lot is full.

Yes thats true Guenther is way out on the country between Sankampang Road and Doi Saket

And you can not get there from here. :D

And you can not get there from here. :D

Guenther has a resturant at Kad Suen Kaew near Mike burger too.

Ball Park hotdog  Johnsonville is also available fozen at Rimping but too expensive.

Edited by Maccheroncini

This should be the GPS coordinates to Gunter's

N 18.4792 E 099.0830

Those coordinates are near Mae Tha, roughly 50 km SSE of of Chiang Mai city. Is that correct? Seems like a bit of a long way to go for a hot dog.

..... maybe they took the coords from the other end of the hot dog.

:)

Must be the power of suggestion,,,,,,, but I just had to have one

This is a Gunther , G & M "Frankfurter".

It has been transformed into a Jumbo Hot Dog.

Not just any jumbo hot dog but a " DYNO DAWG "

Frankfurter wrapped in bacon, cheese, pickle, tomato, onion and with an order of chips.

Its from a place that shall remain nameless, but rest assured it is close to my heart and stomach.

Also rest assured that as you read this I am enjoying a true German Frankfurter, transformed into a Dyno Dawg.

Preparation instructions taken from our book, " Amazing Things You Can Do With A Frankfurter "

Available at good second hand bookstores near you

post-22124-1269600705_thumb.jpg

also great with potato salad...... dam_n wish I had thought of that before I ate the chips.....

• 8 months later...

Must be the power of suggestion,,,,,,, but I just had to have one

This is a Gunther , G & M "Frankfurter".

It has been transformed into a Jumbo Hot Dog.

Not just any jumbo hot dog but a " DYNO DAWG "

Frankfurter wrapped in bacon, cheese, pickle, tomato, onion and with an order of chips.

Its from a place that shall remain nameless, but rest assured it is close to my heart and stomach.

Also rest assured that as you read this I am enjoying a true German Frankfurter, transformed into a Dyno Dawg.

Preparation instructions taken from our book, " Amazing Things You Can Do With A Frankfurter "

Available at good second hand bookstores near you

post-22124-1269600705_thumb.jpg

also great with potato salad...... dam_n wish I had thought of that before I ate the chips.....

Hmmmm, do you sell that at your restaurant? Your location is much for convenient for me than Gunthers. Those chips look perfect too, although I'd need more than 6!

Guenther has a resturant at Kad Suen Kaew near Mike burger too.

Is that the 'German Bistro', on the lower-ground floor, I thought that was owned by a German lady & her Thai husband ? Although they do make an excellent potato-salad, and their sausages are good, too. B)