Red Shirt Movement In Thailand And The Buddhist Monks

midas

I have a fairly consistent pro-people and pro-democracy agenda, yes. But as I've pointed out time and again, I see far too many fools and lunatics on those stages to claim support for the Red Shirts comprehensively. And especially not for that politician everyone keeps talking about, again including many on the Red Shirt stages.

It's just not nice when someone tries to make a reasoned analysis (correct or otherwise) and the only response they get is a 'Thaksin is a villain' rant in return.

I understand your frustration Winnie. The problem is that the redshirts have not, and probably cannot, divorce themselves from this man. Their other demands cannot be taken seriously until they make their other issues the priority. An offer of house dissolution is already on the table from the Abhisit government. The only conditions are (1) freedom to campaign, (2) Thaksin cases remain in the judiciary without political interference, and (3) no vote buying or electoral fraud in the election. The reds are demanding house dissolution and de-emphasizing the Thaksin situation. They have this opportunity for house dissolution, but they do not take it. Why not? That they can't agree to the conditions outlined above immediately calls into question the true purpose of the demonstrations.

I missed hearing about this :) Where was it reported ?

Unbelievable...........

I agree they should grab this offer right now before sentiment starts to change.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last couple of TV interviews Abhisit has done he has stated that house dissolution is on the table for discussion but i think he states that in the knowledge that the reds will never agree to the pre-requisites, the main sticking one being that Thaksin is not white-washed.